Recommended Anime-Manga List or Currently Watching-Reading

Erokhi
Apprentice
Guild: Crimson Knights
Timezone: GMT+7

Recommended Anime-Manga List or Currently Watching-Reading

Post by Erokhi » February 4th, 2015, 11:19 am

Hello fellow anime-manga lovers !
This thread's purpose is to share each other list for recommended anime-mangas and which anime-manga you're following currently. So, here's mine.

For action-fantasy-adventure lovers :
- Nejimaki Seirei Senki - Tenkyou no Alderamin
- Kuang Shen
- Nanatsu no Taizai
- Shiro no Koukoku Monogatari
- Tsuyokute New Saga
- World Customize Creator
- Dungeon ni Deai o Motomeru no wa Machigatte Iru Darou ka
- One Piece
- Fairy Tail

For SAO & LH lovers :
- Zhan Long
- Tate no Yuusha no Nariagari
- Overlord
- The New Gate
- Online - The Comic

For romance-drama-school life lovers :
- Kimi no Iru Machi
- Fuuka
- Suzuka
- Nisekoi
- Koi to Uso

For gore-sadistic-psychological :
- Gantz
- Darwin's Game
- Fukushuu Kyoushitsu
- Akame ga Kill
- Btooom!
- Akuma no Riddle
- Shingeki no Kyojin

For action-modern-punk-badass style (hell yeah) :
- The Breaker New Waves
- Gangsta
- Sun Ken Rock

For those who are looking for "something new" :
- Shokugeki no Souma

Those are anime-manga that I've been following, some of them (Gantz & Suzuka) are completed though.
Btw I'm not a fan of Yaoi-Yuri things, so there won't be any list for those. lol
But if u want to share those genres, just share, it's not a problem.

Bitrip
Apprentice
Favorite Class: Squire

Re: Recommended Anime-Manga List or Currently Watching-Readi

Post by Bitrip » March 9th, 2015, 7:07 pm

Here's a list and short description of what I'm currently watching (they can all be found on crunchyroll):

Fairy Tail - a fun, light-hearted show about magic and guilds with lovable characters that will grow on you.

Cross Ange: Rondo of Angel and Dragon - At first glance it seems like a reverse/same-sex harem but it's really a mech action show with great music (main character is a badass, just give her a chance!)

Parasyte -the maxim- I was really grossed out after watching the first episode, but this show is deep! It's what I would call a "surprise" action show. It's intense! It might even pull on your heart strings a bit.

When Supernatural Battles Became Commonplace - This is a show about a few good-natured junior high students who accidentally inherit super powers! Note: Not really an action show, it's more about the characters and their development. You'll LOVE the main character.

World Break: Aria of Curse for a Holy Swordsman - Hard to describe this one, it's your typical fantasy action show, with fan-service, and a pretty standard plot. Regardless, it's still really good. A must-watch for action fans.

Magic Kaito 1412 - A show about a Phantom Thief (a magician who announces what he will steal in advance). A must-watch for people who enjoy magic tricks.

Jojo's Bizarre Adventure - An over-the-top show about a young man's quest to avenge a tragic family death. It's VERY stylish...and if you're big into music, you'll appreciate the songs in the end credits.
Now, which one of you will adorn me today?

avantius
Apprentice
Favorite Class: Centurion

Post by avantius » March 10th, 2015, 6:09 am

Log Horizon, yeh? Log Horizon. :ok:

Star.E.Knight
Apprentice
Guild: Dream Revolution
Timezone: GMT -7
Favorite Class: Shepherd

Post by Star.E.Knight » April 30th, 2015, 2:41 am

Right now i'm watching Aoi Sekai no Chūshin de

Kinda ran into it randomly. It's is an odd take on Sega Vs. Nintendo But its pretty cool :) It makes me sad that the character that represent Link is kinda twisted. Not to mention the character that represents Tetris is very dirty minded.

I'll also have to agree that Log Horizon is a very good anime too :)
Never argue with a Noob.... They only bring you down to their level and beat you with their experience.

Delisle
Beginner
Timezone: UTC-5

Post by Delisle » April 30th, 2015, 5:23 am

Currently watching:
Gintama,
PUNCH LINE,
Is it Wrong to Try to Pick Up Girls in a Dungeon,
Fate/stay night: Unlimited Blade Works,
Ace of Diamond.

