English Item Database

Flash
Site Admin
Favorite Class: Cleric
Server: [EU] Fedimian

English Item Database

Post by Flash » May 15th, 2015, 11:52 pm

We just released our updated Item Database. It's based on the CBT2 and includes the current translations from the official GitHub project. Our main goal was to replace the korean names and descriptions but we also added some other features.
Most names and descriptions are in english now. If you see some mistakes feel free to join the translation project. ;)

We added a new equipment view that will give a better overview for equipment items. We adjust this view in the future to optimize it.

We also improved the tooltips. The stats should now be more similar to the client tooltips.
We hope you like this update. If you have suggestions let us know in the comments.
Auralee
Apprentice

Re: English Item Database

Post by Auralee » May 16th, 2015, 2:51 am

Great job Flash! :D. It's good to see how these things get translated one-by-one. xD

If you want, I'm willing to help on this by providing you with proper and correct English sentence construction on already translated paragraphs/sentences, like for example, on the item description of Wizard Slayer:

Old:
"Wizards often pays no attention to this weapon. However, seasoned wizards clearly will."

It should be:

New:
"Wizards often pay no attention to this weapon. However, seasoned Wizards clearly will."
Flash
Site Admin

Post by Flash » May 16th, 2015, 4:10 am

The translation is directly taken from the official GitHub so i'm not able to change it locally (well i coould but that would be pretty useless as this would be overwritten with the next update). I currently don't have a working fork of the translation so i can't add it right now. Maybe vega will add it to his next pull request. Otherwise if you want to change stuff in the official translation files yourself check: https://github.com/Treeofsavior/EnglishTranslation ;)
Gardosen
Site Admin
Favorite Class: Doppelsöldner

Post by Gardosen » May 16th, 2015, 10:38 am

@Auralee:

like Flash said, if you wanna contribute a better translation, you could directly help on the translation project :)
if you are not comfortable with github just pm me and i will explain you what todo.

otherwise just wait for our upcoming translation tool, as i am also planing a cloud colaborated system. where the tosbase community can work together on the translations and they will be sent in to the github. so everyone who do not know how git works, can just work with us and we will handle that part :)
My Dragoon Passive OneHanded Spear Dagger Build -> http://www.tosbase.com/tools/skill-simu ... aztoyx6nj/
vegax87
Apprentice
Timezone: GMT+1
Favorite Class: Wugushi

Post by vegax87 » May 16th, 2015, 4:19 pm

it's really cool :ok:
Yukizeru
Newcomer

Post by Yukizeru » May 16th, 2015, 7:00 pm

Hi! there are too many items.. :c can u put some category in that DB? Q_Q i want to see only the archer class equips :c please
Flash
Site Admin

Post by Flash » May 16th, 2015, 7:51 pm

I just added the categories.

Examples:
Crossbow, Pistol, Bow

We will keep adding more filters to the database to make searching for specific items easier.
Updater3000
Apprentice
Timezone: UTC +1
Favorite Class: Highlander
Team Name: Red-Dragoons

Post by Updater3000 » May 16th, 2015, 8:52 pm

ToS base I love you! Great work, I am really enjoying reading all the descriptions.
Star.E.Knight
Apprentice
Guild: Dream Revolution
Timezone: GMT -7
Favorite Class: Shepherd

Post by Star.E.Knight » May 17th, 2015, 12:22 am

:no1:
Never argue with a Noob.... They only bring you down to their level and beat you with their experience.
Yukizeru
Newcomer

Post by Yukizeru » May 17th, 2015, 12:29 am

:lv: :thx: WOW! thank you! u are awesome! *--* :thx: :lv:
scylfn
Newcomer

Post by scylfn » May 17th, 2015, 6:04 pm

As addition to Auralee's notion, I suggest to give the item description more "seasoning".
Maybe : It is a chipped sword -> A sword with fractured blade ( Yea, my english is not top-notch either )
But my point is, those flavor text could (or not) liven up the mood within the game. I kinda remember the day when pre-renewal RO items used to have unique description.
But still, this is optional and taking this to your list will increase your workload even more.
Safirna
Beginner
Guild: Neptune's Bounty™
Timezone: UTC+1

Post by Safirna » May 17th, 2015, 8:31 pm

Love the work you guys have putted into the DB so far, keep up the good work :ok: