Build Advice A2>QS2>S2>Fl1

LS95
Newcomer
Server: Klaipeda

Build Advice A2>QS2>S2>Fl1

Post by LS95 » May 18th, 2016, 1:05 am

So...I ran some lv 50 Dungeons recently, and right now I'm only at A2>QS1. I've noticed a trend in Pavise being largely useless in Dungeons as it doesn't actively Taunt, so when mobs get hits that are attacking the Pavise, and since it doesn't really work as an "obstacle" to block ranged attacks it tends to just sit there untouched until it expires, but my DPS is also somewhat lacking right now, mostly due to not-so-great gear. I plan on using Sapper and Quarrel Shooter to build up a small defensive position of traps, and using Kneeling shot to deal plenty of Crits for a safe-ish distance. It (should) also work for minor CC with Heavy Shot, Full Draw, Multi-shot, and Stone Shot, but the hit lag is pretty annoying when it comes to lining up Full Draws to chain enemies together.

for reference, here's the build I was thinking of using End-Game, as well as the stats.

Should I just scrap my Archer and start over with something not so...gimmick-y?
Aquaくろ
Apprentice
Timezone: +8
Server: [SEA] Telsiai

Re: Build Advice A2>QS2>S2>Fl1

Post by Aquaくろ » May 18th, 2016, 6:31 am

if you went qs it is best to go full circle, for running shot.
you also forsake swift step, which is practically main reason someone would go for archer c2, which is the swift step crit attribute.
if you want to get sapper, it is best to get 2 circle mainly for broom trap, and you did which is good.
if you plan on scrapping, id suggest going a1-qs3-sap2 if you still want them.
cannoner fits your plan, since it is an aoe class. fletcher is mainly single target so it wont work well with the other 2.
your stats is messed up, con should be more, 10 con will be hard to survive. imho spr is debatable, but it is best kept within 50 points.
i suggest changing stats to somewhere around 1:1 str dex or str/dex double of the other. con would be around 40-60.

just my opinions, im a full str wugushi2 btw, so i can say for certain 10 con wont work around rank 4.
LS95
Newcomer
Server: Klaipeda

Post by LS95 » May 18th, 2016, 5:38 pm

I went with a Rank in Fletcher so I could also have some Single-target damage, since I'm thinking most traps would be a waste to use for a single enemy like a boss and Fletcher brings some good stuff to the table. That said the reason I put so much into my proposed SPR is because most of the things I have selected are going to eat through my SP if they're used as a main source of damage (especially Stone Shot and any of the Fletcher skills) instead of using my traps for a majority of my DPS. Traps so far only really seem to shine against some types of enemies, and are completely useless against any non-grounded enemies.

I'll probably stick with it, see how it works out, though my proposed stats could use some adjusting. Thanks for the tip about more CON, I'll transfer a chunk of that SPR into CON later, but as of LVL70, 10 CON is doing pretty okay against LVL89-ish mobs. Fuck Magic-types though, that shit HURTS.
Nolza
Apprentice

Post by Nolza » May 19th, 2016, 12:22 pm

If you have taken up fletcher and QS, I really suggest you take up STR>DEX>CON>SPR. QS is an AA class that thrives on STR and fletcher have high raw dmg, but more str means more consistent dmg. The DEX will help with crits and evasions and if you had added to STR - your crits would hit like a truck especially Broadhead arrow. CON is a must once you reach about Lv160s, try to invest like 20-30 CON total would be enough. SPR is only for the mana, and to be honest, chugging mana pots is more efficient since your firepower would be able to kill a lot of stuff before they can touch you.

I hope it is not too late for this reply, because I wouldn't want you to regret it and feel like your dmg is underwhelming.

Regards,
A fellow Marksman
A1>R3>F2 (Lv178)