Noctureon
Apprentice
Guild: Root
Timezone: GMT +10

Post by Noctureon » July 27th, 2015, 10:26 pm

I mostly follow and download what's currently on season. It's exciting since there aren't any spoilers online and there's always stuff to talk about with like-minded people. If I'm in the mood to watch an older anime, I tend to just stream it.

Here's my current watch list:

UsaraDark
Newcomer

Post by UsaraDark » July 28th, 2015, 8:16 pm

Here's my list: http://myanimelist.net/animelist/UsaraD ... =0&order=4

I usually watch anime for their story and what they have to offer. Any anime that's somewhat good I will watch, but when there a story that doesn't explain itself it cringe.

Gakkou Gurashi is what I'm currently watching right now and I plan to add more in the future. Right now I'm just trying to finish what I sarted.
Loli Master Race ( ・ㅂ・)و ̑̑

Noctureon
Apprentice

Post by Noctureon » July 28th, 2015, 9:59 pm

UsaraDark wrote:Here's my list: http://myanimelist.net/animelist/UsaraD ... =0&order=4

I usually watch anime for their story and what they have to offer. Any anime that's somewhat good I will watch, but when there a story that doesn't explain itself it cringe.

Gakkou Gurashi is what I'm currently watching right now and I plan to add more in the future. Right now I'm just trying to finish what I sarted.
You gave Haruhi a 6! hahaha... May I know why? I'm part of the fanatic fanbase that foam in the mouth and would lick Haruhisama's shoes if she wanted.

Courtis
Donator
Guild: Majestic

Post by Courtis » July 29th, 2015, 2:43 pm

Since it has not been mentioned, I'd like to toss another one into the ring:

Higurashi no naku koro ni - very dark an confusing at first. If you can make it to the second season it all makes sense - and gets even darker :D

UsaraDark
Newcomer

Post by UsaraDark » July 29th, 2015, 6:56 pm

Noctureon wrote: You gave Haruhi a 6! hahaha... May I know why? I'm part of the fanatic fanbase that foam in the mouth and would lick Haruhisama's shoes if she wanted.
I was still finishing the series. I haven't really update the score on the go as I usually update the score at the very end and sometimes in the middle.

It was a rough ride for the series early on, but the storyteling technique with Kyon narrating was just amazing. Any moment that was not interesting was filled up with his voice and his way of thinking, which lets us relate to the main character, which is amazing. I can't recall if any other animes have done this, but this is gold.

Story wise, it sets itself up really good for many reveals, but it's one of those animes that doesn't really get anywhere and instead has several scenarios where the main characters deal with. What does get somewhere is the relationships between the characters and the viewer. Towards the end when they were making their Mikuru film, that was when I realized I really love the characters that the anime has built up on.

Noctureon
Apprentice

Post by Noctureon » July 30th, 2015, 12:07 am

UsaraDark wrote:
Noctureon wrote: You gave Haruhi a 6! hahaha... May I know why? I'm part of the fanatic fanbase that foam in the mouth and would lick Haruhisama's shoes if she wanted.
I was still finishing the series. I haven't really update the score on the go as I usually update the score at the very end and sometimes in the middle.

It was a rough ride for the series early on, but the storyteling technique with Kyon narrating was just amazing. Any moment that was not interesting was filled up with his voice and his way of thinking, which lets us relate to the main character, which is amazing. I can't recall if any other animes have done this, but this is gold.

Story wise, it sets itself up really good for many reveals, but it's one of those animes that doesn't really get anywhere and instead has several scenarios where the main characters deal with. What does get somewhere is the relationships between the characters and the viewer. Towards the end when they were making their Mikuru film, that was when I realized I really love the characters that the anime has built up on.
Yes, you get really attached to them! That is what's so amazing about this series. You start caring about each member of the SOS Brigade.

Are you watching it in chronological order or broadcast order? It's gonna have a different vibe and ending for both orders. Broadcast order makes it a little wonky for binge watching, it's better to watch it once a day or once a week, but the story ends perfectly and your brain kinda figured out by itself which episodes are connected with each other. Chronological order has a weaker ending, imho.

UsaraDark
Newcomer

Post by UsaraDark » July 30th, 2015, 2:02 am

Noctureon wrote: Yes, you get really attached to them! That is what's so amazing about this series. You start caring about each member of the SOS Brigade.

