Any Plans to Increase Character Limit in Guides?

Red Mage Joe
Beginner
Server: Klaipeda
Team Name: redmagejoe

Any Plans to Increase Character Limit in Guides?

Postby Red Mage Joe » April 21st, 2017, 9:43 am

So I never thought I'd actually reach that limit, but a bit of a panic a few minutes ago while editing my guide and some quick cache searching brought my attention to that very situation. Fortunately I was able to recover and save a copy of the guide's unparsed content in a TXT file, and I had to do some cropping to fit everything I could in my current guide, but...

Are there any plans to expand the guide system currently in place on the skill simulator? Very few people actually take full advantage of the tool to create fleshed-out, comprehensive guides, so I would imagine that there shouldn't be too much of a burden on existing services. There are hundreds of builds on this site, the vast majority of which are text-less skill builds, while a significant minority uses it to write elaborate and extensive guides. I think it would be a great boon to guide-writers if we had some more resources to work with.

Also just as a "fun fact," I decided to plug the unparsed content into a character counter and found that the cutoff point was at roughly 64585 characters. :meh:
Not sure if it's based on actual characters or an actual data limit taking images and hyperlinks into account.

Anyway, just thought I'd throw this out there, see if it gets any traction.
Flash
Site Admin

Re: Any Plans to Increase Character Limit in Guides?

Postby Flash » April 21st, 2017, 4:06 pm

Hmm that was a technical limitation. I never thought people would write so much text. I increased the value and doubt you will reach the new limit ;)
Red Mage Joe
Beginner
Server: Klaipeda
Team Name: redmagejoe

Re: Any Plans to Increase Character Limit in Guides?

Postby Red Mage Joe » April 21st, 2017, 7:05 pm

Thanks Flash, you're the best! :no1:

Return to “Feedback and Suggestions”