archer>ranger>ranger>scout>fletcher or rogue?

SwitchArrow
Newcomer
Server: [SEA] Telsiai
Team Name: KawaiOrange

archer>ranger>ranger>scout>fletcher or rogue?

Post by SwitchArrow » May 16th, 2016, 1:13 am

So I built this out of intuition since I didn't think about googling a cookie cutter build so forgive me and my ignorance. I do think that I messed this up and now I am at a point where I need to advance again to another class. I am simply torn between rogue and fletcher. I understand that rogues are harder to level up and are mostly for PvP and fletchers are awesome (as I have been with them in dungeons, and I feel mostly incompetent beside them) for PvE. I do want to be good for dungeon runs too but I want to be good at PvE as well. Can this even happen? LOL. I did some research and I saw that once you've gone scout, it's mostly a road going to rogue, so I wanna go fletcher but looks like I've messed this up enough to end up as a rogue. :wah:

I need a second opinion since my friends don't know either since they've never built archers.
Current class path:
archer>ranger>ranger>scout
Here are my stats for reference:
STR 49
CON 37
INT 6
SPR 45
DEX 111

Help me please!
Lalakoboldslayer
Beginner

Re: archer>ranger>ranger>scout>fletcher or rogue?

Post by Lalakoboldslayer » May 16th, 2016, 2:27 am

If I were you, I would go Archer C1+RangerC3+Scout C1+Rogue C1+Musketeer.

You'll get the Sneak Hit+Feint+Barrage combo for PVE and Camouflage+Snipe for PVP.

But that's just my opinion. Of course you'll not be as effective on PVE as other archer branches, but it's a way to save your char.
SwitchArrow
Newcomer

Post by SwitchArrow » May 16th, 2016, 3:31 am

Lalakoboldslayer wrote:If I were you, I would go Archer C1+RangerC3+Scout C1+Rogue C1+Musketeer.

You'll get the Sneak Hit+Feint+Barrage combo for PVE and Camouflage+Snipe for PVP.

But that's just my opinion. Of course you'll not be as effective on PVE as other archer branches, but it's a way to save your char.
I was thinking of that too but I saw this build and it got me thinking: http://www.tosbase.com/tools/skill-simu ... 94fqsmn0l/

What do you think? :?:
Sohl
Newcomer
Favorite Class: Schwarzer Reiter
Server: Klaipeda
Team Name: MidKnightGaming

Post by Sohl » May 16th, 2016, 9:04 am

Actually, I think the only thing you might've messed up on is where you threw your stat points, but that could just be me. I went full glass-cannon with no points put into anything but STR and DEX and went with this build: http://www.tosbase.com/tools/skill-simu ... 4u9g8fgv4/

It might work for you or it might not. I like it with the versatility it gives me with weapon switching, but some people say it's a lot to keep up with. :D :D
SwitchArrow
Newcomer

Post by SwitchArrow » May 17th, 2016, 4:00 am

It's really difficult for me without SPR since magic really hurts and well I always run out of SP, which prompts me to use more pots hence money, so I put some into it. I put some CON out of desperation of being paper thin that I keep dying in dungeons. I still have a stat reset potion anyway if things don't turn out pretty well in the long run.
Nolza
Apprentice

Post by Nolza » May 19th, 2016, 12:32 pm

Hello.

Don't worry about the pots - you as an archer can make enough money over it and there are alchemists who would trade dilgele and uosis for HP and SP pots that are really good. An archer is never poor as a quote from a friend to me (unless you spend it all).

I would throw in my opinion for you to continue on to Scout3 because of their legendary double flare and split arrow, you wouldn't be able to outmatch a Fletcher in bossing outright, but you would be able to PVP and do PVE adequately plus, archers do envy split arrow (like I envy too). Alternatively, you can go Rogue 1 to combo with Ranger's Barrage because of the Feint+Barrage which would give a lot of DPS from 5 hits become 10 hits. That leaves you 1 rank open to pick a supplementary class - like as posters here have suggested a Falconer to be useful in dungeon parties because Circling is great and the last rank 7 to take cannoneer or musketeer since they synergize with Falconer's circling.

Or you could go A2 for the 25% crit buff then Rogue1 for the sneak hit, but that sounds boring doesn't it? :)

For stats I advocate High STR or High DEX with little CON and tiny or no SPR.
SwitchArrow
Newcomer

Post by SwitchArrow » May 20th, 2016, 1:09 am

I have opted for rogue C1 and so far it's pretty good. My critical rate is so high, every arrow gets a critical. :no1: I am just freaked as to where to put my skill points to. Some guides say to put 5 in capture and 5 on feint while some say, I should put some in Vendetta instead. :hmm: