help me about my ranger

mprisezz
Newcomer

help me about my ranger

Post by mprisezz » April 2nd, 2016, 10:54 am

Hi guys! Iam very dizzy with my ranger.

I make build : Archer 1 > ranger 1 > ranger 2

I'm level 68 : My stats: Str73,Con16,int5,spr12 and Dex 34
My skills: Swift Step5, Multishot 5, Full draw 4, Obique Shot 4, Barrage 10, Steady aim 10

questions: My Stats (str 73, dex 34) it's good ? or should be improved

thanks very much
Areks
Newcomer

Re: help me about my ranger

Post by Areks » April 3rd, 2016, 1:52 pm

If I'm correct you should put a lot more into DEX. The damage you get later on from the crit beats the pure dmg gain from STR.
Bagzer
Newcomer

Post by Bagzer » April 4th, 2016, 6:39 pm

Actually i'm a Ranger lv 51, and i'm adding 2 dex 1 str i'm near 60 dex, 30 str without spending any point in spr or con...remember you are an archer, you have to keep moving, there's no reason to get hp in this low levels, and spr...c'mon you can always use pots.... i think my build it's working pretty good, since i have a good damage, crit rate and dodge.
mprisezz
Newcomer

Post by mprisezz » April 5th, 2016, 6:03 pm

i very dizzy between str more than dex or dex more than str
DiabloMonkey
Newcomer
Timezone: GMT +8

Post by DiabloMonkey » April 7th, 2016, 10:56 pm

You havev quite a lot of STR, which is not bad by itself but as far as I have initially observe (I have yet to deal with numbers on this game), STR is more like an early-game investment. Noticing how powerful it is with Archers at early levels (40 below,) but levels going up, Dexterity becomes more a life-line for DPS, Survivality (with Evasion) and most specially with those beautiful critical damages.

Plus, Dexterity scales well with weapons and skills.

Just my two cents, you might want to start investing on Dexterity at this point. It's just my suggestion. Hopefully it helps. :ho:

For those who are strong enough to QUIT!

-The Sleeping Dragons
ElinHime
Newcomer
Favorite Class: Ranger

Post by ElinHime » April 12th, 2016, 7:33 am

Other ppl have done some really impressive math on this and STR is good for low lvl, but DEX is king when you get to higher lvls.

I would start to invest in DEX as soon as possible and not put more into STR untill you are about 3 DEX for every 1 STR.
DiabloMonkey
Newcomer
Timezone: GMT +8

Post by DiabloMonkey » April 12th, 2016, 8:33 am

ElinHime wrote:Other ppl have done some really impressive math on this and STR is good for low lvl, but DEX is king when you get to higher lvls.

I would start to invest in DEX as soon as possible and not put more into STR untill you are about 3 DEX for every 1 STR.
Really? That's really good news! What forum are you refering to? I want to check that forum as wel, maybe they have some DPS spreadsheets over there.

For those who are strong enough to QUIT!

-The Sleeping Dragons
Gaius Baltar
Newcomer
Server: Klaipeda
Team Name: Andromedon

Post by Gaius Baltar » April 20th, 2016, 9:26 pm

A lot of the STR vs. DEX math was done a while ago, during CBT. Honestly, it's not that big of a deal anymore. It's not worth stressing about. Your character will be perfectly viable with either lots of DEX, lots of STR, or a mix of both. Just stay away from putting points into stats that won't benefit you. I would honestly stay away from SPR, unless you're gonna try to go for one of those SPR heavy skill-spammy builds.

I'm going 2:1, STR/DEX.