Some questions I just thought of

Ask your Questions for the Developer Team you want us to forward to them.
Goldmind
Apprentice
Timezone: UTC+30

Some questions I just thought of

Post by Goldmind » August 15th, 2014, 3:15 am

I'll list some off the top of my head:
  • How many elements are there in total?
  • What kinds of statuses are there? (ex paralyze, frozen, burned, etc etc)
  • What kinds of penalties are there when a player dies in the fields/dungeons?
  • How many types of guns are there for the Gunslinger-class, if it exists?
  • How do you intend to differentiate your 'fetch quests' and make it not boring for the player?
  • How many ranking systems will there be? And, do the top 10 players of any rank gain bonuses? (In RO for example, top 10 ranked smiths have bonus damage upon their own weapon creations or top 10 ranked alchemists have bonus healing upon their own creations.)
  • Please go into more into detail about the 3 cities/towns? Why just 3 cities/towns to start?
  • Is there any capturing system in ToS?
  • Will there be any lore on the Bosses in ToS for the players to find if they want to know more about them? Some of the bosses are visually unique, so some people would like to know more about their background.
  • Are there any 'god weapons'? Extremely powerful weapons created by the Goddesses which players can use. (In RO, these were called 'SQI', or Super Quest Items.)
I wrote them out as I was thinking. Maybe they could be worded better, so please feel free to post your thoughts of changes you think needs editing.
Last edited by Goldmind on August 15th, 2014, 7:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Laima
Apprentice
Timezone: UTC+8

Re: Some questions I just thought of

Post by Laima » August 15th, 2014, 7:38 am

1. What are all the elements in the game and how do they differ from each other? Do elements affect damage or is there something more to them? Is it possible to change the elements of weapons and armor?

2. (You should think about why you want to know more about statuses. Right now, you could look at another game and expect around half of its debuffs to exist in TOS. It was also mentioned in Q&A #5 that the game has a lot of debuffs, but they'd rather present other stuff like class vids.)

3. (Nothing to be changed, but it might not be informative since the answer could be just "You lose X% exp and return to town.")

4. Which class does it come from? Please give a gameplay preview. / Can other classes use guns? / If it doesn't exist, do you plan on adding it in the future?

5. How would you describe the quests in the game? What is interesting about them? Are they challenging, or do they mostly consist of the typical hunting/gathering/delivery quests? Do they have good stories to keep the players hooked?

6. (I think this can be sufficiently answered already. Examples can be found here, but of course those might not be all of them. Now I'm not sure about the rewards of being ranked, but I won't be surprised if it's like in RO. Having high enough scores (regardless of rank) will also let you access special content in the game, such as hidden class advancements.)

7. (Tell me about what kind of answer you're expecting. "Why X major cities?" doesn't seem useful to me whether X=3 or otherwise. Also, those are just major cities. There could be minor cities, and players might even set up small camps on the warp statues of popular zones.)

8. (If I understand correctly, this is about companions so...) How are companions obtained? Do we have to capture or tame them? If so, can we catch most monsters? What items do we need?

9. (Good.)

0. (Also good, but it would be nicer to have a general question about unique items as backup.)
Desperate for 1 key.
Flash
Site Admin
Favorite Class: Cleric
Server: [EU] Fedimian

Post by Flash » August 15th, 2014, 2:23 pm

I'll list some off the top of my head:

1 How many elements are there in total?
2 What kinds of statuses are there? (ex paralyze, frozen, burned, etc etc)
4 How many types of guns are there for the Gunslinger-class, if it exists?
5 How do you intend to differentiate your 'fetch quests' and make it not boring for the player?
7 Please go into more into detail about the 3 cities/towns? Why just 3 cities/towns to start?
8 Is there any capturing system in ToS?

I wrote them out as I was thinking. Maybe they could be worded better, so please feel free to post your thoughts of changes you think needs editing.

My opinions baout the quests: (not mentioned questions are fine for me)

1) I'd rather ask for the elements directly like "We've seen a screenshot with the elements ... are there any other elements like ...?"
2) Not sure if this will help too much. I don't think we will have to special status effect and probably too many to answer it in one of thpse questions.
4) I think it makes more sense to aks it the other way: "Is there a gunslinger class and if yes what guns will he be able to equip"
5) I don't really understand what you are asking there so maybe it should be rephrased because it could be the same for the devs.
7) I'm not sure if the 2nd question is really usefull. Won't tell us anything new about the game and reads more like a complaint. I'd rather be more specific about the information like "Will classes have their own starting town"
8) Are you talking about screen capturing or monster capturing?
Note: I'm really sorry but I accidently edited the original post :sob: ... I'm trying to restore everything as it was... Sorry :sob:
Goldmind
Apprentice

Post by Goldmind » August 15th, 2014, 7:00 pm

That's okay, I saved my post just in case. I have restored my original post.

I like some of your revised questions, Laima, especially your changes on question #5. I feel that fetch Quests should never be a scenario that just involves a helpless NPC asking the player to gather X, Y, Z items and then bringing it back. Too bland, too cut and dry. Fetch quests needs substance for the player to feel engaged in a fetch quest. This was my question to the developer.

For question #8, I was referring to companion capturing. Sorry, I wanted to get my post out before heading to bed.
Last edited by Goldmind on August 15th, 2014, 7:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Flash
Site Admin
Favorite Class: Cleric
Server: [EU] Fedimian

Post by Flash » August 15th, 2014, 7:03 pm

Ah that's good. I think i should change the color of the edit button to red so I won't mistake it for the quote button again :swt:
Goldmind
Apprentice

Post by Goldmind » August 17th, 2014, 6:11 am

Out of the 10 questions I posted, I really only care about #4, #9, #5 in that order.

What matters to me are the lore and the quests that players undergo. Are these fetch quests fun? The important thing about fetch quests is that they aren't skin and bones and actually have substance.

The lore in ToS seems to be really interesting. It would be a shame if we didn't know anything about these bosses and why they look the way they do. So, I'm hoping we can ask the devs if there's any way to know more about the background/lore of these bosses.

Also, #4 because the devs mentioned Ninja class but nothing about guns or Gunslinger-type classes which I am anxious to know about!
Laima
Apprentice
Timezone: UTC+8

Post by Laima » August 17th, 2014, 6:28 am

Honestly, I think it'd be best if we figured out the lore by ourselves. Otherwise it'd be like writing a book but publishing the synopsis. We already got the hint that it's Lithuania-inspired. But if the question needs to be asked, then I would agree that yours is sufficient.

Ninja and gunslinger were added long after Kim Hakkyu left Gravity, so I doubt it was part of his original plans. We also have to consider that RO is literally the only game that pairs ninja and gunslinger like they were soulmates. What I'm trying to say is, whether or not a gunner exists in TOS should be completely unaffected by the presence of Shinobi.
Desperate for 1 key.