Secret of the Solstice? Hi

Introduce yourself to the Tree of Savior Fan Base Community.
Zudose
Newcomer

Secret of the Solstice? Hi

Post by Zudose » August 13th, 2014, 1:26 am

Hi im Zudose, started playing mmos when i was 9, i started with secret of the solstice, R.I.P Veggz, R.I.P -JM-, R.I.P CrazyOldMan, all people i met in those days that were guildies of mine, since then ive branced out into almost every type of online game there is. I'm hoping this can fil the void of were solstice use to be. Any other soltice surviovrs out there let me know, oh btw im 17 and from new york.

"Life's boring, add jokes"
Flash
Site Admin
Favorite Class: Cleric
Server: [EU] Fedimian

Re: Secret of the Solstice? Hi

Post by Flash » August 13th, 2014, 1:36 am

Welcome to the Tree of Savior Fan Base :)
Zudose
Newcomer

Post by Zudose » August 13th, 2014, 1:44 am

thanks

"Life's boring, add jokes"
cholo
Apprentice
Timezone: UTC-5

Post by cholo » August 13th, 2014, 1:56 am

:bo: welcome, zudose.
Sevic
Apprentice
Timezone: UTC - 5

Post by Sevic » August 13th, 2014, 3:49 am

Zudose wrote:Hi im Zudose, started playing mmos when i was 9, i started with secret of the solstice, R.I.P Veggz, R.I.P -JM-, R.I.P CrazyOldMan, all people i met in those days that were guildies of mine, since then ive branced out into almost every type of online game there is. I'm hoping this can fil the void of were solstice use to be. Any other soltice surviovrs out there let me know, oh btw im 17 and from new york.
Ah. I remember you! I remember -JM- and CrazyOldMan. I doubt you remember me, though. I was perpetually low level and in PvP 24/7 (Shadow Curse and Zevic). :wah: I didn't start actually aiming for high level characters until I transferred to Windslayer. My best friend in SoS was Saveline; you might remember him.
Closed beta tester for first ToS iCB!
Zefreonnoerfez
Beginner

Post by Zefreonnoerfez » August 13th, 2014, 5:32 am

Hi there, Zudose! Welcome aboard!

Secret of the Solstice seems to be a fun game. Too bad, it has been shut down before I could try it. Wish I knew about it much sooner, oh well.
Flash
Site Admin

Post by Flash » August 13th, 2014, 3:20 pm

Never heard of it so I looked it up in the wikipedia. It is weird how it ended. I also looked for some screenshots and those textures look 1:1 like RO's imho. Maybe some kind of legal issues? :hmm:

The grass, the trees, the street, the laterns, the walls and so on. If there was no GUI and no chars I'd be 100% sure it was a screen from RO ^^
Sevic
Apprentice
Timezone: UTC - 5

Post by Sevic » August 13th, 2014, 9:25 pm

Flash wrote:Never heard of it so I looked it up in the wikipedia. It is weird how it ended. I also looked for some screenshots and those textures look 1:1 like RO's imho. Maybe some kind of legal issues? :hmm:

The grass, the trees, the street, the laterns, the walls and so on. If there was no GUI and no chars I'd be 100% sure it was a screen from RO ^^
The game was around for a few years before it ended, and then they came out with "Solstice Reborn," which only lasted a little while. It didn't have anything to do with legal issues. The company that published it, Outspark, just wasn't good at marketing it and keeping the game up just became less and less financially rewarding. :sob:
Closed beta tester for first ToS iCB!
Flash
Site Admin

Post by Flash » August 13th, 2014, 11:09 pm

Sevic wrote:The game was around for a few years before it ended, and then they came out with "Solstice Reborn," which only lasted a little while. It didn't have anything to do with legal issues. The company that published it, Outspark, just wasn't good at marketing it and keeping the game up just became less and less financially rewarding. :sob:
Ok, I read the part about closing the first version without a warning and moving to a remake so I thought they might have been forced to develop a new game but failed with it or something like this. Unfortunately a good development team with a great game often has much less success than a bad dev team and a bad game but a good marketing team :bzz:
Dwarfurious
Beginner

Post by Dwarfurious » August 14th, 2014, 12:16 am

I miss that game :( i didnt play it enough
Licgenier
Newcomer

Post by Licgenier » March 18th, 2015, 2:39 am

Hi, i am Licgenier and i too am an ex-SoS player and a person with high expectations of this game.

May the holy potato bless you all in your upoming journey.
Bitrip
Apprentice
Favorite Class: Squire

Post by Bitrip » March 18th, 2015, 8:08 pm

SoS wasn't bad, but it was no Ragnarok Online.
Now, which one of you will adorn me today?
Star.E.Knight
Apprentice
Guild: Dream Revolution
Timezone: GMT -7
Favorite Class: Shepherd

Post by Star.E.Knight » March 19th, 2015, 11:54 pm

I was trying to figure out what sos was... now that I saw this, I can stop feeling like i'm lost and not in on a secret.. :P But I would have to agree, this looks so much like RO it's scary O_O
Never argue with a Noob.... They only bring you down to their level and beat you with their experience.
Bitrip
Apprentice
Favorite Class: Squire

Post by Bitrip » March 20th, 2015, 12:48 am

Star.E.Knight wrote:I was trying to figure out what sos was... now that I saw this, I can stop feeling like i'm lost and not in on a secret.. :P But I would have to agree, this looks so much like RO it's scary O_O
It was an RO clone. It wasn't half bad either. The full name is Secret of the Solstice it was published by Outspark and was closed a few years ago.
Now, which one of you will adorn me today?
zeta.wing
Newcomer

Post by zeta.wing » November 7th, 2015, 1:40 am

Wow, its been forever since I have seen people talk about SoS. Its a game that I fondly remember fromy childhood days. Lol, only reason I found this thread was due to me looking up SoS to reminisce with my bro about it. I'll see you guys in ToS.
zeta.wing
Newcomer

Post by zeta.wing » November 7th, 2015, 1:42 am

Lol, ToS is some nice SoS.