Condense Introductions section into a thread

Laima
Apprentice
Timezone: UTC+8

Condense Introductions section into a thread

Post by Laima » August 28th, 2014, 7:15 am

Just a thought, so we can use single posts to welcome multiple people simultaneously.
Desperate for 1 key.
Flash
Site Admin
Favorite Class: Cleric
Server: [EU] Fedimian

Re: Condense Introductions section into a thread

Post by Flash » August 28th, 2014, 1:33 pm

I will give it a thought. I agree that it would be much easier to welcome multiple people with one post. However I actually like that the new users have the chance to start a little discussion themself by asking the community something like ti was done in several threads. I also like the fact that the first post is always an introduction so it's very easy to find someones introductions and the following disussion so I will need to think abot it. Would be good to know what the the rest of you are thinking about it.
Laima
Apprentice
Timezone: UTC+8

Post by Laima » August 28th, 2014, 3:29 pm

Hmm, well, it doesn't seem like it'll hinder users from initiating discussions with their introductory post. Based on the existing threads, there will likely be no more than one prevailing topic (without undermining other topics). But yeah, the current format has its conveniences too.
Desperate for 1 key.
IgnisFlamma
Apprentice
Timezone: GMT+1

Post by IgnisFlamma » August 28th, 2014, 10:41 pm

Flash wrote:However I actually like that the new users have the chance to start a little discussion themself by asking the community something like ti was done in several threads. I also like the fact that the first post is always an introduction so it's very easy to find someones introductions and the following disussion [...]
For those and more reasons, I personally prefer the way it is.
Iden
Apprentice

Post by Iden » August 29th, 2014, 1:12 pm

I think the way it is now gives the introductions a bit more cozy and personal feel, +what Flash said.
Erus
Newcomer
Timezone: UTC+1

Post by Erus » August 29th, 2014, 1:54 pm

As a new member who posted his introduction yesterday I think that the it works now is fine. I don't know if it will be handy with big fan base (which I hope we will build), but for now it was nice to post introduction of myself first before taking part in other discussions. Also its good that new person have separate topic because its easy to notice.
Phelsetti
Apprentice
Favorite Class: Cannoneer

Post by Phelsetti » August 29th, 2014, 2:39 pm

Erus wrote:As a new member who posted his introduction yesterday I think that the it works now is fine. I don't know if it will be handy with big fan base (which I hope we will build), but for now it was nice to post introduction of myself first before taking part in other discussions. Also its good that new person have separate topic because its easy to notice.
This.
As more and more players join, it'll be harder to notice a player's introduction. Creating their own thread just gives someone a chance to start out as an individual than just adding into a thread. Otherwise it really isn't hurting the forum overall, it's its own section after all.
Goldmind
Apprentice
Timezone: UTC+30

Post by Goldmind » August 29th, 2014, 9:27 pm

I agree.