New Gameplay Videos

Flash
Site Admin
Favorite Class: Cleric
Server: [EU] Fedimian

New Gameplay Videos

Post by Flash » April 12th, 2014, 8:01 pm

alexx3064 posted some youtube videos on reddit and we want to share them with you guys:

The videos have been removed by imcGames because they were outdated and leaked!
Zefreonnoerfez
Beginner

Re: New Gameplay Videos

Post by Zefreonnoerfez » April 14th, 2014, 8:14 am

I think Hakkyu is trying to put a heavy emphasis on medieval theme judging from the overall murky colour schemes of the in-game content. It kinda reminds me of Final Fantasy 9, which is to me one of the best video games ever made, so yeah, I'm really rooting for this game. :) And it seems that archer still has to stop while shooting in this game, no? And that speed-dashing gonna be useful when escaping from impending death by tough mobs, lol.

And btw, more information regarding the game's development coming soon! :D

Flash
Site Admin

Post by Flash » April 15th, 2014, 4:10 am

Zefreonnoerfez wrote:I think Hakkyu is trying to put a heavy emphasis on medieval theme judging from the overall murky colour schemes of the in-game content. It kinda reminds me of Final Fantasy 9, which is to me one of the best video games ever made, so yeah, I'm really rooting for this game. :) And it seems that archer still has to stop while shooting in this game, no? And that speed-dashing gonna be useful when escaping from impending death by tough mobs, lol.
Well it's hard to tell just from these videos. Maybe they just stop while shooting for better demonstration. I really want to test the gameplay myself :D
JerFlip
Newcomer

Post by JerFlip » May 6th, 2014, 6:20 pm

I hope the art style will be more Asian-influenced (like RO) and not too westernized. I'd play the shit out of a RO sequel with the exact same pixel art as the original, it's timeless
Flash
Site Admin

Post by Flash » May 7th, 2014, 3:31 am

You can see the artstyle in the official game trailer here :)
JerFlip
Newcomer

Post by JerFlip » May 7th, 2014, 4:07 pm

Flash wrote:You can see the artstyle in the official game trailer here :)
It looks pretty good! Still, would you agree that it looks "westernized" compared to RO? The environments are darker, the music is orchestrated (as opposed to SoundTeMP's electronic k-pop influenced BGMs) and the characters look like they're straight from the European Renaissance.

The game looks gorgeous and I'll definitely play it, but it's definitely changing in terms of artistic style.
Flash
Site Admin

Post by Flash » May 7th, 2014, 4:28 pm

JerFlip wrote:
Flash wrote:You can see the artstyle in the official game trailer here :)
It looks pretty good! Still, would you agree that it looks "westernized" compared to RO? The environments are darker, the music is orchestrated (as opposed to SoundTeMP's electronic k-pop influenced BGMs) and the characters look like they're straight from the European Renaissance.

The game looks gorgeous and I'll definitely play it, but it's definitely changing in terms of artistic style.
I agree that Tree of Savior looks much darker that RO and more western. Regarding the music: There are rumours that SoundTeMP ist doing atleast some of the BGM for ToS so maybe there will be some that are more like those in RO ^^
azume
Newcomer

Post by azume » June 17th, 2014, 11:06 am

all of posted videos by alexx3064 got removed by developers, below i linked other gameplays and feature vids from random youtubers:

Tree of Savior Online Gameplay Trailer Project R1
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XXBuPMfG5y4

Tree of Savior MMORPG Features Preview | Hype Meter
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lD3bRy_8LQc

Tree of Savior - Range
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BljCvFRWJ68
I agree that Tree of Savior looks much darker that RO and more western.
Not rly! by my eye it seems like bluring, much modern RO without old 8bit textures; smokes and other glowing effects giving a nice vision, thats how i call modern RO :D
Flash
Site Admin

Post by Flash » June 17th, 2014, 3:36 pm

I removed the old videos now. A list of vidos can be found at out video section and our youtube channel.