Discuss: Maps

Flash
Site Admin
Favorite Class: Cleric
Server: [EU] Fedimian

Discuss: Maps

Post by Flash » April 26th, 2015, 9:31 pm

I would like to discuss with you how we handle the maps. First of all I think some translations in the official translation are still wrong like „Crystal Mine 1st Gallery“ which should be „Crysta Mine 1st Floor“ imho so I'd say if we see something like that we should try to correct it in the translation and use the term we think is correct until we get some confirmation from imc.
As far as i've seen we have 3 different types: City, Dungeon, Field (maybe more)
Dungeons are usually seperated into different floors but I think we should only create one wiki page and seperate the floors into categories because they belong to eachother.
This is how it could look like (without additional data: http://wiki.tosbase.com/wiki/Crystal_Mine).
Star.E.Knight
Apprentice
Guild: Dream Revolution
Timezone: GMT -7
Favorite Class: Shepherd

Re: Discuss: Maps

Post by Star.E.Knight » April 27th, 2015, 11:24 pm

I like this set up for the maps. I also would like to see a map of each floor with key points labeled. Than we can have links and information of each point. I would so be up for making each map with all the key points. I think I would go so far as to put types of mob you would find. I think I would have fun making the maps :P In fact... I think i'll start finding informatin and all the stuff I need for the mines you have linked to see how long each would take me. :p
Never argue with a Noob.... They only bring you down to their level and beat you with their experience.
Flash
Site Admin

Post by Flash » April 27th, 2015, 11:42 pm

we can probably use the ingame map as reference and simply add simbols to it where we need them for special areas / npcs, ...
Star.E.Knight
Apprentice

Post by Star.E.Knight » April 28th, 2015, 1:13 am

http://wiki.tosbase.com/wiki/Crystal_Mine

Okay I played with it :) Took me a bit cuz I havent done Wiki code before... but yea.
Never argue with a Noob.... They only bring you down to their level and beat you with their experience.
Flash
Site Admin

Post by Flash » April 28th, 2015, 1:51 am

Look pretty nice. How did you get the base image? Did you draw it or did you take it from one of the videos?

Maybe it would be better to add some text like the districts directly on the image instead of puttig the names at the site because that's how it's done on the client and then we can use these symbols for important stuff like Exits/Warps, Statues, maybe even Boss Monsters ^^
Star.E.Knight
Apprentice

Post by Star.E.Knight » April 28th, 2015, 1:59 am

That works :) I have everything saved in layers so i can easily change things :)

and yes I took them from your videos but made a mask to go over the top so it's one color. Your videos were the only ones to have full maps of those :)

Anyway, I'll fix the maps :) and then from there we can add all the other stuff on them. I can even upload the file I used to make the maps for those that are handy with Photoshop and want to add key points to them :)
Star.E.Knight
Apprentice

Post by Star.E.Knight » April 28th, 2015, 3:01 am

Photoshop Edit File:
http://www.filedropper.com/crystalmines123_1
Text Used: Arial 16

And I fixed the images:

I just dont know how to delete the old ones so there isnt 2 maps of each...
Last edited by Star.E.Knight on April 28th, 2015, 5:25 am, edited 1 time in total.
Flash
Site Admin

Post by Flash » April 28th, 2015, 4:16 am

I can delete them if you give me the link to the files but I personally don't mind if we have some additional images on the wiki. Maybe I'll delete unused images from time to time ^^
Gardosen
Site Admin
Favorite Class: Doppelsöldner

Post by Gardosen » April 28th, 2015, 8:57 am

we have a storage of 4 tb space, i dont think we will get to much into trouble if there are more then one picture for any topic :)
i even think, as more variations you have, as more detailed you can make this section.

i like the idea for creating a more senseful terminology. Gallery does not make sense like you said.
My Dragoon Passive OneHanded Spear Dagger Build -> http://www.tosbase.com/tools/skill-simu ... aztoyx6nj/
Flash
Site Admin

Post by Flash » May 4th, 2015, 4:37 am

Ok, I added the new images ^^
Star.E.Knight
Apprentice

Post by Star.E.Knight » May 7th, 2015, 6:24 pm

oh yay! :)
Spacenova
Beginner
Timezone: GMT +10

Post by Spacenova » May 8th, 2015, 5:30 am

Wow looking good guys

I agree, we should change Gallery, doesnt sound fitting.

Great job on the images StarEKnight

I cant wait to see the whole wiki
SADoncev
Newcomer
Favorite Class: Archer

Post by SADoncev » October 26th, 2015, 9:12 pm

great!