Post by Laima » August 3rd, 2014, 7:37 am

Beautiful! I hope this also supports 1440x900. :D
Desperate for 1 key.
Phelsetti
Apprentice
Favorite Class: Cannoneer

Re: [REDESIGN] Tree of Savior - Fan Base

Post by Phelsetti » August 3rd, 2014, 7:41 am

I really like the design, I would say this could work a lot better when we gather many more information on ToS.
Flash
Site Admin
Favorite Class: Cleric
Server: [EU] Fedimian

Post by Flash » August 3rd, 2014, 2:54 pm

The design looks pretty nice. I can definitely see us using this design. I'd probably change the light green user color to something more dark because I fell it's a bit too bright in front of the white background but that's basically the only thing I don't like.
Gardosen
Site Admin
Favorite Class: Doppelsöldner

Post by Gardosen » August 3rd, 2014, 9:36 pm

Very Nice Design,

i agree with flash and can only say that we would appresiate it if you would share your work for use. :)

Greetings
Gardosen
My Dragoon Passive OneHanded Spear Dagger Build -> http://www.tosbase.com/tools/skill-simu ... aztoyx6nj/
Hasell
Beginner

Post by Hasell » August 3rd, 2014, 10:02 pm

Laima wrote:Beautiful! I hope this also supports 1440x900. :D
Thank you, the design is based on minimum resolution of 900 pixels width and can be used with a fluid design, worked in most of the monitors (including yours).
Phelsetti wrote:I really like the design, I would say this could work a lot better when we gather many more information on ToS.
Thank you, and yes, it would be much better, I had to use resources from other games that fit into the concept.
Flash wrote:The design looks pretty nice. I can definitely see us using this design. I'd probably change the light green user color to something more dark because I fell it's a bit too bright in front of the white background but that's basically the only thing I don't like.
Thank you. I had forgotten that detail, left to edit later, but I forgot. I'll send you the files to you via PM, you can use them on the website, of course, if you want.
Gardosen wrote:Very Nice Design,

i agree with flash and can only say that we would appresiate it if you would share your work for use. :)

Greetings
Gardosen
Thank you, my intention is only to help the community, and if you want, you can use the site redesign.
Arec
Apprentice
Guild: ROOT
Timezone: PST
Favorite Class: Templar

Post by Arec » August 4th, 2014, 10:39 am

Wow! Looks so slick!
Flash
Site Admin

Post by Flash » August 6th, 2014, 3:23 am

I'm currently working on the new theme and it's and might take a while until i'm done (those forum styles are often pretty annoying to edit imho ^^)

However the basic part is done so I want to share it with you:

As you can see there is still a lot of stuff missing (like top navigation, profile info etc.) and some parts look weird (like the missing padding in the title box). But I think it's stable enough for some testing so everyone who wants to try it out can go to the User Control Panel -> Board preferences (or click here) and switch to "Tree of Savior 2.0"

I would like to get some feedback about the general design (it's not needed to tell me every wrong pixel right know because I know there are many. this will be done at a later state)

Once thing I'm interested in is the search box on the left. The default style has a button you have to click to be able to see the search input field. The new style directly shows you the input field and will show all advanced options once you click on it.

Which if these version do you like better or would you prefer option 3: Seperating the search field from the advanced search options so they won't always popup when you try to search something.

Please let me know what you think about the search or any other part of the design you would like to be changed ;)
cholo
Apprentice
Timezone: UTC-5

Post by cholo » August 6th, 2014, 7:09 am

I would suggest either keeping the new style or completely separating the two features. Clicking a rather small button might be a little more difficult. It would probably better to make things easier and simpler for the users.
Another thing that I don't see in the new design is the button that allows me to go directly back to the home site (www.tree-of-savior.com). It might just be me, but I liked being able to go back and forth between the home page and the forum page with the click of one button (the button that was labeled "Website").
Summer
Newcomer

Post by Summer » August 6th, 2014, 8:46 am

Wow, really great work.
Flash
Site Admin

Post by Flash » August 6th, 2014, 2:35 pm

cholo wrote:Another thing that I don't see in the new design is the button that allows me to go directly back to the home site (http://www.tree-of-savior.com). It might just be me, but I liked being able to go back and forth between the home page and the forum page with the click of one button (the button that was labeled "Website").
Indeed, this is still missing. I'm still trying out if it's better to be in the top navigaition or on the left like before. I will readd this with the next test version.
Hasell
Beginner

Post by Hasell » August 7th, 2014, 1:41 am

Flash wrote:
cholo wrote:Another thing that I don't see in the new design is the button that allows me to go directly back to the home site (http://www.tree-of-savior.com). It might just be me, but I liked being able to go back and forth between the home page and the forum page with the click of one button (the button that was labeled "Website").
Indeed, this is still missing. I'm still trying out if it's better to be in the top navigaition or on the left like before. I will readd this with the next test version.
If you rather, you can keep the website link on the sidebar, even though i put it as Home link. The sidebar links are not small, and they span the whole sidebar width like a big rectangle.

I didn't make the the profile page, post page ... i just did the forum home page, and later i'll do the rest, with new icons, colours and etc.
Flash
Site Admin

Post by Flash » August 7th, 2014, 1:45 am

I already have a test version with the top navigation working and I think I prefer that over the old version with the sire navigation. It's a better seperation between the main links and the sub links. I think I will be able to release the next preview version tomorrow and that one should include most missing parts.
Hasell
Beginner

Post by Hasell » August 7th, 2014, 1:55 am

Flash wrote:I already have a test version with the top navigation working and I think I prefer that over the old version with the sire navigation. It's a better seperation between the main links and the sub links. I think I will be able to release the next preview version tomorrow and that one should include most missing parts.
Ok, but you can use drop-down menu too, to separate links and sublinks of the site.
Flash
Site Admin

Post by Flash » August 8th, 2014, 4:36 am

I updated the theme but unfortunately I was only able to include minor changes today but I still think it's important to get some feedback on these changes.

1st change: The background won't scroll anymore but stick to it's position and only the content will scroll. This is like it was before in the old theme. I personally like this more because it's much nicer to have the image all the time in the background instead of the background color.

2nd change: I added the top navigation. I decided to rather use this one for the website (home) and wiki link instead of the links in the left navigation like in the old theme because i think it's a much cleaner seperation between forum features on the left and a "global navigation" on the top.

As you can see I didn't put the exact same links into the top navigation:
I didn't include the Logout button for two reasons:
1st: i think it's not used often enough to be needed as big button on the top
2nd: as mentioned before I want to seperate "global links" and forum features so the logout belongs to the left for me.

The links to Media and Game are missing because those are no existing pages right know. I replaced the Game link with "Classes". I didn't replace the Media link because of the lack of space in the current configuration but I think that an additional link should fit in there if I scale down the font size and make the shorter links less space consuming. I'll probably focus on this next.

The final plan is to have Game and Media as dropdown menus that will show all sublinks once you hover it.

So I'd like to get your feedback. What do you think about the background being fixed? Do you like it more or less than before and why?
Do you agree with my ideas on the seperation between top and left navigation?
Am I missing something important in my plans for the top navigation? Just let me know what you thnk about it, thanks :)