ToS on Playstation 4 / PS Vita?

Ask your Questions for the Developer Team you want us to forward to them.
Maou
Newcomer

ToS on Playstation 4 / PS Vita?

Post by Maou » October 24th, 2014, 7:48 pm

What are your thoughts on this?
:?:

Controlling with the key pad would transfer well to the D-Pad of the Dual Shock controller or the PS Vita :!: , and ToS beautiful visuals :awsm: would also be fully realized on either system. :hmm:

development resources :ag: , servers, :an: and communication (no keyboard) :an: are all understandable issues, but I can't help but think that this would be an amazing console game. :ok:

Thank you ToS team and good luck :thx:
-cya
rhythxsmicxz
Newcomer

Re: ToS on Playstation 4 / PS Vita?

Post by rhythxsmicxz » October 24th, 2014, 9:40 pm

well i think it would be possible though they might need knowledge on converting the game engine for it to be compatible with other consoles which could results incompatibility with how it sends data to the server. so if they're going to make it available in consoles they should have their independent servers. but since they're still in the development stage, if they decided to do it, they would have more profit but it would take time for them to release it to other consoles and for sure it would become similar to D3.
Zoran
Apprentice
Timezone: PST
Favorite Class: Plague Doctor

Post by Zoran » October 25th, 2014, 9:15 pm

I'd rather they spend their time and resources making the pc version smooth & bug free before bringing it to other platforms
Gardosen
Site Admin
Favorite Class: Doppelsöldner

Post by Gardosen » October 25th, 2014, 9:36 pm

i would appreciate it if the game would be released on ps4.
but actually i think this game will be pc only.

i would already be happy if the cbt will start soon :)

Greetings
Gardosen
My Dragoon Passive OneHanded Spear Dagger Build -> http://www.tosbase.com/tools/skill-simu ... aztoyx6nj/
Icystare
Wiki Manager
Timezone: GMT -5
Favorite Class: Pardoner

Post by Icystare » October 26th, 2014, 12:22 pm

Maou wrote:What are your thoughts on this?
:?:

Controlling with the key pad would transfer well to the D-Pad of the Dual Shock controller or the PS Vita :!: , and ToS beautiful visuals :awsm: would also be fully realized on either system. :hmm:

development resources :ag: , servers, :an: and communication (no keyboard) :an: are all understandable issues, but I can't help but think that this would be an amazing console game. :ok:

Thank you ToS team and good luck :thx:
-cya
Honestly I don't see them ever porting over to any console system. Issues with cross-server compatibility, reworking the netcode, lack of market/audiences towards the ports and allocating man power to development of TOS on other platforms. You would require less people to add controller support to TOS then it is to port an entire game over to a console. Although I agree TOS would make a good console game.
Maou
Newcomer

Post by Maou » October 30th, 2014, 4:30 pm

rhythxsmicxz wrote:well i think it would be possible though they might need knowledge on converting the game engine for it to be compatible with other consoles which could results incompatibility with how it sends data to the server. so if they're going to make it available in consoles they should have their independent servers. but since they're still in the development stage, if they decided to do it, they would have more profit but it would take time for them to release it to other consoles and for sure it would become similar to D3.
similar to D3? NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO :oops:
Maou
Newcomer

Post by Maou » October 30th, 2014, 4:34 pm

Gardosen wrote:i would appreciate it if the game would be released on ps4.
but actually i think this game will be pc only.

i would already be happy if the cbt will start soon :)
Greetings
Gardosen
Yes and yes. Maybe it's silly to ask such things before even playing the CBT :heh:
I also assume it will be PC only. I love playing games on my PC, because it's so much easier to communicate with the keyboard :ho: . I do prefer my handheld for portability and because playing with the mouse can get bothersome. :ag: Hopefully game pad support will be strong! thanks for your reply
Zoran wrote:I'd rather they spend their time and resources making the pc version smooth & bug free before bringing it to other platforms
I agree completely with this post. :thx: