What class will you play (so far?)

bhigzy
Newcomer

Re: What class will you play (so far?)

Post by bhigzy » August 11th, 2014, 3:31 pm

Hello guyz im new to the forum..when the game starts i want to be a pardoner hehe i want to create useful stuff for other players :no1:
Zudose
Newcomer

Post by Zudose » August 13th, 2014, 2:48 am

Listen, what ever class has dual wield or the first rogue-ish / assassin class i see im taking , however the magic classes all seem to have amazing concepts so i cant wait to see what the melee classes have that make them stand out even more.

"Life's boring, add jokes"
Laima
Apprentice
Timezone: UTC+8

Post by Laima » August 13th, 2014, 3:22 am

Desperate for 1 key.
Berglion
Newcomer

Post by Berglion » August 13th, 2014, 6:59 am

Dievdirbys if have friends to play with!
Ranger if i will have to play with PUGs ^.^

The idea to create a class that will carve a statue of goddess in the middle of battle is awsome and the those animations of it... i just got in love when i saw it ^^ and becouse i'm so lazy it's perfect class for me since it will have teleports xD

Ranger for sure will be easy to play soloable campa style class :P
In your heart lies the secret of immortality.
cholo
Apprentice
Timezone: UTC-5

Post by cholo » August 13th, 2014, 7:06 am

Berglion wrote:becouse i'm so lazy it's perfect class for me since it will have teleports xD
this is exactly what i thought at first, but i remembered that there are also teleport items/scrolls and there will also be vakarine statues placed throughout training fields. but still, there must be some hidden perk to the dievdirbys' tele skill that we haven't seen yet, which will make it unique and better than scrolls.
Laima
Apprentice

Post by Laima » August 13th, 2014, 8:07 am

If Pardoner could make scrolls out of Dievdirbys skills... literally butterfly wing. I doubt it'll happen though. Anyway, warp items are just speculation, and I wouldn't count on it since there weren't any in the tool shop. Even if there were, I'm sure Dievdirbys's will still be popular.

In the video, the player had two choices: the selected one was Klaipėda (inspired by the Lithuanian city of the same name; was mentioned in other game text), while the other option was hard to read, but I wonder if it's a field/dungeon or just another city.
Desperate for 1 key.
cholo
Apprentice
Timezone: UTC-5

Post by cholo » August 13th, 2014, 7:52 pm

Laima wrote:Anyway, warp items are just speculation, and I wouldn't count on it since there weren't any in the tool shop.
Questions and Answers about TOS #5
Q) What are other transportation methods besides Companions? Portal using NPC? or Warp using an item?
A) You can transport between the statues of goddess that are scattered across the villages and the fields in the game. If there are no statue of goddess on particular field, then you can transport to the last place that you were warped using an warp item or the place near the statue that you already know.
yes, while quite possibly speculation and subject to change. i was simply going off of the q&a which spoke about forms of transportation.
Laima wrote:In the video, the player had two choices: the selected one was Klaipėda (inspired by the Lithuanian city of the same name; was mentioned in other game text), while the other option was hard to read, but I wonder if it's a field/dungeon or just another city.
i took a look at the scene which you were referring to, and referencing lithuania helped a lot to deduce what it said. it appears to be siauliai, another lithuanian city. the complete warp location in the video is siauliai west forest. so it is, in fact, a field as to which you correctly wondered.
Laima
Apprentice

Post by Laima » August 14th, 2014, 6:31 am

Oh right, I forgot about that! It's very reminiscent of butterfly wings. :heh:

Nice find on the other warp point. :no1:
Desperate for 1 key.
Goldmind
Apprentice
Timezone: UTC+30

Post by Goldmind » August 16th, 2014, 2:30 am

I hope the Devs post some info on the Ninja class next!

I can't imagine the Ninja class being classified as a branch of Cleric, Wizard, or Swordsman. If I had to say, my giant guess would be archer because they throw shurikens. Also, I see so much potential in how they could have a variety of skillsets. There's a lot of ways they could go with them.
Soli
Newcomer

Post by Soli » August 16th, 2014, 3:05 am

Honestly, I want more details in how the crafting and gathering system works, since I'm most interested in the Alchemist class. Not the most exciting, I suppose, but I love Alchemy and anything to do with it, so yay, production classes!

That aside, Wugushi interests me too. Poison and DoT have always been cool in my book.

Also, I just signed up, so hello to everyone. Looking forward to this game greatly.
Arec
Apprentice
Guild: ROOT
Timezone: PST
Favorite Class: Templar

Post by Arec » August 16th, 2014, 5:26 am

Goldmind wrote:I hope the Devs post some info on the Ninja class next!

I can't imagine the Ninja class being classified as a branch of Cleric, Wizard, or Swordsman. If I had to say, my giant guess would be archer because they throw shurikens. Also, I see so much potential in how they could have a variety of skillsets. There's a lot of ways they could go with them.
I dunno dude, Ninja was a completely seperate class in RO.

And if they go off the same themes. It could be an archer or wizard. Even swordsman maybe.

Archer because shruikans and such make total sense.

RO Ninja used magic too, as their renewal class, they put spell circles down that caused status effect which was kind OP. That leads to the wizard ideal.

Warrior, because they can use swords and daggers too... so im honestly stumped. :sob:
Laima
Apprentice

Post by Laima » August 16th, 2014, 7:49 am

Shinobi is probably going to come from swordsman because it was answered in reference to Samurai. While Samurai and Shinobi are known to use bows, they're best known for their swords (katana). [I can't believe you guys forgot the katana!]

I don't think bow proficiency translates to shuriken proficiency even in real life, and magic Ninja was a RO thing (or one of those Naruto-based browser games) which I don't think we'll see in TOS. Magic Samurai isn't exactly popular either.
Desperate for 1 key.
Phelsetti
Apprentice
Favorite Class: Cannoneer

Post by Phelsetti » August 17th, 2014, 7:11 am

Shinobi at least has an identifiable branch. Appraiser on the other-hand...a real stump on the road. Appraiser doesn't really fall to any class categories, they're just there to...appraise.
Last edited by Phelsetti on August 17th, 2014, 7:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
Laima
Apprentice

Post by Laima » August 17th, 2014, 7:29 am

It's a perfect match with wizard if you ask me.
Desperate for 1 key.
M4zinkaiser
Newcomer

Post by M4zinkaiser » August 18th, 2014, 12:11 am

As a former Fire Wall master (demobbing and killing Orc Hero alone with that), of course my first run should be with Wizard / Pyromancer ^^. then let's see, of course a Support class also because it's much more requested for parties.
Kago
Beginner
Timezone: +5:30 GMT

Post by Kago » August 25th, 2014, 5:36 pm

Ill be playing a Swordsman which will hopefully branch to a dual wield skill line.I am interested to find more about corsair class though. :heh: :awsm:
Erus
Newcomer
Timezone: UTC+1

Post by Erus » August 28th, 2014, 6:28 pm

This range of classes is making my head hurt :oops: but I'm pretty sure it will be a from cleric branch for me. I'm generally playing supports and enjoy it. Sure I won't be picking archer or wizard - I'm not into bows and elemental spells. There is so many classes so far (and will be more ...) for supporting and all of them looks really interesting. Every have such unique play style. I hope that I will have opportunity to test them all in CBT/OBT before final release so I can be sure what to play at the end.

Like I said I will probably pick support cleric, but also Centurion class has picked my interest. This formation creating looks so amazing ! I'm going to test it for sure :ok:
Squallify
Newcomer

Post by Squallify » August 29th, 2014, 4:05 pm

I'm thinking of Sadhu but i'd love more info about it's skills. It seems very interesting though :)
Meruem
Newcomer
Guild: NSI

Post by Meruem » September 6th, 2014, 12:00 am

Guess I will also go for the Chronomancer, since he reminds me strongly to the Professor (aka SupportAnnoyingUnkillable Build).
Satorichu
Apprentice
Guild: Neptune's Bounty™
Favorite Class: Kabbalist

Post by Satorichu » September 6th, 2014, 12:35 am

I think I would love to play as a Monk. I just think Monks are epic but at the same time, look at that Druid though, kicking butt with nature. :heh: