Class Pages

cholo
Apprentice
Timezone: UTC-5

Re: Class Pages

Post by cholo » August 14th, 2014, 5:43 am

i only see two characters per row, not three. must be due to my smaller screen resolution or something with my formatting. everything's lined up nicely, just one completely empty column. it's not a real issue though.
Flash
Site Admin
Favorite Class: Cleric
Server: [EU] Fedimian

Post by Flash » August 14th, 2014, 2:09 pm

I did a little adjustment. It should be displayed correctly now.
IgnisFlamma
Apprentice
Timezone: GMT+1

Post by IgnisFlamma » August 14th, 2014, 9:31 pm

Flash wrote:I'd like to know if you prefer the version with the image and the small text area, the version without the image and a bigger text area or something completely different.
Just like the others, I also liked the version with the image and the small text area. :ok:

A suggestion: what do you think about using webm instead of gif? It's not a "must have", but the quality would be much better, with a small file size difference. I think webm is already being well supported.
Flash
Site Admin

Post by Flash » August 14th, 2014, 11:12 pm

You are talking about the skill preview gifs? I agree that the quality and the file size is extreme bad so it might make sense to use videos instead. What I personally like is that the gifs auto-repeat but apparently this can be done with html videos too.
Internet Explorer 9+, Firefox, Opera, Chrome, and Safari support the <video> element.

Note: Internet Explorer 8 and earlier versions, do not support the <video> element.
I usually tried to support IE 8 too but it might be time to go on because the browser is getting very out of date... Maybe some kind of feature detecting or somethign like that :hmm:
Flash
Site Admin

Post by Flash » August 18th, 2014, 12:18 am

I changed the "Fire Pillar" Skill on the Pyromancer page from gif to html5 video. The video is available as mp4 and webm so every browser that supports html video should be able to play it. The mp4 is 1MB, the webm 500KB (but the quality seems a bit lower), the gif was 8MB so the videos are much smaller and even have a better quality. I'd like to know if anyone has problems to see the skill video. If everything is fine I will use this method for all skill videos from now on :)
politank
Newcomer

Post by politank » August 20th, 2014, 11:45 am

i read that TOS will have 80 classes, but in class pages, i only see 41 of them. Where are remaining 39 classes :( ? :?:
Laima
Apprentice
Timezone: UTC+8

Post by Laima » August 20th, 2014, 11:53 am

The developers haven't revealed all the classes yet. Note that these databases aren't official but fan-made.
Desperate for 1 key.
politank
Newcomer

Post by politank » August 20th, 2014, 12:10 pm

Laima wrote:The developers haven't revealed all the classes yet. Note that these databases aren't official but fan-made.
oh i see :no1: , Thank you laima. Cant wait to see all of others class T.T , especially archer class
Flash
Site Admin

Post by Flash » August 21st, 2014, 12:22 am

I updated the class overview. It will now show a tooltip when you mousover one of the class images. The tooltip contains the short description (first sentence of the class page). This is supposed to help new people to get a better overview of the different classes. I'd like to know if you like this feature or not.

The tooltips will probably be used on more parts of the website in the future so it would be good to know if you like how it looks and works or if you have suggestions to improve it.
cholo
Apprentice
Timezone: UTC-5

Post by cholo » August 21st, 2014, 4:57 am

the tooltips are a neat feature. i like the fact that they provide quick and brief information about each class without having the user click through each individual page. it'll be nice when we get sufficient detail about every class.
the only issue that i see right now is the rodelero tooltip. whenever i place my mouse over the rodelero picture, the tooltip of the previously hovered-over character pops up, i.e. the corsair or hoplite. i either see a different class' tooltip or a tooltip that's blank.
Flash
Site Admin

Post by Flash » August 21st, 2014, 5:07 am

thanks, should be fixed now. I thought I checked all tooltips but I completely miussed that :shy:

some short descriptions are not that useful right now but this will improve once we get more information. Right now I used the sentence from the Q&A but I'm planing to improve those over the time so that people will have a good first impression of the class by readig the tooltip.
rippa87
Apprentice
Timezone: UTC+8 Martian Time

