Skill Simulator Update

Flash
Site Admin
Favorite Class: Cleric
Server: [EU] Fedimian

Skill Simulator Update

Post by Flash » June 29th, 2015, 3:55 am

We added a few improvemt to our Skill Simulator and we hope you like them. This updates is only focussing on how already created builds are displayed. Please keep in mind that we are already working on update that will improve the simulator itself.
You can now see a list of all skill builds you created. (Even those who have been created in the past if you werelogged in.) You can also see how often your build was clicked. (As this wasn't counted before all builds start with 0 views.)
If you click on edit you will be able to change the name, add/change the description and set this build as public.
If a description was added to the build it will now show up on the build page just like the creator and the creation date.
All builds that have been set to public will appear in the Public Builds list.
If you have additional ideas just let us know so we can check if we can implement them :)

Vektor
Apprentice
Favorite Class: Plague Doctor

Re: Skill Simulator Update

Post by Vektor » June 29th, 2015, 7:12 am

That's awesome!
Thanks for all the work you are putting into the tools for this website! :no1:

cheddargt
Newcomer

Post by cheddargt » June 29th, 2015, 12:31 pm

Hello!

First off, thank you so much for the great job you guys have been doing here, specially with the skill simulator. Everyone in the official forums uses it a lot and means a lot to us. Specially because you guys took the time during beta to record every single skill. Just one quick headsup towards skill tree behavior:
changes everything.png
Also, I think you are able to upgrade past ranks skills with current skill points in the actual game (like i'm a monk rank 2 and I want to rank up a cleric skill). That would be really good to be implemented in next updates.

Anyway, thank you all for the great job! :D

Gardosen
Site Admin
Favorite Class: Doppelsöldner

Post by Gardosen » June 29th, 2015, 12:43 pm

@cheddargt:
thanks for reporting this to us, we will check this as soon as possible :)
thanks that you all like the tools Flash has coded.

it means a lot to us that you like to use them, what all we want ^^.

Kind regards
Gardosen
My Dragoon Passive OneHanded Spear Dagger Build -> http://www.tosbase.com/tools/skill-simu ... aztoyx6nj/

Random
Newcomer

Post by Random » July 1st, 2015, 2:25 pm

the actual source :

https://www.reddit.com/r/treeofsavior/c ... interview/

translated from :

http://tos.nexon.com/community/free/vie ... leSN=14515
cheddargt wrote: Also, I think you are able to upgrade past ranks skills with current skill points in the actual game (like i'm a monk rank 2 and I want to rank up a cleric skill). That would be really good to be implemented in next updates.
I don't think it's possible to spend skill points you get in a class to another class, because they specify "to the next circle of the same class" in the Focused Group Inteview. Only different circles the same class.

Bistroxify
Donator
Guild: Crimson Knights

Post by Bistroxify » July 3rd, 2015, 2:56 am

First off, thank you for all that you've done so far.

I want to suggest being able to go back and editing your builds. I was working on one of mine that I wanted to show publicly, but I noticed I messed up on where I place some skill points. Ex. I placed 5 on one skill that I wanted on another. Although, I am unable to go back and make the switch.

Flash
Site Admin

Post by Flash » July 3rd, 2015, 3:25 am

Editing skill points is not possible because it could cause problem when users already bookmarked a skill build an it gets changed afterwards. However I have plans to add a feature that will allow you to create new builds based on existing ones so you could easily fix the problem without having to spend all skill points again :).

Aries
Apprentice

Post by Aries » July 3rd, 2015, 4:23 am

Hi guys,
Great tools so far. Is there any ETA yet on when the skill simulator will be updated to let you carry skill points over to later circles?

Keep up the good work!

Flash
Site Admin

Post by Flash » July 3rd, 2015, 4:40 am

Sorry I can't give an ETA on it. I completely rewrite the Skill Simulator so I have to recode everything to make it better overall. In it's current state the new version already carrys over skill points but the increasing / decreasing of skills is not completely done yet because I'm currently trying different approaches to get the best result. I'll probably release a beta version once it's quite useable so those who want to avoid the current bugs can do so and I get feedback about the usabiity as soon as possible but I can't give out any dates. I hope that a first beta version is ready within the next few days but I can't guarantee anything.

Flash
Site Admin

Post by Flash » July 5th, 2015, 5:10 am

I'd like to give a little update. This is how the current state of the new skill simulator looks like:
I used the new design that is already used for displaying already created builds. Skill Points are now shared for all circles of a class. I haven't completed the style yet so there are some missing paddings and stuff but I wanted to show show how it looks right now and get some feedback.
Maybe you noticed that I'm not displaying the "locked" so only the classes the user can pick are visible I changed this to save some space but I would like to know if you guys prefer to see them like in the current version.

Flash
Site Admin

Post by Flash » July 10th, 2015, 3:28 am

So I think the Skill Simulator is now stable enough to be tested by everyone who wants to. I'd like to know if everything works as you think it should. Every feedback is welcome.

However it's still not complete so there are some "known issues":
1. It's not possible to save. Saving will be added once all (major) issues get fixed.
2. It's not only possible to save skill points for later ranks but also to use skill points of later ranks for previous ranks. This doesn't affect the end build but might confuse people if 20 skill points are added for Rank1. This can also cause negative skill points in previous ranks and is one of the reasons saving is disabled for now. (First on my todo list)
3. Skill Tooltips only show level 1 description. (This is second on my todo list)
4. Skill Tooltips don't show all values / there are some korean parts. This is an ongoing process. I'll try to remove those as good as I can. Maybe some translator wants to help? ^^
5. Some Skill Icons are missing. (I'll check where those missing icons are ^^)

Link: Skill Simulator Beta

Aries
Apprentice

Post by Aries » July 10th, 2015, 3:40 am

I think the other skill calc let you max a skill if it was on zero and you right-clicked, I found that a little convenience but the beta doesn't seem to do it.

The saving skill points for later seems to work fine for me. hope it works like that in-game >.<

^_^

Flash
Site Admin

Post by Flash » July 10th, 2015, 3:47 am

Aries wrote:I think the other skill calc let you max a skill if it was on zero and you right-clicked, I found that a little convenience but the beta doesn't seem to do it.

The saving skill points for later seems to work fine for me. hope it works like that in-game >.<

^_^
I hope so too, but I guess it was confirmed in a post by imc so so I guess it should. I'll plan to rework the increase / descrease skill level a little but I'll add that on my todo list :)

Yukizeru
Newcomer

Post by Yukizeru » July 10th, 2015, 2:17 pm

:bzz: :bzz: Hi, there is a spammer of views in the public builds... it hav 419034 views and its imposible to have that in only 1 day :an: , please do something about it :sob: , its unfair to who had created a build and he is only spamming views to his build. :bzz: :bzz:

Flash
Site Admin

Post by Flash » July 10th, 2015, 4:58 pm

Yukizeru wrote::bzz: :bzz: Hi, there is a spammer of views in the public builds... it hav 419034 views and its imposible to have that in only 1 day :an: , please do something about it :sob: , its unfair to who had created a build and he is only spamming views to his build. :bzz: :bzz:
coutng views has beend disabled for the moment, views have been resetted to 0 for this build.

Yukizeru
Newcomer

Post by Yukizeru » July 10th, 2015, 5:09 pm

Flash wrote:
Yukizeru wrote::bzz: :bzz: Hi, there is a spammer of views in the public builds... it hav 419034 views and its imposible to have that in only 1 day :an: , please do something about it :sob: , its unfair to who had created a build and he is only spamming views to his build. :bzz: :bzz:
coutng views has beend disabled for the moment, views have been resetted to 0 for this build.
thank u flash! :kis: and... i have a question.. in the 2nd fletcher rank... there is no image of magic arrow and the other skill... surgeon or something like that.. ?

Flash
Site Admin

Post by Flash » July 10th, 2015, 5:47 pm

5. Some Skill Icons are missing. (I'll check where those missing icons are ^^)
It seems i failed to extract those images from the client but I'm not sure why. I'll try to figure it out and upload the missing images.

VileFox
Apprentice
Guild: Darkness Falls
Timezone: CST

Post by VileFox » July 15th, 2015, 4:11 am

Oh wow this is too helpful, thank you! :lv:

KeikoHeart
Newcomer
Guild: AoExp

Post by KeikoHeart » July 16th, 2015, 5:34 pm

I read often this topic.

Question : You use it for ratio ? or you translate all ?

Flash
Site Admin

Post by Flash » July 16th, 2015, 7:21 pm

KeikoHeart wrote:I read often this topic.

Question : You use it for ratio ? or you translate all ?
We use translations that were submitted to our Wiki