Looking for a tank swordsman build

Snowy
Beginner
Server: [EU] Fedimian
Team Name: xHestia Familia

Looking for a tank swordsman build

Post by Snowy » August 21st, 2016, 2:58 pm

Hii guys and girls, I'm just a newbie and I've a really small knowledge of the game btw I'm lookin for a build/guide for swordsman. Since there are many different paths and ways of building the character in tree of savior, I'd like to have a tank swordsman that can also do some damage (not crazy dps just a decent amount of damage xD) and that can do both PvE and PvP. As I've already said I'm just a newbie, so is there anyone so kind that can help me with a build/guide for what I'm searching for?Also I've heard takin pelt rank is a "must" for a swordsman, is it true?

P.s: I'm sorry if anyone before me posted a similar/same question, but I've searched a bit and I didn't find anything >.<.

Edit: sorry if I posted it there, I should've posted it in "swordsman classes" section. Just noticed now :'c.

Suzushii
Apprentice
Favorite Class: Fencer
Team Name: BJD

Re: Looking for a tank swordsman build

Post by Suzushii » August 21st, 2016, 3:05 pm

http://www.tosbase.com/tools/skill-simu ... ibbhzudgm/

Just once again.

Actually Rank 8 reneval Murmillo class. High burst for shield-use skills from pelta and rodo so actually this is only way for do "tank". I never give attention about pvp so actually you propably can change some skill because i focus on max damage. Survivalibity from skills work even with 1/15 so this isn't neccesary. And pure psyhical damage in this game is just a joke.

Of course if you don't mind you can go high DEX character without shield and in leather armor... but in Earth Tower you deffinintly not a tank. And actually even taunt isn't necessary there.
So you wanna be Fencer or Murmillo? Let me guide you a little.

Snowy
Beginner

Post by Snowy » August 21st, 2016, 3:21 pm

Suzushii wrote:http://www.tosbase.com/tools/skill-simu ... ibbhzudgm/

Just once again.

Actually Rank 8 reneval Murmillo class. High burst for shield-use skills from pelta and rodo so actually this is only way for do "tank". I never give attention about pvp so actually you propably can change some skill because i focus on max damage. Survivalibity from skills work even with 1/15 so this isn't neccesary. And pure psyhical damage in this game is just a joke.

Of course if you don't mind you can go high DEX character without shield and in leather armor... but in Earth Tower you deffinintly not a tank. And actually even taunt isn't necessary there.
Wow thank you really much, it seems it's what I'm lookin for. Btw I kinda like pvp but I think I'll stick with your skill set I like it :D. Don't really know about stat distribution tho >.<.

Suzushii
Apprentice

Post by Suzushii » August 21st, 2016, 4:36 pm

About this you better go ask, actually i don't expect high DEX could be worthy if you stuck with high block shield.
Maybe even 2 STR 1 CON 1 DEX can work too. I suggest to wait for answer by someone more knowleage with Rodo/Pelta class than me.

Snowy
Beginner

Post by Snowy » August 21st, 2016, 4:41 pm

Suzushii wrote:About this you better go ask, actually i don't expect high DEX could be worthy if you stuck with high block shield.
Maybe even 2 STR 1 CON 1 DEX can work too. I suggest to wait for answer by someone more knowleage with Rodo/Pelta class than me.
Okii, btw I've tried and made a skill tree by myself based on yours and on someone else found on public builds, can you check it out and tell me if it's at least decent?>.<
http://www.tosbase.com/tools/skill-simu ... jj4ym3a3a/

Suzushii
Apprentice

Post by Suzushii » August 21st, 2016, 4:55 pm

If you don't care about taunt pick point from this to Umbro and Rim Blow. Only for grind this is usefull and this skill you pick only for HP burst. Of course you still can stick with this but Umbro 15/15 now should be nice with Murmillo.

Snowy
Beginner

Post by Snowy » August 21st, 2016, 5:09 pm

Suzushii wrote:If you don't care about taunt pick point from this to Umbro and Rim Blow. Only for grind this is usefull and this skill you pick only for HP burst. Of course you still can stick with this but Umbro 15/15 now should be nice with Murmillo.
Mhhh... I'll stick with your set up then, I mean if havin the taunt it's useful only for grind it's not worth sacrificing points, I'd better put the points on 2 skills that can do more damage I guess. Now I need only someone to help me with the stats set up. Thank you very much for the help :D .

dewadewa220193
Beginner

Post by dewadewa220193 » August 22nd, 2016, 6:38 am

Snowy wrote:
Suzushii wrote:If you don't care about taunt pick point from this to Umbro and Rim Blow. Only for grind this is usefull and this skill you pick only for HP burst. Of course you still can stick with this but Umbro 15/15 now should be nice with Murmillo.
Mhhh... I'll stick with your set up then, I mean if havin the taunt it's useful only for grind it's not worth sacrificing points, I'd better put the points on 2 skills that can do more damage I guess. Now I need only someone to help me with the stats set up. Thank you very much for the help :D .
I think advancing peltas class without having decent provoke is meaningless. Why? Imagine with party or solo in dungeon or everywhere, sweeping will be lot of wasting time because no decent kiting, also it's the purpose of tanker classes. However, don't worry for spent point in Swashbuckling. There are many skills that do more damage than some peltas skills have. For example rank 8 Murmillo, the damage skills scales good for high lv even for tanker.

Here is my build http://www.tosbase.com/tools/skill-simu ... 513zwbu1l/ If you seek having more damage, also good tanker. If you like PVP, shinobi change it to corsair to getting lv 10 debuff.

Suzushii
Apprentice

Post by Suzushii » August 22nd, 2016, 8:55 am

dewadewa220193 wrote: I think advancing peltas class without having decent provoke is meaningless. Why? Imagine with party or solo in dungeon or everywhere, sweeping will be lot of wasting time because no decent kiting, also it's the purpose of tanker classes. However, don't worry for spent point in Swashbuckling. There are many skills that do more damage than some peltas skills have. For example rank 8 Murmillo, the damage skills scales good for high lv even for tanker.

Here is my build http://www.tosbase.com/tools/skill-simu ... 513zwbu1l/ If you seek having more damage, also good tanker. If you like PVP, shinobi change it to corsair to getting lv 10 debuff.
Well this is right depend on what are you plan to do. If you wanna taunt a lof of mobs (and you will taunt a lot because HP burst) then you can simply swap point frim Rim blow into swash buckling, this skill isn't so powerfull compare to umbro blow.

But in your build i two skills that make you go in high DEX
- Guardian
- Bunshin no Jutsu

But high DEX ins't such necessary for player wear plate and have high block rate. But if I understand this build work in pvp right?

dewadewa220193
Beginner

Post by dewadewa220193 » August 22nd, 2016, 9:45 am

Better going to corsa than shinobi I think for PVP, tanker job only capture and blocking. The cons of mostly pvp build is not that great into solo pve, but full Tanker build going worth alot in party also pvp. Peltasta class more likely into party now, since guardian patch scale with %, going dps taking peltasta isn't viable.

Akatuoro
Apprentice
Favorite Class: Wugushi
Team Name: Akatuoro

Post by Akatuoro » August 22nd, 2016, 11:20 am

Hi Snowy,

the build you put together (and deleted) looks good.
Contrary to what Suzushii is writing, taunt (Swash Buckling) is really good for ANY kind of party situation and even solo. That's why I highly advise you to put the 15 points in there. There are enough points to use for damage skills throughout the circles and you shouldn't forsake utility
Between Umbo Blow and Rim Blow you will use Umbo Blow more often since Rim Blow knocks enemies away. So I suggest you to take 15 in Umbo Blow, 1 in Rim Blow and 1 in Langort (nice pierce skill)
~~ Akatuoro :gawi:

My TP Guide

Snowy
Beginner

Post by Snowy » August 22nd, 2016, 1:15 pm

Thanks a lot for your replies guys :D ,I've modified again the skill tree based on your suggestions:
If you can check it again I'd really appreciate it. Anyway I maxed out high kick too It seems worth it. Oh and for the stats I think I'll go 1 STR : 1 CON.
Last edited by Snowy on August 22nd, 2016, 3:13 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Suzushii
Apprentice

Post by Suzushii » August 22nd, 2016, 2:57 pm

Put some DEX too, actually you must hit to do anything even against mobs. Not to mention about player.
Skill tree look good actually.

Snowy
Beginner

Post by Snowy » August 22nd, 2016, 3:06 pm

Suzushii wrote:Put some DEX too, actually you must hit to do anything even against mobs. Not to mention about player.
Skill tree look good actually.
Mhh... well I'll go 3:3:1 (STR:CON:DEX) I think, or maybe 2:2:1 no idea xD. Thanks for checking the skill tree, btw in the rodlero circle I don't know if I want to keep shield push at level 7 and montano at level 1 or swap points and get montanto at level 7 and shield push at level 1, any idea?

Akatuoro
Apprentice
Favorite Class: Wugushi
Team Name: Akatuoro

Post by Akatuoro » August 22nd, 2016, 6:20 pm

If you equip decent gloves you won't have any trouble hitting enemies at any level, so I highly recommend you to concentrate points into Str and Con. At higher values of a stat you'll get more bonus points, making it better to concentrate them.
The only instance to take Dex would be if you plan on doing PvP and Dodge builds are a thing. (They aren't atm)
~~ Akatuoro :gawi:

My TP Guide

Snowy
Beginner

Post by Snowy » August 22nd, 2016, 6:44 pm

Akatuoro wrote:If you equip decent gloves you won't have any trouble hitting enemies at any level, so I highly recommend you to concentrate points into Str and Con. At higher values of a stat you'll get more bonus points, making it better to concentrate them.
The only instance to take Dex would be if you plan on doing PvP and Dodge builds are a thing. (They aren't atm)
Ohh okk, so I think I'm going to stick with 1 STR : 1 CON or maybe should I go 2 STR : 1 CON? Anyway thanks for the clarifications :) . Also can you check my skill tree? I've tried and made some changes:

Suzushii
Apprentice

Post by Suzushii » August 22nd, 2016, 10:25 pm

Snowy wrote:
Akatuoro wrote:If you equip decent gloves you won't have any trouble hitting enemies at any level, so I highly recommend you to concentrate points into Str and Con. At higher values of a stat you'll get more bonus points, making it better to concentrate them.
Ohh okk, so I think I'm going to stick with 1 STR : 1 CON or maybe should I go 2 STR : 1 CON? Anyway thanks for the clarifications :) . Also can you check my skill tree? I've tried and made some changes:
1:1 is enough. Well DEX i recomend you because you wanna do PvP right? After all you can simply skip this stat and ride for only this two, not like me when on Fencer i go 2:1:4 and this is annyoing to locate every single point.

Snowy
Beginner

Post by Snowy » August 22nd, 2016, 10:53 pm

Suzushii wrote:
Snowy wrote:
1:1 is enough. Well DEX i recomend you because you wanna do PvP right? After all you can simply skip this stat and ride for only this two, not like me when on Fencer i go 2:1:4 and this is annyoing to locate every single point.
Well yes, I'd like to do some PvP but I don't think with a 3:3:1 ratio (STR : CON : DEX) would be really efficient for pvp. I think I'll make this character only for PvE and eventually I'll dedicate another one for PvP, maybe doing this way is better imo. Thanks for confirmation on stats ratio, you guys are givin me a huge help to makin my tank swordie :D . Now I think I just need to adjust something on skill tree and I can go and make it! xD

Suzushii
Apprentice

Post by Suzushii » August 22nd, 2016, 10:58 pm

Skill build look actually nice, Langort maybe isn't necessary. Instead take Shield Lob and remember this is emergency button just like Frenzied Slash propably gonna be too. More put in Evade Thurst and Headbutt because this is close range skills.

Oh wait... we still have no idea what is effective and what not in Murmillo so... whatever.

Snowy
Beginner

Post by Snowy » August 22nd, 2016, 11:04 pm

Suzushii wrote:Skill build look actually nice, Langort maybe isn't necessary. Instead take Shield Lob and remember this is emergency button just like Frenzied Slash propably gonna be too. More put in Evade Thurst and Headbutt because this is close range skills.

Oh wait... we still have no idea what is effective and what not in Murmillo so... whatever.
Thanks a lot for checking the skill tree :3 . Tbh I think langort is better than shield lob, anyway I'll see in the future for that 1 point. Regarding the murmillo skills I just read a bit of description on the forum and put points there a bit randomly XD.