Are you watching it in chronological order or broadcast order? It's gonna have a different vibe and ending for both orders. Broadcast order makes it a little wonky for binge watching, it's better to watch it once a day or once a week, but the story ends perfectly and your brain kinda figured out by itself which episodes are connected with each other. Chronological order has a weaker ending, imho.
I'm not sure, but the timeline loophole was around episodes 15 or so.

Noctureon
Apprentice

Post by Noctureon » July 30th, 2015, 3:17 am

UsaraDark wrote:
Noctureon wrote: Yes, you get really attached to them! That is what's so amazing about this series. You start caring about each member of the SOS Brigade.

I'm not sure, but the timeline loophole was around episodes 15 or so.
The broadcast order ends with
the really messed up episode where Haruhi tries to destroy the world and the day is saved by Kyon taking Haruhi by the shoulder and kisses her hard.

UsaraDark
Newcomer

Post by UsaraDark » July 30th, 2015, 7:10 pm

Noctureon wrote: The broadcast order ends with
the really messed up episode where Haruhi tries to destroy the world and the day is saved by Kyon taking Haruhi by the shoulder and kisses her hard.
Chronological them.

Minttu
Newcomer
Guild: Tassu
Timezone: GMT +3

Post by Minttu » August 2nd, 2015, 8:00 pm

ayy anime thread :'D

I'm currently watching
Akagami no Shirayuki hime, i'm reading the manga also and now that the anime started airing i'm really having big hopes for it
Dungeon ni Deai wo Motomeru no wa Machigatteiru Darou ka, i'm not even sure if i'll ever finish this, lol. At first it was sort of interesting but it's becoming quite cliche
Kyoukai no Rinne, Airing
Ranma ½, so nostalgic <3
Tsuritama, i just picked this up randomly a week ago and so far it's been interesting XD

I have around 90 ongoing manga series...
i keep randomly picking up interesting ones and reading them and noticing that they've been dropped years ago D:

As for recommendations,
anime:
Ghost Hunt, omg this is probably my all time favorite series. the characters are awesome and it's really interesting. supernatural/mystery/horror-ish
Chrno Crusade, even though it's not quite as good as the manga it gives a few good feels. adventure/shounen/comedy
Hakuouki-series, so many historical samurai feels T___T. adventure/Tragedy with a capital T/

manga:
Akatsuki no Yona, a really great manga that got an anime adaptation earlier this year i think. adventure/romance/comedy/shoujo/historical
Samurai Deeper Kyo, old but gold. My all time favorite. It's quite long, 300 chapters, but it never got boring. adventure/shounen/comedy/historical
Shi ga Futari wo Wakatsu Made, a blind swordsman slicing bullets in half, pretty awesome. Shounen/adventure/scifi
Groove Adventure Rave, earlier series from the creator of fairy tail. My own favorite basic nakama-power shounen series. nakama-power/adventure/fantasy/shounen

my complete anime & manga lists
http://myanimelist.net/animelist/Mintyrawr
http://myanimelist.net/mangalist/Mintyrawr

Ballo
Newcomer

Post by Ballo » August 3rd, 2015, 5:54 pm

An anime I overlooked for a while was Barakamon. I didn't think it looked interesting at first glance, but I noticed it popping up in more people's "top lists" so I decided to finally check it out. It only took me a day to finish, was hooked on it. If you want an original slice of life, I'd give it a try.

PrincessKurumi
Donator
Timezone: GMT/UTC+8 Singapore
Favorite Class: Alchemist

Post by PrincessKurumi » August 3rd, 2015, 6:21 pm

Having watched most of the things everyone has posted, I do have a gem I wish to share.
I'm sure many people here have already watched this but...

It has a Light Novel and Anime Series: Yahari Ore no Seishun Love Comedy wa Machigatteiru.

Also known as Oregairu & My Teen Romantic Comedy SNAFU

I can't write a decent summary without making it look bad but what is so nice about it is that most of the feelings, emotions and etc aren't said with words but with facial expressions, reactions and the notorious ( mostly funny ) inner monologue of the pessimistic Main Character. Events can be interpreted in many ways, and there's always a lot of discussion on it after each volume or episode comes out.

He helps with other people's problems with methods 'destroys' himself resulting in social suicide, with the reasoning that his methods don't hurt anyone else because he doesn't matter to anyone. So, it is perfectly fine but little does he know that he has many people that support and really treasure him too. I won't continue as I may spoil more things

Cheers!

