(Skill database) May we add the number of charges?

dergo
Newcomer

(Skill database) May we add the number of charges?

Post by dergo » December 14th, 2015, 12:01 am

Hello,
First thank you all for the database it helped a lot in a game where you can permanently fail a build by choosing the wrong class. But I believe one important element is missing. Many skills have several charges (can be used several times) before going on cooldown. And sometimes the number of charges is the difference between a good and a bad skill.
I suggest we add a "number of charges" column to the skill descriptions so it becomes easier to plan a build.

I didnt have time to try out many builds but I can put here what little I remember, sadly the CBT is now closed so it can only be done from memory.

Archer
swift step: 1
multishot: 2
full draw 2
oblique shot: 1
Heavy shot: 1
twin arrow: 3

Ranger
Barrage 2
high anchoring 2
critical shot 1
steady aim 1
time bomb arrow: ?
bounce shot 2
spiral arrow 2

Wizard:
energy bolt 3
lethargy: ?
Sleep: 1
reflect shield 1
earthquake 1
surespell: ?
magic missile: ?
quick cast ?

Pyromancer
fireball: 2
fire wall: 1
enchant fire 1
flare 2
flame ground 1
fire pillar 1
hell breath 1

Linker:
unbind 1
physical link 1
joint penalty 1
hangman's knot 1
spiritual chain ?
lifeline ?
HappyGoLarp
Newcomer
Timezone: UTC-5
Favorite Class: Ranger

Re: (Skill database) May we add the number of charges?

Post by HappyGoLarp » January 24th, 2016, 6:45 pm

Great information! This will be very useful when creating my character build, so I don't have too many cooldowns at the same time. :lv:
Crow
Beginner

Post by Crow » January 30th, 2016, 7:43 pm

The letter 'O' currently in the corner of the skill icon informs whether skill has overload, which is the additional charges. It doesn't state how many, but most have 2.
dergo
Newcomer

Post by dergo » February 17th, 2016, 6:40 pm

I know that ingame this is how you know the overload but I was proposing to input whether or not there a skill can be overloaded in this fanbase. Maybe I missed it but I never saw this O you're talking about in the database.

Furthermore, even ingame, you had to actually take 1pt in the skill to know whether or not a skill could be overloaded. Which meant that you actually had to commit to a class then invest one skill point into the skill you're interested in before even knowing whether that skill is actually useful because of overload, or not because of an absence of overload. In a game where you cant change your classes it can be a big waste of time, especially at high lvls.