Class Progression

Icystare
Wiki Manager
Timezone: GMT -5
Favorite Class: Pardoner

Class Progression

Post by Icystare » December 26th, 2014, 8:14 am

Now that we know how the class system works what are your opinions on this?

For those not familiar with how the progression goes do visit this page below.
http://www.tosbase.com/tools/class-builder/
Flash
Site Admin
Favorite Class: Cleric
Server: [EU] Fedimian

Re: Class Progression

Post by Flash » December 26th, 2014, 5:35 pm

Well even though this is basically what they told us about the class system from the beginning with the recent interviews and Q&As I kinda hoped we misinterpreted what they said. I hoped that we would only be able to choose 3 Ranks and that those would be based on eachother e.g. Wizard > Pyromancer > Elementalist or Wizard -> Psycokino -> Chronomancer ...
This would have resulted many different classes for the endgame and people still would have been able to playe different Builds etc. Wizard 3 -> Pyromancer 2 -> Elemenalist 5 (At Rank 10)

The news class system will result in only 8 endgame classes. That's not too few but it's about the same every other MMO has and when you always advertise with 80 classes but 72 of them are just some kind of filler I think this is a lot of wasted potential.

The advantage of this class system is that we will be able to create very different builds. Because we can play our favorite Rank 4 (or Rank 10) class with different pre-classes.
Phelsetti
Apprentice
Favorite Class: Cannoneer

Post by Phelsetti » December 28th, 2014, 5:46 am

One of the cool things I noticed is the symbol behind the class indicates their role.

The shield represents an offensive class, the diamond with curved sides represent a tank class, the star represents a support class and the circle represents a crafting/non-combat class.

Now the paths can be pretty tricky to deal with.

Well the confusing part was Lesley's example was Swordsman>Swordsman>Swordsman>Hoplite. Hoplite is in the the 3rd circle though. Although she may not have clarified it too much but if you max out the circle of desired class, you're able to choose any class from that rank and below but continue on from rank 4.

So like Swordsman>Highlander>Highlander>Highlander, with the maxed out Highlander, you can now choose a brand new class of you're liking. So Swordsman>Highlander>Highlander>Highlander>Swordsman. You should be able to backtrack from that point but you're still in Rank 5, from that point you can either continue as Swordsman or decide on either of the rank 6 classes. If you decide on Swordsman on rank 6, you'll max out Swordsman and now you can choose any brand new class from rank 7 and below.

So it is very possible to do Wizard 3 (Maxed) and back track to Pyromancer. Max that and go back to Elementalist.

But that's my theory on it. Hopefully things will be clarified.
Flash
Site Admin

Post by Flash » December 28th, 2014, 6:00 am

Hmm maybe it will be that way. I based the class builder on the class page on the nexon website and that one won't allow you to pick a class from a below rank if you skipped it so if you didn't pick a Sowrdman at Rank 2 you are not able to pick it later and if you picked a Sowrdsman at Rank to you won't be able to choose a Rank 2 Class later at Rank 4. But the Nexon page might be wrong too who knows how much the one who created it knew about the indepth gameplay so I guess we will have to wait until the CBT. Even though there seems to be some kind of NDA I'm pretty sure basic information like this will be known afterwards ^^
Icystare
Wiki Manager

Post by Icystare » December 29th, 2014, 5:46 am

Phelsetti wrote:Well the confusing part was Lesley's example was Swordsman>Swordsman>Swordsman>Hoplite. Hoplite is in the the 3rd circle though. Although she may not have clarified it too much but if you max out the circle of desired class, you're able to choose any class from that rank and below but continue on from rank 4.

So like Swordsman>Highlander>Highlander>Highlander, with the maxed out Highlander, you can now choose a brand new class of you're liking. So Swordsman>Highlander>Highlander>Highlander>Swordsman. You should be able to backtrack from that point but you're still in Rank 5, from that point you can either continue as Swordsman or decide on either of the rank 6 classes. If you decide on Swordsman on rank 6, you'll max out Swordsman and now you can choose any brand new class from rank 7 and below.

