Paladin Stats

RELAXcowboy
Newcomer

Paladin Stats

Post by RELAXcowboy » October 26th, 2015, 3:13 am

I see a lot of talk about skill builds, but I can't seem to find anything on peoples thoughts about stats. I have the skill build I'm going for but given how RO was maybe years ago It has me a bit cautious oh how I should do my stats.
This is the Skill build I'm going for: http://www.tosbase.com/tools/skill-simu ... y2rc24p4g/
Now I know I'm going STR/CON/SPR but its the ratios that I'm cautious about.
This is what I have now for stat: http://www.tosbase.com/tools/stat-calcu ... apo2y34ip/
What level should I set it to (does it even matter)?
Should I drop CON or SPR for more STR, or the other way around? Anyone with a similar build have any tips for me? I would greatly appreciate it.
Shizo211
Newcomer

Re: Paladin Stats

Post by Shizo211 » October 26th, 2015, 12:06 pm

Generally speaking:

Full support goes int, spr and vit

Smite/Conviction builds go for STR.

I don't understand why so many people think that taking Mass Heal lvl 5 when you go for a STR (smite) build is a good idea. Mass heal scales with int and if you go for an str build than your mass heal will just make you run out of mana and will be a rather low heal at higher lvls. If you think that you can make a hybrid build with int AND str then your damage will be lack luster and your supportive skills, too.

Also why do so many people want to max Barrier? Level 1 seems to be enough. The duration is 50 seconds and the CD is 40 seconds on lvl 1. It literally lasts longer than the cd on lvl 1.

About Priest's Monstrance the general consensus is that it is really good to get one point into it but that leveling it up is underwhelming. You buff your team's dex when you cast it at lvl 1. Additional levels just increase the tiles for the enemy to step in.

My personal advice for you:

Don't get any points in mass heal.

Get 5 points into Conviction since it is a physical attack just like smite and your stats should be focused around the STR build Smite/conviction rely on.

Consider getting Blessing.

Reconsider whether you really need 5 points into Barrier.

Reconsider whether you need 5 points into Revive (this is completely preference but generally 1-3 seconds of invicibility are enough to heal up any additional second doesn't make that much of a difference except in very situational instances but generally not that much of a difference. But again this is preference you can max it and it will be good too.

Get Cure to lvl 5 instead of getting Deprotected zone lvl 4. Lvl 4 deprotected zone won't make much of a difference late game (apparently it sucks now after the nerf but I dunno),but the 20 hits from lvl 5 cure will as seen in this video: https://youtu.be/Idp8TyEnUyA?t=12 Yes, the skill that deals so fast and much damage 70% of that boss' hp is the clerics cure spell.

The stats you have chosen seem solid for the Smite/Conviction build. Maybe you can even go with a bit less SPR since it basically only gives Mana but you need to see it yourself ingame.
RELAXcowboy
Newcomer

Post by RELAXcowboy » October 28th, 2015, 12:36 am

Thanks for the reply.
I changed the build a bit by taking into account some of the things you said: http://www.tosbase.com/tools/skill-simu ... y2rc24p4g/
Decided to go with 10 Aspersion. I want to have good Def and the +38% sounded real nice. Its also the reason why I'm hesitant to lower/get rid of Barrier. Should I not have moved 5 points from elemental resist and instead taken the 5 from Resto?
Anything else that looks off?
Voolhock1
Newcomer

Post by Voolhock1 » November 2nd, 2015, 12:13 pm

Hi
I'm going full support build int-based.

Skills:
http://www.tosbase.com/tools/skill-simu ... tw5eqtzxw/

I was wondering about lower lvl of barrier, but I do not have any idea what instead of it. Any suggestions? :roll:
Crow
Beginner

Post by Crow » November 3rd, 2015, 11:47 am

Shizo211 wrote: I don't understand why so many people think that taking Mass Heal lvl 5 when you go for a STR (smite) build is a good idea. Mass heal scales with int and if you go for an str build than your mass heal will just make you run out of mana and will be a rather low heal at higher lvls. If you think that you can make a hybrid build with int AND str then your damage will be lack luster and your supportive skills, too.
Mass Heal first and foremost scales of target max HP. According to ToSBase formula it heals for 28% of max HP + 280 + INT + SPR. On a target with 12k hp, like the build in question, you get a 3360 heal from the HP scaling alone. Full INT build (ignoring for now the fact, that he would not have that much HP in full INT) would add less than 400 to it. On any target that does not have 0 con, the INT/SPI factor of Mass Heal is very small.

Looking and squishies - a level 200 wizard with 0 points in con will have 4k hp. Mass heal hits him for 1100 from the HP scaling alone. Again by going full INT you could add up to 400 points to it. While this is not an insignificant amount, it is perfectly fine to have Mass Heal with 0 INT and 0 SPI.
Moved from General to Cleric Classes on November 11th, 2015, 4:33 am by Flash