Post by rippa87 » August 21st, 2014, 6:58 am

cholo wrote:the tooltips are a neat feature. i like the fact that they provide quick and brief information about each class without having the user click through each individual page. it'll be nice when we get sufficient detail about every class.
Yep, when we have a good deal of info, a job tree diagram or a skill tree diagram would be nice. All these classes would surely make a beginner confused.
Arec
Apprentice
Guild: ROOT
Timezone: PST
Favorite Class: Templar

Post by Arec » August 22nd, 2014, 8:40 pm

Just so you know the Druids is a Cleric class. :no1:
Flash
Site Admin

Post by Flash » August 22nd, 2014, 9:38 pm

Arec wrote:Just so you know the Druids is a Cleric class. :no1:
thanks, moved it to cleric classes :)
IgnisFlamma
Apprentice

Post by IgnisFlamma » August 27th, 2014, 11:26 pm

Q) What’s the difference between Elementalist and Pyromancer? Does Elementalist become Pyromancer by specializing fire attribute?
A) To become an Elementalist, you have to go through Pyromancer, but Elementalist also uses other spells besides fire such as lightning, petrification curse and etc. For more information, please refer to the class introduction below.
I guess there will be a "class-branch"? So, for now, I think it would be something like:

Wizard
> Pyro and Cryomancer > Elementalist
> Other Wizard classes

The class page looks good, by the way. :no1:
Flash
Site Admin

Post by Flash » August 28th, 2014, 12:22 am

Yeah I'm not too sure about the class tree yet however it seems pretty clear that Elemenalist will be based on Pyromancer. I wonder why the Cryomancer isn't mentioned in the answeser but is mentioned in the class description so I added a (?) to the Cryomancer as I'm not sure if it will indeed be a pre-class of Elementalist.

I put the Elementalist to a new row in the overview as it seems to be a higher rank class. I also linked to the Elementalist from the Pyromancer and Cryomancer.
IgnisFlamma
Apprentice

Post by IgnisFlamma » August 28th, 2014, 12:05 pm

Flash wrote:Yeah I'm not too sure about the class tree yet however it seems pretty clear that Elemenalist will be based on Pyromancer. I wonder why the Cryomancer isn't mentioned in the answeser but is mentioned in the class description so I added a (?) to the Cryomancer as I'm not sure if it will indeed be a pre-class of Elementalist.

I put the Elementalist to a new row in the overview as it seems to be a higher rank class. I also linked to the Elementalist from the Pyromancer and Cryomancer.

Looks nice :gawi:

I think Cryomancer wasn't mentioned in the answer because the question was asking about Pyromancer specifically; that's just a guess though.
Flash
Site Admin

Post by Flash » August 28th, 2014, 1:34 pm

yeah that makes sense :heh:
Updater3000
Apprentice
Timezone: UTC +1
Favorite Class: Highlander
Team Name: Red-Dragoons

Post by Updater3000 » September 23rd, 2014, 2:57 pm

Hi everyone,
I was browsing the class pages and I got some ideas for the page design, I want to share them and maybe they will give you inspiration Flash, so here is the .rar just download it (Click on "Telechargement Gratuit") and extract it there is an .html file open it with a browser (EE is not suggested)
http://www.partage-facile.com/N742Q78YT ... e.rar.html
It's not completed yet there are still some minor changes to do, I am on it.
Flash
Site Admin

Post by Flash » September 23rd, 2014, 4:39 pm

I like the look of these boxes but I'm not sure if they fit everywhere. I personally like the Class Overview > Pyromancer > Elementalist right on top of the page more than putting it in a seperated box. For the class description I'm not sure if I rather have it like now or in a box but the class spirte doesn't look that good in a box imho. I'd like to know what others think about it. So I'd probably use boxes like that for some information but I rather not put everything in such a box.

Edit: An example why I like the description and images not boxd can be seen here: http://www.tosbase.com/game/classes/Archer/