Edit :
Courtis wrote:Since it has not been mentioned, I'd like to toss another one into the ring:

Higurashi no naku koro ni - very dark an confusing at first. If you can make it to the second season it all makes sense - and gets even darker :D
Love this series, you have to start from the first season. Full of Yanderes :ok:

avantius
Apprentice
Favorite Class: Centurion

Post by avantius » August 4th, 2015, 1:59 pm

PrincessKurumi wrote:Having watched most of the things everyone has posted, I do have a gem I wish to share.
I'm sure many people here have already watched this but...

It has a Light Novel and Anime Series: Yahari Ore no Seishun Love Comedy wa Machigatteiru.

Also known as Oregairu & My Teen Romantic Comedy SNAFU

I can't write a decent summary without making it look bad but what is so nice about it is that most of the feelings, emotions and etc aren't said with words but with facial expressions, reactions and the notorious ( mostly funny ) inner monologue of the pessimistic Main Character. Events can be interpreted in many ways, and there's always a lot of discussion on it after each volume or episode comes out.

He helps with other people's problems with methods 'destroys' himself resulting in social suicide, with the reasoning that his methods don't hurt anyone else because he doesn't matter to anyone. So, it is perfectly fine but little does he know that he has many people that support and really treasure him too. I won't continue as I may spoil more things

Cheers!

Edit :
Courtis wrote:Since it has not been mentioned, I'd like to toss another one into the ring:

Love this series, you have to start from the first season. Full of Yanderes :ok:
Ahahaha!, I also quite enjoyed SNAFU, It could be both quite hilarious and deep at times. xD
Social-suicide seems like quite the appropriate term there. xd
There was this episode where there was a young girl that had a similar mentality as the protagonist, pretty much anti-social, pessimistic, despairing over modern society, and they were kinda getting along just being their general selves and despairing, ahahah xD. I don't remember how it went exactly but later on he kinda alienated himself from her so she could make friends, while making her disdain him, that kinda made me sad. q.q
Higurashi.. a-a-AHHHH! THAT NAIL CLIPPING SCENE STILL STALKS ME O_O' :omg:
Yandere Loli's included in the package :D

PrincessKurumi
Donator
Timezone: GMT/UTC+8 Singapore
Favorite Class: Alchemist

Post by PrincessKurumi » August 5th, 2015, 4:06 am

avantius wrote:Ahahaha!, I also quite enjoyed SNAFU, It could be both quite hilarious and deep at times. xD
There was this episode where there was a young girl that had a similar mentality as the protagonist, pretty much anti-social, pessimistic, despairing over modern society, and they were kinda getting along just being their general selves and despairing, ahahah xD. I don't remember how it went exactly but later on he kinda alienated himself from her so she could make friends, while making her disdain him, that kinda made me sad. q.q
^ yep, that's Rumi :sob:

D: Why would you do that to your twin?! I still rmb the part where Rika's insides were pulled out on the shrine's table D: That's the worst for me
Haruhi was really good! Which also resulted in soooo many people cosplaying as Haruhi even in a country which has a really small community as mine.

Silk
Apprentice

Post by Silk » August 6th, 2015, 9:19 pm

PrincessKurumi wrote:
avantius wrote:Ahahaha!, I also quite enjoyed SNAFU, It could be both quite hilarious and deep at times. xD
^ yep, that's Rumi :sob:

D: Why would you do that to your twin?! I still rmb the part where Rika's insides were pulled out on the shrine's table D: That's the worst for me
Haruhi was really good! Which also resulted in soooo many people cosplaying as Haruhi even in a country which has a really small community as mine.
Haruhi was so much fun! I watched it a long time ago but it feels like it was my introduction, along with Lucky Star, to the slice of life comedy kind of genre. Even though it's very much a fantasy-- scifi-- Mystery-- Aliens, Time Travelers, and Espers kind of thing.

P.S. I started watching Nagi no Asakura and that anime is a moving picture! I mean it's got some serious huge eye syndrome which is something I'm totally into.

"More color, more frames in the eyes."
"Sir, our budget is already 20k over, were at 175% our eye budge--"
"I said MORE."
"Yes sir!"
-Nagi No Asakura board room, 2012

I feel a certain way about this kind of story though. I'm basically like "If I wanted to re-experience being terrible at girls like in high school, I'd just act like I did when I was in highschool! I don't need an anime for that!" I'm still chancing going further though, I'm only at episode 1 and it's already interesting.