Changes regarding Guild Pages on TOSBase

Flash
Site Admin
Favorite Class: Cleric
Server: [EU] Fedimian

Changes regarding Guild Pages on TOSBase

Post by Flash » April 17th, 2016, 11:22 pm

Hello everyone,

as most of you probably now our guild page feature has been a mess for some time. For those of you who don't know what I'm talking about check this link: http://www.tosbase.com/guilds/

Part of the reason why it's so messy is because we allowed the registration of guilds long before the game was available and without any confirmation. I still think it was the right decision because we wanted our community to be able to organize before the release however I think now is the time to do some changes in order to get this back on track.

1, important) From today on guilds will be classified as "planned" or "exisisting". Existing guilds are those which have actually been created ingame. The guild owner needs to prove the existence of the guild by sending me a screenshot via PM. (you can upload the screens to imgur.com or similar sites).

2) Right now both ('planned' and 'existing') guilds are shown on the overview page but soon when more people reached a higher lever and enough guilds have been created we will completely hide 'planned' guilds from the overview. You will still be able to send your firends a direct link and they will be able to join your guild but as long as it hasn't been created ingame it won't show up.

3) 'Planned' guilds that don't transition into 'existing' guild will be completely deleted after some time. This also depends on how many users joined the guild, if a proper description was already added and other factors. We won't be too strict on this but we don't need hundres on "one man guilds" in our database.

4) Right now guild names are unique so you won't be able to create a guild with a certain name if that name already exists. As we don't know yet if same server names will be possible between differen server (e.g. Klaipeda and Orhsa) and as we're not sure if you want support other regions we're currently discussing if we want to drop the unique name restriction (we already applied some first technical changes in case we want to drop it). In case you created a guild and the name was already taken on TOSBase by a planned guild the other guild we be renamed and you will be able to use that name.

If you have any questions or feedback let me know :)

WBDemonized
Newcomer

Re: Changes regarding Guild Pages on TOSBase

Post by WBDemonized » April 17th, 2016, 11:46 pm

Might I recommend that sometime in the future, give us options to change guild rankings through the edit members page!

Flash
Site Admin
Favorite Class: Cleric
Server: [EU] Fedimian

Post by Flash » April 18th, 2016, 1:43 am

WBDemonized wrote:Might I recommend that sometime in the future, give us options to change guild rankings through the edit members page!
We are definetly going to add more features like this in the future but first we want to make sure that it's actually used (or even useable) for players and guilds :)

Ps.Sick
Beginner
Timezone: GMT -3

Post by Ps.Sick » April 19th, 2016, 3:28 pm

You could add a "server" tab. that way any interested player on X server would be able to check what guilds exist on his/her server and apply to them.