Apprentice
Timezone: UTC +1
Favorite Class: Highlander
Server: [EU] Fedimian
Team Name: Red-Dragoons

Re: Class Pages

Post by Updater3000 » September 23rd, 2014, 4:59 pm

My "box obsession" can't be stopped :lol:
Yeah you're right about the class sprite it was over reacting to put every thing in a box (I just love it), but I just find that the sprites have a better look when you put them on right because of the direction they point, I agree that for the overview I think putting it in the top of the page is more helpful for fast brows then in the foot of the page.

When more game content will be released, it will be a little hard to just add a video of the skill without the description, I am imagining the skill panel like that :
[Skill Icon] Skill name :
Skill description.
[Skill video]
e.g :
[FireBall Icon]Fireball :
can be moved around by attacking it directly from short ranges so it will be useful in many ways when you are in party.
Fireball Video in a spoiler

I will try more stuff if you want, and I hope that it will help you.

EDIT : I realy like the Archer page but if you reverse the images it would be much better.
Flash
Site Admin
Favorite Class: Cleric

Post by Flash » September 23rd, 2014, 6:26 pm

Yes, the skills will definetly change when we have more information so everything relevant will be displayed not just an image.

Which of the images you think should be reversed, sprite, art work or both? The sprite or the artwork? I prefer to have the sprite on the left instead of the right because this way the text is able float around them nicely (wouldn't be possible for all descriptions with the image on the right an because most poeple read from left to right and are used to look for information on the left first). So the only optimization for this I would see would be to flip the sprite / art work.
Updater3000
Apprentice
Timezone: UTC +1
Favorite Class: Highlander
Team Name: Red-Dragoons

Post by Updater3000 » September 23rd, 2014, 6:42 pm

It would be good to change it from this :
To this :

It's way better because the character is facing the text rather than the other side.

EDIT : If you want I can flip them all for you.
Flash
Site Admin

Post by Flash » September 23rd, 2014, 7:25 pm

I think I can flip them too. If I have problems I will contact you.
Flash
Site Admin

Post by Flash » September 26th, 2014, 4:37 am

I did some local tests and I see a problem with flipping the sprite: If you flip them they will hold weapons and shields in the wrong hand. Even though imcGames said that they mirrored the sprites at first I don't really like how it looks. I personally prefer the char to look away from the text than seeing it mirrored especially because people could get confused and think that we are able to chosse the weapon hand.

Example: Normal Bokor (left) vs Flipped Bokor (right)
Image Image

So I think I will keep the sprite as it is right now. But you guys can still try convince me ;) I would like to know from more people what they prefer.