The classes you'll play until Rank 6?

User avatar
KingTam
Apprentice
Posts: 41
Joined: October 2014
Guild: ROOT
Timezone: HKT
Favorite Class: Doppelsöldner
Gender: None specified

The classes you'll play until Rank 6?

Post by KingTam » April 7th, 2015, 10:35 am

Hey guys! Right now I'm very hyped about this game, so far I think I have counted 55 classes that are out so far, and there's gonna be 25 more! It's just amazing how much this game is developing.

So I've been thinking, there's going to be a lot of different hybrids under a basic class that people are going to make up. I'm just wondering what are the classes that you'd play up until the class advancement of Rank 6 so far? Use the Class Builder to help you out on this!

As for me, I'd be going with
Swordsman > Highlander > Barbarian > Barbarian > Corsair > Corsair

That's what I'm going with so far. I'm usually a Warrior type of player, and I love how there are different types of warriors such as knights and brutes, etc. I'm more on the Brute side, that's why I went with a 2nd Circle Barbarian and continuing later as Corsair. I'm also a kind of specialist, I'm usually loyal to the class I'm playing, that's why instead of choosing a new class, I might end up continuing as the one class until the third circle.

I saw a Shinobi coming out, but I'm not sure if I'll play Shinobi if the classes' defense will suddenly drop.

So what are you guys gonna choose?
User avatar
Star.E.Knight
Apprentice
Posts: 124
Joined: September 2014
Guild: Dream Revolution
Timezone: GMT -7
Location: Arizona, USA
Favorite Class: Shepherd
Gender: None specified
Contact:

Re: The classes you'll play until Rank 6?

Post by Star.E.Knight » April 8th, 2015, 3:55 am

hmmm Well, I was thinking I was going to be Cleric>Cleric>Cleric>Paladin>Paladin>Paladin>Shepherd <-- Cuz I want that dog <_< >_>
Image
Never argue with a Noob.... They only bring you down to their level and beat you with their experience.
User avatar
Michio
Apprentice
Posts: 32
Joined: March 2015
Guild: N/A
Timezone: GMT+8
Gender: None specified

Re: The classes you'll play until Rank 6?

Post by Michio » April 8th, 2015, 6:32 am

Still doesn't have any precise idea of which class will I focus, I will play Wizard as a support for my friend's Archer though, so my main focus is Chronomancer.

There's too much class combination that I can try, but I'm planning too create 3 version of class tree and decide afterwards after reviewing the replay (I'm soo going to record the gameplay)

I'm also planning to make Corsair, but only after I maxed my main character.
User avatar
KingTam
Apprentice
Posts: 41
Joined: October 2014
Guild: ROOT
Timezone: HKT
Favorite Class: Doppelsöldner
Gender: None specified

Re: The classes you'll play until Rank 6?

Post by KingTam » April 8th, 2015, 6:41 am

Star.E.Knight wrote:hmmm Well, I was thinking I was going to be Cleric>Cleric>Cleric>Paladin>Paladin>Paladin>Shepherd <-- Cuz I want that dog <_< >_>
Oh wow that's a really class-loyal build. Care to justify?

and LOL that dog. Shepard seems like a crafting class or one of those "special classes" like Squire and Appraiser
User avatar
KingTam
Apprentice
Posts: 41
Joined: October 2014
Guild: ROOT
Timezone: HKT
Favorite Class: Doppelsöldner
Gender: None specified

Re: The classes you'll play until Rank 6?

Post by KingTam » April 8th, 2015, 6:45 am

Michio wrote:Still doesn't have any precise idea of which class will I focus, I will play Wizard as a support for my friend's Archer though, so my main focus is Chronomancer.

There's too much class combination that I can try, but I'm planning too create 3 version of class tree and decide afterwards after reviewing the replay (I'm soo going to record the gameplay)

I'm also planning to make Corsair, but only after I maxed my main character.
Chronomancer definitely seems like a really cool class. It'd be a class I'd play if I was playing Wizard. So as playing support, are you going to go for a build like Wizard>Cryomancer>Linker/Psychokino>Thaumaturge>Chronomancer>Chronomancer?

That's the most supportive build I can think of. Cryomancer over Pyromancer because just maybe those ice can slow your opponents or freeze them or something? Wow support in this game sounds really fun actually
User avatar
avantius
Apprentice
Posts: 148
Joined: August 2014
Favorite Class: Centurion
Gender: Male

Re: The classes you'll play until Rank 6?

Post by avantius » April 8th, 2015, 11:55 am

Swordsman --> Peltasta --> Peltasta , and from there on... any mix of either +Peltasta/Rodelero/Squire, and Centurion to end :heh:

I love both party-play and being able to hold the line, Peltasta and Rodelero look like they would be good at being toughies and holding the line. Squire looks good for extended periods in dangerous areas and general boss-hunting, Centurion for (obvious fandom reasons :heh: ) THE BIG HUNT and big party-play. :rice:

I kinda wanted to have more ranks in Swordsman but it seems you have to branch off to Peltasta right off rank 2.
User avatar
KingTam
Apprentice
Posts: 41
Joined: October 2014
Guild: ROOT
Timezone: HKT
Favorite Class: Doppelsöldner
Gender: None specified

Re: The classes you'll play until Rank 6?

Post by KingTam » April 8th, 2015, 12:01 pm

avantius wrote:Swordsman --> Peltasta --> Peltasta , and from there on... any mix of either +Peltasta/Rodelero/Squire, and Centurion to end :heh:

I love both party-play and being able to hold the line, Peltasta and Rodelero look like they would be good at being toughies and holding the line. Squire looks good for extended periods in dangerous areas and general boss-hunting, Centurion for (obvious fandom reasons :heh: ) THE BIG HUNT and big party-play. :rice:

I kinda wanted to have more ranks in Swordsman but it seems you have to branch off to Peltasta right off rank 2.
I guess tanking does sound quite fun indeed. Being able to stay in a fight long enough is really cool, but I guess Centurion isn't a class that I'd pick though, but its good if he's perfect for you :D

By the way guys, it seems like there are some more information about the classes that we don't have information about in the wikia. They have little but valuable information on classes like Shinobi there.
User avatar
Michio
Apprentice
Posts: 32
Joined: March 2015
Guild: N/A
Timezone: GMT+8
Gender: None specified

Re: The classes you'll play until Rank 6?

Post by Michio » April 8th, 2015, 2:26 pm

KingTam wrote: Chronomancer definitely seems like a really cool class. It'd be a class I'd play if I was playing Wizard. So as playing support, are you going to go for a build like Wizard>Cryomancer>Linker/Psychokino>Thaumaturge>Chronomancer>Chronomancer?

That's the most supportive build I can think of. Cryomancer over Pyromancer because just maybe those ice can slow your opponents or freeze them or something? Wow support in this game sounds really fun actually
That's definitely on my list Chronomancer + Thaumaturge, Atk and Atk Spd. Bonus. [ Buff ]
Psychokino and Linker will definitely collide this time, whether I want damage spread from Linker, or Psychokino teleport/swap skills [ safety maneuver ]

Cyromancer, sure 'slow' skills are useful and why not? if my party Carry can maximize his attack potential that would be awesome.
User avatar
KingTam
Apprentice
Posts: 41
Joined: October 2014
Guild: ROOT
Timezone: HKT
Favorite Class: Doppelsöldner
Gender: None specified

Re: The classes you'll play until Rank 6?

Post by KingTam » April 8th, 2015, 3:48 pm

Michio wrote: That's definitely on my list Chronomancer + Thaumaturge, Atk and Atk Spd. Bonus. [ Buff ]
Psychokino and Linker will definitely collide this time, whether I want damage spread from Linker, or Psychokino teleport/swap skills [ safety maneuver ]

Cyromancer, sure 'slow' skills are useful and why not? if my party Carry can maximize his attack potential that would be awesome.
Definitely. But honestly now that I think about it, I think Linker would definitely be better, because looking at the Psychokino skills, Psychokino looks a lot more offensive based. Unless you don't want to be SUPER supportive, I think Linker is just better.
DasRightBois
Newcomer
Posts: 1
Joined: April 2015
Gender: None specified

Re: The classes you'll play until Rank 6?

Post by DasRightBois » April 10th, 2015, 8:06 am

I love archers, I've been playing archers in every other game since when I was small. I really like Hunters in World of Warcraft cuz I can have a pet to help me fight, but I don't know about this game's hunter. I really like the concept of Wugushi though, poison archer sounds really cool to me and Falconer sounds amazing as well.

What I was thinking of going for was
Archer > Ranger > Ranger > Wugushi > Wugushi > Falconer

I really wanted to try the Falconer because of the awesome concept of an archer fighting alongside a Falcon.
User avatar
Michio
Apprentice
Posts: 32
Joined: March 2015
Guild: N/A
Timezone: GMT+8
Gender: None specified

Re: The classes you'll play until Rank 6?

Post by Michio » April 10th, 2015, 8:11 am

KingTam wrote: Definitely. But honestly now that I think about it, I think Linker would definitely be better, because looking at the Psychokino skills, Psychokino looks a lot more offensive based. Unless you don't want to be SUPER supportive, I think Linker is just better.
True, Linker seems a better support based on the linking skills. but I'm not quite sure combining it with Archer, if the damage are shared by linking the target together, personally I think its just better with a class with a nuke skills (AOE) like Elementalist Meteor, that seems destructive. Can't say for sure though :heh: haven't tried it

Ohh... so may things to try :pif:
User avatar
KingTam
Apprentice
Posts: 41
Joined: October 2014
Guild: ROOT
Timezone: HKT
Favorite Class: Doppelsöldner
Gender: None specified

Re: The classes you'll play until Rank 6?

Post by KingTam » April 10th, 2015, 8:26 am

Michio wrote: True, Linker seems a better support based on the linking skills. but I'm not quite sure combining it with Archer, if the damage are shared by linking the target together, personally I think its just better with a class with a nuke skills (AOE) like Elementalist Meteor, that seems destructive. Can't say for sure though :heh: haven't tried it

Ohh... so may things to try :pif:
Don't think you can have Elementalist's meteor and be a Chronomancer. Elementalist's meteor is in the 2nd Circle and Chronomancer starts when Elementalists gets their 2nd Circle so it clashes. But idk, I think Linkers are good with Archers, seeing how Archers have a lack of AOE skills. :heh:

But I guess supporting doesn't necessarily mean that you let your DPS do everything right? And what if your friends offline, but you have so much free time that you'd wanna play? Of course you would want some DPS right? Well you do have Cryomancer I guess... You might even skip Psychokino and Linker for a 2nd Circle Cryomancer! Haha who knows? Can't tell until the details of the game really comes out I guess but it's still fun to plan things out for a bit! :ok:
User avatar
KingTam
Apprentice
Posts: 41
Joined: October 2014
Guild: ROOT
Timezone: HKT
Favorite Class: Doppelsöldner
Gender: None specified

Re: The classes you'll play until Rank 6?

Post by KingTam » April 10th, 2015, 8:34 am

DasRightBois wrote:I love archers, I've been playing archers in every other game since when I was small. I really like Hunters in World of Warcraft cuz I can have a pet to help me fight, but I don't know about this game's hunter. I really like the concept of Wugushi though, poison archer sounds really cool to me and Falconer sounds amazing as well.

What I was thinking of going for was
Archer > Ranger > Ranger > Wugushi > Wugushi > Falconer

I really wanted to try the Falconer because of the awesome concept of an archer fighting alongside a Falcon.
You know what? I wanted to go for your same build for my archer toon! For some reason, I think that the other archer classes don't click with me very well and I think that's the most interesting and fun build to go with :rice:

Definitely very interesting. But any thoughts on Schwarzer Reiter and Pied Piper? Those sound really cool too. Well I think Pied Piper is something like a Bard that everyone was looking forward to see in this game, but it doesn't suit me too well because I think Archer has this attacking nature and Pied Piper just don't seem to fit. Schwarzer Reiter, translated to "The Black Rider" sounds absolutely fantastic and I might try it if their skills look nice.

Well of course this is all after finishing my Swordsman toon. Still looking forward to that dual-wield Corsair characteristic and Barbarian buff synergy. Since dual-wielding can increase attack speed, Barbarian can increase damage for each basic attack, which is making me very excited about this synergy.
User avatar
Star.E.Knight
Apprentice
Posts: 124
Joined: September 2014
Guild: Dream Revolution
Timezone: GMT -7
Location: Arizona, USA
Favorite Class: Shepherd
Gender: None specified
Contact:

Re: The classes you'll play until Rank 6?

Post by Star.E.Knight » April 10th, 2015, 11:35 pm

KingTam wrote:
Star.E.Knight wrote:hmmm Well, I was thinking I was going to be Cleric>Cleric>Cleric>Paladin>Paladin>Paladin>Shepherd <-- Cuz I want that dog <_< >_>
Oh wow that's a really class-loyal build. Care to justify?

and LOL that dog. Shepard seems like a crafting class or one of those "special classes" like Squire and Appraiser
lol I'll waste a class if it means that I have a dog :P

and I was looking at the classes.... I dont really like the classes until Paladin, and the fact that I would have my heal up to 15 would be a big plus seeing as Paladin has turn Undead (and if it works anything like the RO skill, I'll be happy). I also like the Idea behind the barrier skill Paladins have. :) Not to mention Divine Might will increase my skills :)
Image
Never argue with a Noob.... They only bring you down to their level and beat you with their experience.
User avatar
KingTam
Apprentice
Posts: 41
Joined: October 2014
Guild: ROOT
Timezone: HKT
Favorite Class: Doppelsöldner
Gender: None specified

Re: The classes you'll play until Rank 6?

