Dicuss: Boss Monsters

Flash
Site Admin
Favorite Class: Cleric
Server: [EU] Fedimian

Dicuss: Boss Monsters

Post by Flash » April 26th, 2015, 9:31 pm

I would like to discuss with you how we handle the boss monsters. I think for boss monsters it would be useful to create own wiki pages. This is because boss monsters are more likely to have some kind of lore / background information. They have their own skills / pattern that need to be explained so if we add several boss monsters to one page this might be too much. The question would be how we handle different bosses with the same name (afaik some can be dungeon bosses and field bosses and have different attributes). We could add all of them to one page and state the differences or we could create different pages like Golem_(Field) and Golem_(Dungeon). I would like to get your opinions regarding this.

Delisle
Beginner
Timezone: UTC-5

Re: Dicuss: Boss Monsters

Post by Delisle » April 27th, 2015, 12:29 am

There are too much bosses for a wiki. A lot of them aren't worth writing about. The wiki should have only the major one. Kind of like the MVP Bosses from RO. The ones that people would like to know their attack pattern and advices on party composition and strategies on how to defeat them.

Arec
Apprentice
Guild: ROOT
Timezone: PST
Favorite Class: Templar

Post by Arec » April 27th, 2015, 9:48 am

Delisle wrote:There are too much bosses for a wiki. A lot of them aren't worth writing about. The wiki should have only the major one. Kind of like the MVP Bosses from RO. The ones that people would like to know their attack pattern and advices on party composition and strategies on how to defeat them.
This is probably true.

You could possibly have all the "MVP" big bosses for their own individual wikis. And all the minor ones, like ones you can solo or are story bosses can be put up on one wiki. And just refer to them through the quest text when people search quests through the wiki... if you happen to put that. If not you can just make a "Misc Boss" page. :oops:

Flash
Site Admin
Favorite Class: Cleric
Server: [EU] Fedimian

Post by Flash » April 27th, 2015, 4:20 pm

Hmm while I agree that adding every boss to it's own page is too much I think that story line bosses (or atleast some of them) should probably get their own wiki page so that we have a place to add their lore and can link it easier. But those quest boses that just appear and don't have any stopy probably don't need a page.