New Tree of Savior Gallery

Flash
Site Admin
Favorite Class: Cleric
Server: [EU] Fedimian

New Tree of Savior Gallery

Post by Flash » October 4th, 2014, 4:22 am

I'm happy to announce that we just released our brand new Tree of Savior Gallery that will replace the old one. The new gallery has many new features and we will add many more in the future!

Upload
The new gallery will allow every forum member to upload images. You will be able to to change the name, add a description and select a category for the image. You will also be able to add some of your images to group. All uploaded images and groups will be available at your new Gallery Profile. You will be able to delete your images if you changed your mind or uploaded a wrong image!

Category Filter
All images that are added to a category can be filtered by selecting the category in the gallery overview. At this moment we have the categories: Fanart, Official Artwork, Screenshots, Translations. Example: Official Artwork

Groups
Groups will allow you to further organize you uploads for yourself and others. Your groups will be shown on your profile page. You will be able to add and remove images anytime. Example: Goddesses

Image View
There are different ways to view an image. If you click on an image in the overview you will see a bigger version of the image and will be able to click through all images on that page just like before. However we added a new image page so you can link to it directly. Example: Laima and Giltinė
This image view will allow others to add comments to you uploaded images. You will also be able to direct link to your image. All images have a small version (thumbnail) and it's original version:
Thumb: http://img.tosbase.com/thumb/dz4z6jlsis.jpg
Original: http://img.tosbase.com/dz4z6jlsis.jpg

I hope you like this new version of the gallery and will use it. I think it's especially usefull for those of you who create Fanart but it's also supposed for users who want to their CBT screens (once we will be bale to make some :heh: ). I created this gallery because I saw that there are many ToS related images but they all get uploaded to different location or are hard to find (like those on imgur). I don't want to replace those host but I hope that people will start to upload their images to this gallery (too) so we will have a place where all ToS images can be easily found. If you think important features are missing or having trouble with some functions just tell me so I can improve it :).
Mr.Nova
Donator
Guild: Neptune's Bounty™
Timezone: EST (GMT+4)
Favorite Class: Templar

Re: New Tree of Savior Gallery

Post by Mr.Nova » October 4th, 2014, 6:36 am

Yay~ :no1:
TOSBase Chat!
Discord Channel - IRC Channel
Pyuons
Beginner
Guild: Wintails
Timezone: GMT-5

Post by Pyuons » October 4th, 2014, 12:22 pm

This seems like a great addition! I wish I was good at some form of art though... :sob:
Goldmind
Apprentice
Timezone: UTC+30

Post by Goldmind » October 7th, 2014, 7:17 am

This is a great feature!

Do you think you can make it so we can view in counts of 20, 50, 100? For convenience reasons. I prefer looking at images at 50 per page.
Flash
Site Admin

Post by Flash » October 7th, 2014, 2:55 pm

I'll try to add a feature like this.
Flash
Site Admin

Post by Flash » October 7th, 2014, 4:52 pm

New Features added:
- You can now search for images by name
- You can now decide how many images per page you want to see (20 / 40 / 60 / 80 / 100)
Iden
Apprentice

Post by Iden » October 7th, 2014, 6:53 pm

Nice! :no1:

I'd contribute but my oc is limited to a few (low quality) gifs, and they're not supported I guess?
Flash
Site Admin

Post by Flash » October 7th, 2014, 8:03 pm

You should be able to upload gifs. Currently supported file types are jpg/jpeg, png and gif.
Iden
Apprentice

Post by Iden » October 13th, 2014, 2:54 pm

What's the size limit? I tried to upload a gif sized 2.15MB and I get an error it's too big. I upped another that's 1.37MB, but it's kinda hard to make the filesize so small without making them low quality or really tiny, at least for me.
Flash
Site Admin

Post by Flash » October 13th, 2014, 3:58 pm

I didn't change the server configuration so the limit was still 2MB. I changed the limit to 5MB if you think it's still not enough I can increase it to 10MB.
Iden
Apprentice

Post by Iden » October 13th, 2014, 4:15 pm

thanks! I think 5 is plenty at least for now, I'll bother you again if I can't keep the sizes in control :heh: