Archer PvP build help

Zamatrius
Newcomer
Server: Orsha
Team Name: SDL

Archer PvP build help

Post by Zamatrius » May 25th, 2016, 7:09 pm

Hi, i've played alot as a beast master/survial hunter in World Of Warcraft(until they released Cataclysm and ruined the game forever '-') and boy, i loved my pets, even that giant spiders :ok: .I'm kind of new in this game and I didn't know that archer has an Hunter specialization ( '-' ) , one of my favorite things was stomp some scrub rogues/mages in arenas/battlegrounds. I've read the archer skills/passives and this is my theory to build an survial+beastmaster hunter.

Stats
Ok this game has rogues, and if they are so annoying here as they was in WoW we need alot of HP to not be stomped in the first 3 hits. I think that 50 con + plate armor is the safest approach, +75 evasion from light armor is OK but you can't evade magic attacks.I know that sounds weird a dex archer wearing a plate armor, but imo the leather armor bonus suck.

After reach the con cap i think that 2/2 Str/Dex or 2/1 Dex/Str can suit my needs. I've read alot about pure dex archers, and imo i don't think that is worth, ofc i can be wrong but i didn't find many pure dex archers around here, that can mean two things: That pure Dex is not good or is fking expensive.

Skill Tree

1 - archer c3 > hunter c3 > musketeer - The gentleman sniper with his faithfull companion.

2 - archer c2 > hunter c2 > rogue c2 > musketeer - Just another bastard with his dog.

3 - archer c2 > hunter c3 > falconer c2 - The beast master.

4 - archer c2 > hunter c3 > falconer > musketeer - Another gentleman, but this one have a falcon.

Final toughts
These are my ideas, i would like to hear(in this case read :ok: ) from you about the choices that i made, which ones can be improved, what skills have no effect on players, etc. You may notice that I put rogue in one of the choices, I also played a lot with this class in WoW, let's say that I have a case of love and hate with these bloody backstabbing bastards. Also my english is not that good, i'm no expert in this language, but i think that this text is pretty understandable. Also I'm sorry for my grammar mistakes, and alot of other things that i may haven't noticed. Thank you all for reading and have a good day.

One more thing: We need pet dogs, I WANT THEM ALL ALLL ALLLL!, sorry i had to say that.
Zhon
Apprentice
Guild: Cafezinho das 6
Timezone: GMT-3
Favorite Class: Falconer
Team Name: Zhonie

Re: Archer PvP build help

Post by Zhon » May 25th, 2016, 9:00 pm

I'd say that usually what turns the rogue into a very annoying class is the combo invisibility + backstabbing mechanics. In ToS, the invisibility (Cloaking) belongs to Scout c1 (rogue c3 has one, but is static - Burrow), so if you want to maximize your performance as rogue (like in your build 2), scout should come into play.

This also means that most archer's pvp focused builds can be annoying, heh.
"Quanto menos se pensa, mais se fala."
- moins on pense, plus on parle
- Œuvres complètes‎ - p. 247, Charles de Secondat Montesquieu - 1823
Zamatrius
Newcomer

Post by Zamatrius » May 25th, 2016, 11:33 pm

Hi Zhon and thank you for your reply. I've seen that skill, the stealth is nice but my pet may reveal me, i was considering using the skill "Retrieve" to immobilize my enemy, bring him to me, and then backstab! Unfortunately i've read that many hunter skills don't work with players, like "Growling", so if the same thing is valid for "Retrieve" the build number 2 can be pretty useless. Is that the case? If yes can you tell me which hunter skill also don't work with players? Thank you for your time.
Vaanheon
Beginner
Favorite Class: Cannoneer

Post by Vaanheon » May 26th, 2016, 1:56 am

Cloak isn't taken just for the invisibility, its also taken for its attribute which adds 50% of your base damage to your next attack wether it be skill or a basic attack that 50% will apply to it.

do note that its 50% base damage for ex. you have 1000 attack so that will be 500 + 150% + 3000 damage on snipe (musketeer skill)
Zhon
Apprentice
Guild: Cafezinho das 6
Timezone: GMT-3
Favorite Class: Falconer
Team Name: Zhonie

Post by Zhon » May 26th, 2016, 4:23 am

Zamatrius wrote:Hi Zhon and thank you for your reply. I've seen that skill, the stealth is nice but my pet may reveal me, i was considering using the skill "Retrieve" to immobilize my enemy, bring him to me, and then backstab! Unfortunately i've read that many hunter skills don't work with players, like "Growling", so if the same thing is valid for "Retrieve" the build number 2 can be pretty useless. Is that the case? If yes can you tell me which hunter skill also don't work with players? Thank you for your time.

Sadly I don't know the anwers yet, because neither me nor my friends have a c2 hunter to run some tests. I'll keep following the forum posts until some hunter 2 or even 3 show up with more enlightenment on the matter
"Quanto menos se pensa, mais se fala."
- moins on pense, plus on parle
- Œuvres complètes‎ - p. 247, Charles de Secondat Montesquieu - 1823
Zamatrius
Newcomer

Post by Zamatrius » May 26th, 2016, 4:58 pm

Hi everyone, and thank you all for your answers. I've decided to go archer c3 > hunter c3, the final rank will be musketeer/cannoneer or maybe falconer, i've not decided yet, but i'll have plenty of time to decide until i get there. Thanks you all again and have a good day :ok: .