Post by KingTam » April 11th, 2015, 4:24 am

Star.E.Knight wrote:lol I'll waste a class if it means that I have a dog :P

and I was looking at the classes.... I dont really like the classes until Paladin, and the fact that I would have my heal up to 15 would be a big plus seeing as Paladin has turn Undead (and if it works anything like the RO skill, I'll be happy). I also like the Idea behind the barrier skill Paladins have. :) Not to mention Divine Might will increase my skills :)
But if you look at the Rank 2 Priest, you can actually have "Resurrection" as a skill. Won't that be a really good party skill? I mean at least having that would be nice, and even if you're solo, it deals damage to opponents if you use it on them sooo I don't see why not :) but I guess level 15 Heal would be really nice so I guess you're right.
User avatar
Phelsetti
Apprentice
Posts: 137
Joined: June 2014
Favorite Class: Cannoneer
Gender: Male

Re: The classes you'll play until Rank 6?

Post by Phelsetti » April 11th, 2015, 5:57 am

Really liking how flexible you can build your desired class now.

Still got my eyes set for Fletcher. Considering to take Archer>Quarrel>Quarrel>Quarrel>Fletcher>Fletcher or Archer>Ranger>Ranger etc.
Stuck between utility or offense. They have their perks and cons.

The classes between those ranks are still fascinating too no doubt. But I'll save that for another character. Thinking about it, Archer>Archer>Hunter>Hunter>Hunter>Falconer. Get to fight with your companion and a falcon! :heh:
User avatar
KingTam
Apprentice
Posts: 41
Joined: October 2014
Guild: ROOT
Timezone: HKT
Favorite Class: Doppelsöldner
Gender: None specified

Re: The classes you'll play until Rank 6?

Post by KingTam » April 11th, 2015, 8:12 am

Phelsetti wrote:Really liking how flexible you can build your desired class now.

Still got my eyes set for Fletcher. Considering to take Archer>Quarrel>Quarrel>Quarrel>Fletcher>Fletcher or Archer>Ranger>Ranger etc.
Stuck between utility or offense. They have their perks and cons.

The classes between those ranks are still fascinating too no doubt. But I'll save that for another character. Thinking about it, Archer>Archer>Hunter>Hunter>Hunter>Falconer. Get to fight with your companion and a falcon! :heh:
Not as flexible as i'd imagine. Its just that there are some cool classes that you'd wanna play but you wanna max out your current class as well, but you cant do both. But its good enough I guess.

Hunter and Falconer sounds cool, completely relying on your pets I see :heh:

But why do you like Fletcher so much? I mean it's interesting but just wondering why you'd pick it instead of the other classes
User avatar
Phelsetti
Apprentice
Posts: 137
Joined: June 2014
Favorite Class: Cannoneer
Gender: Male

Re: The classes you'll play until Rank 6?

Post by Phelsetti » April 11th, 2015, 9:04 am

KingTam wrote:Not as flexible as i'd imagine. Its just that there are some cool classes that you'd wanna play but you wanna max out your current class as well, but you cant do both. But its good enough I guess.

Hunter and Falconer sounds cool, completely relying on your pets I see :heh:

But why do you like Fletcher so much? I mean it's interesting but just wondering why you'd pick it instead of the other classes
Haha you'd be surprised how their skill set is all in all. Overall, their concept of making and actually utilizing it (there was some arguments that it was mistranslated and they were only deemed to be just a crafting class with no offensive capability) was pretty cool enough for me. I was glad being right on Fletchers being offensive (hell of a lot more offensive than I expected).

I was also the one that translated their skills to the database! I'll break it down. They specialize in both single and mobbing situations. On single targets they can break the enemies defense and also do additional effects depending on the mobs defense typing (magical/physical). This is amazing for fighting bosses or dealing with really tanky enemies. They even have a DoT as well!

On their mobbing side they got themselves 3 AoEs (they revealed 2 more on the KR official site!). One or possibly two of the AoEs will only react after the specific mob is killed or when the dynamite's timer is up. They also have another well discussed AoE skill during the time syKim was revealing classes on their development blog. This skill is called "Magic Arrow"! It basically rains down several magically enhanced arrows down at enemies. (Ref- https://youtu.be/tvfR-Q-lg6w?t=11s)

Now that I think about it, you helped me find out more interesting combinations I can do before I reach Fletcher. :gg:

Additionally, I really like their outfit. :heh:
User avatar
KingTam
Apprentice
Posts: 41
Joined: October 2014
Guild: ROOT
Timezone: HKT
Favorite Class: Doppelsöldner
Gender: None specified

Re: The classes you'll play until Rank 6?

Post by KingTam » April 11th, 2015, 10:15 am

Phelsetti wrote:Haha you'd be surprised how their skill set is all in all. Overall, their concept of making and actually utilizing it (there was some arguments that it was mistranslated and they were only deemed to be just a crafting class with no offensive capability) was pretty cool enough for me. I was glad being right on Fletchers being offensive (hell of a lot more offensive than I expected).

I was also the one that translated their skills to the database! I'll break it down. They specialize in both single and mobbing situations. On single targets they can break the enemies defense and also do additional effects depending on the mobs defense typing (magical/physical). This is amazing for fighting bosses or dealing with really tanky enemies. They even have a DoT as well!

On their mobbing side they got themselves 3 AoEs (they revealed 2 more on the KR official site!). One or possibly two of the AoEs will only react after the specific mob is killed or when the dynamite's timer is up. They also have another well discussed AoE skill during the time syKim was revealing classes on their development blog. This skill is called "Magic Arrow"! It basically rains down several magically enhanced arrows down at enemies. (Ref- https://youtu.be/tvfR-Q-lg6w?t=11s)

Now that I think about it, you helped me find out more interesting combinations I can do before I reach Fletcher. :gg:

Additionally, I really like their outfit. :heh:
That's another thing about Tree of Savior I guess. The crafting classes normally in other games are considered as Sub-Classes in which are additional to allow all players to be able to make money as well as fight and battle in one toon, but they require us to skip 1-3 class advancements in order to be able to craft. Meh, it'll be alright i guess?

And thanks for the information Phelsetti! I actually thought this database would've put all the already revealed skills of the classes into the Skill Simulator so I thought it'd be all there, but there's a lot more in the "Skills" section! And wow, I thought Fletchers are only capable of crafting and utilizing their arrows as an Archer class, but I never knew they would have this much offensive capability! :heh: Although a lot of skills are still untranslated, the name of the skills gives us the idea I guess.

This is what the discussion is about! We talk to each other about these things and these ideas will eventually come across.
User avatar
Phelsetti
Apprentice
Posts: 137
Joined: June 2014
Favorite Class: Cannoneer
Gender: Male

Re: The classes you'll play until Rank 6?

Post by Phelsetti » April 11th, 2015, 9:27 pm

KingTam wrote:That's another thing about Tree of Savior I guess. The crafting classes normally in other games are considered as Sub-Classes in which are additional to allow all players to be able to make money as well as fight and battle in one toon, but they require us to skip 1-3 class advancements in order to be able to craft. Meh, it'll be alright i guess?

Although a lot of skills are still untranslated, the name of the skills gives us the idea I guess.

This is what the discussion is about! We talk to each other about these things and these ideas will eventually come across.
Their are some classes that fill the role of that too! Such as Squire, Oracle and Pardoner fill the need for subclasses, but they did recently reveal a couple of lovely skills for each of them.

Me and a friend like to prod around and translate a bunch of stuff for the hell of it. :heh:

Here's some preview!

Squires next to their ability to create camps and repair on demand, they also have this nice skill.
Image
Arrest - Seize an enemy to prevent from moving or taking certain actions. This also works on bosses too. This is an excellent utility for a lot of situations.

Oracle besides reading the future and manipulation of enemies-
Image
Death Verdict - The enemy is sentenced to death after a scheduled time. This will most likely not work on bosses unless their timer will be set for an exaggerated amount of time. This is a pretty decent skill if they want to eliminate some of the more annoying mobs but even then they can also change a mob to another mob in that map or if it's a magic type, deny them whole. Haha

Pardoner has one skill that's strays off their main role.
Image
Discern Evil - Extends the duration of debuffs on the targeted enemy. Great all in all to keep that one boss on check.

What I'm getting at is each of these classes holds a great utility that makes them at least feel a bit viable in a party.

Speaking of which, time to translate some more for the database~
Post Reply