Tree of Savior Web Translator

Flash
Site Admin
Favorite Class: Cleric
Server: [EU] Fedimian

Tree of Savior Web Translator

Post by Flash » May 20th, 2015, 4:45 am

Recently we got contacted by quite a few people who wanted to help translating the Tree of Savior client but had no experience with GitHub. We thought about a way to make the translation process more accessible for new users and maybe more comfortable for old users and started working on a web based translation tool. We think our tool is ready to be used now so here it is :)
If you see notice some bugs please tell us so we can fix them. Right now only the Item and Etc files are available. More will be added once we now the tool is stable.

Here is a little summary of the tool:

If you want to translate something simply go to http://translator.tosbase.com (you'll need to log in). You will be able to open the translation files with our Web UI. The tool displays the korean and english text next to each other. On the right side there is a edit button for each line. You are also able to search for the korean and english text.
Once you clicked the edit button a new window will be opended with the line details. If there are already suggested changes for this line they will be displayed at the top. If there are no suggested translations or you think your translation is better you can edit the english textbox, add an optional comment and click the Add Suggestion button. Your suggested translation will now appear on the top of that page. The text on the overview will not change until one of the suggestions was approved by a moderator.
By the way if you need a little help you can click the "Google Translate" link and a new page will open with the korean -> english translator and the text already entered for you ;)
We will go through your suggestions and accept them. Afterwards we will add the edits that were done with our translation tool to the official GitHub repository via a pull request.

We hope this tool will allow everyone to help improving the translations and maybe it will even be handy for some more experienced translators. If you think we should add something else let us know so that we can improve the translation tool.
doplank
Newcomer

Re: Tree of Savior Web Translator

Post by doplank » May 20th, 2015, 9:01 am

Awesome work Flash. The UIWeb tool very similiar with POedit, just like I did with Aegisub a few years ago.
Anyway, did imcGames give you a tools that you requested?
Gismor
Newcomer
Guild: Tea Time

Post by Gismor » May 20th, 2015, 10:32 am

it is possible to see what has not yet been translated
Fayte
Beginner
Guild: Aistra
Timezone: EST
Favorite Class: Templar
Server: Klaipeda
Team Name: PGN

Post by Fayte » May 20th, 2015, 12:00 pm

When doing a google translate, you should see if you can make it go Korean -> Japanese -> English.

Otherwise, holy crap the amazing stuff that comes out of here. Thanks!
Gardosen
Site Admin
Favorite Class: Doppelsöldner

Post by Gardosen » May 20th, 2015, 12:34 pm

@doplank: "Anyway, did imcGames give you a tools that you requested?" what do you mean with this? ^^

@Gismor: we will check into the possiblity to add something like a filter option that only not translated stuff shows up for you.

@Fayte: we will check if we can automize the triple jump from Korean over Japanese to English, but i am not sure if we are able todo this.

Greetings
Gardosen
My Dragoon Passive OneHanded Spear Dagger Build -> http://www.tosbase.com/tools/skill-simu ... aztoyx6nj/
doplank
Newcomer

Post by doplank » May 20th, 2015, 2:08 pm

Gardosen wrote:@doplank: "Anyway, did imcGames give you a tools that you requested?" what do you mean with this? ^^
Oh, about that, I few days ago, I jump to irc and talking with other member and they mention about application especially for translator, they request the application for save time and improve productivity. Maybe I was mention a wrong person xD. I often go to irc channel, but mostly idling xD

Anyway, I have a plan to translate ToS into Bahasa Indonesia after English translation is completed.
Erokhi
Apprentice
Guild: Crimson Knights
Timezone: GMT+7

Post by Erokhi » May 20th, 2015, 3:11 pm

doplank wrote:Anyway, I have a plan to translate ToS into Bahasa Indonesia after English translation is completed.
Maybe I'll also help the translate too if I have free time. There are a lot of hyped Indonesian fans out there.
They need informations as quickly as possible.
Gardosen
Site Admin
Favorite Class: Doppelsöldner

Post by Gardosen » May 20th, 2015, 3:26 pm

@Erokhi: we are planing to improve the tool that you can select for which version you want to translate.

one of the ideas is to select Source Language which you wanna use for the base version, and destination language, so were you want to translate it to. :)

@doplank: that was maybe me, we are still working on this idea, but imcGames seems to have own plans in that, we will have to clear some things first out, to prevent redundant work.
My Dragoon Passive OneHanded Spear Dagger Build -> http://www.tosbase.com/tools/skill-simu ... aztoyx6nj/
dory
Beginner
Favorite Class: Cryomancer

Post by dory » May 22nd, 2015, 11:26 am

Just wanted to say thank you for this awesome tool. :kis: I've been wanting to edit some of the text on the GitHub but I had no idea how to use that site. x.x
Also, just curious, what is 'View History'? Do i need to take a look at its 'history' before I edit or is it just a tool for you guys? Thanks again!
Flash
Site Admin
Favorite Class: Cleric
Server: [EU] Fedimian

Post by Flash » May 22nd, 2015, 2:48 pm

No, you don't need to. If there is a discussion what term should be used it's easier to see what it was before it was changed ^^
doplank
Newcomer

Post by doplank » May 25th, 2015, 2:36 pm

Erokhi wrote:
doplank wrote:Anyway, I have a plan to translate ToS into Bahasa Indonesia after English translation is completed.
Maybe I'll also help the translate too if I have free time. There are a lot of hyped Indonesian fans out there.
They need informations as quickly as possible.
Sure. Oh, I glad someone want to help me. Anyway we should talk about this privately :D