Dicuss: Skills

Flash
Site Admin
Favorite Class: Cleric
Server: [EU] Fedimian

Dicuss: Skills

Post by Flash » April 26th, 2015, 9:30 pm

I would like to discuss with you how we handle the skills. So basically there are different types of skills: monster skills and class skills. The question now is if we should create a own page for every skill or not. I personally think it's more useful to keep it right it is right now so that the skills are part of the class page. Boss monster skills could then be added to the boss page. I think splitting this up will make it more annoying to get the skill information because you'd have check a new page for every skill and also might increase the redundancy (or even inconsistency).
What do you think is better for class skills / boss skills? Own pages or add them to the class / boss they belong to?
Arec
Apprentice
Guild: ROOT
Timezone: PST
Favorite Class: Templar

Re: Dicuss: Skills

Post by Arec » April 26th, 2015, 11:01 pm

It probably more logical to add skills to what theyre associated too..

Class skills with the class that uses them. Boss skills with the bosses that use them. etc etc.

What we can do is make individual class pages, then in the skill page, have them refer to each class for the skills.

Then similar thing with monsters? I dont think Ive seen a wiki with all the skills on one page. Theyre usually under things that use them.
Arec
Apprentice
Guild: ROOT
Timezone: PST
Favorite Class: Templar

Post by Arec » April 26th, 2015, 11:11 pm

Its probably possibly to get skill icons now too seeing how they put them up in the character info site for nexon. :hmm:

:kis: Image Theyre pretty big and high definition.
Flash
Site Admin
Favorite Class: Cleric
Server: [EU] Fedimian

Post by Flash » April 26th, 2015, 11:21 pm

Ok to clear it up that was basically what I suggestied myself it it wasn't clear so all Cleric Skills should be on the Cleric page (as they are currently) and all Boss Skills to the page of that one boss ^^

btw. we already have all class images e.g. Image
see http://www.tosbase.com/database/skills/ for all icons we can simply use those for the wiki aswell
Delisle
Beginner
Timezone: UTC-5

Post by Delisle » April 27th, 2015, 12:13 am

Separate everything and kept everything modular. As the game progress, it will be easier to manage. Skills are going to have a lot of additional info. Discussion about each subject are going to be clean.
Page about classes should be about classes. A description of the classes and a list of the skill. Some general info about primary stat and the role of the class in a party.

Most people are going to use the builder and only go to the wiki for specific info on a skill. The wiki will be easier to search if everything is separate.