So it is very possible to do Wizard 3 (Maxed) and back track to Pyromancer. Max that and go back to Elementalist.

But that's my theory on it. Hopefully things will be clarified.
I pray we are able to backtrack to our previously thrown away classes.

Solely based on the current skill tree we currently have I would assume there will be further expansions/choices within the next 2 ranks after that it'll be straight upgrades until whenever. It might feel restrictive at first but it's gives the player a wide variety of options to customize your character without making it feel completely useless/obsolete, but of course people are going to find efficient builds and the group segregation will eventually happen. Hopefully we are able to delete our characters instantly and not have to wait a certain amount of days for our names to get put back into the draw.
Star.E.Knight
Apprentice
Guild: Dream Revolution
Timezone: GMT -7
Favorite Class: Shepherd

Post by Star.E.Knight » December 29th, 2014, 7:20 am

I don't think you'll be able to backtrack. I mean, if you want to level the class you are currently, then you would just stay with that class until the next rank... From what it looks like, classes are just going to be built off of each other. Even if you go from Swordsman>Swordsman you would get upgrades of the skills you already have and maybe new skills in that same class. Also, it looks like each class can only raised up in rank 3 times. So if you really like a class, you would just stick with it and level it all the way out before changing to a different one. (You would miss out on a rank or 2 for different classes tho... :sob:) But leveling that one class, may benefit the next class you pick. Maybe unlock a skill that you can't get unless you level Swordsman>Swordsman>Swordsman>Cataphract.

I can see this making everyone's classes feel different, so you don't feel like your copying someone else.
Never argue with a Noob.... They only bring you down to their level and beat you with their experience.
Icystare
Wiki Manager

Post by Icystare » December 29th, 2014, 1:08 pm

Star.E.Knight wrote:I don't think you'll be able to backtrack. I mean, if you want to level the class you are currently, then you would just stay with that class until the next rank... From what it looks like, classes are just going to be built off of each other. Even if you go from Swordsman>Swordsman you would get upgrades of the skills you already have and maybe new skills in that same class. Also, it looks like each class can only raised up in rank 3 times. So if you really like a class, you would just stick with it and level it all the way out before changing to a different one. (You would miss out on a rank or 2 for different classes tho... :sob:) But leveling that one class, may benefit the next class you pick. Maybe unlock a skill that you can't get unless you level Swordsman>Swordsman>Swordsman>Cataphract.

I can see this making everyone's classes feel different, so you don't feel like your copying someone else.
I think you are misunderstanding what I mean by backtracking. Based on Nexon's current class builder when you select an advancement the previous choices that are in the same tier are null and voided.
Meaning you can't do Cleric-> Priest -> Krivis or any other variants like it.
I didn't mean it like Cleric -> Priest -> Cleric.
Phelsetti
Apprentice
Favorite Class: Cannoneer

Post by Phelsetti » December 30th, 2014, 2:26 am

My apologies. My example isn't too idealistic as Lesley emphasized on base class only reaching to three ranks.

There is another possibility, but it's nothing like backtracking. As you max a class, you can change your next class within the same rank. Some cases it makes sense since Elementalist requires Pyromancer and Pyromancer maxes in Rank 4.

But all in all it seems they really want to make sure you choose your classes carefully as there might be no turning back. Maximizing a class seems more important than figuring out combinations of classes unless it's near the end.

There was also that one sample bit of Pardoner. Since now that Pardoner isn't within the first 4 ranks. The video reveals they are 2 circles in one class and 1 circle in another, which would make Pardoner the 4th. But as it reveals it is not, this means we're likely limited in only having 3 class paths for your skills. But of course it could also mean they just used a shortcut to become Pardoner as they are the developers. haha

But I do believe it's important to maximize a circle than having a spreadsheet of 10 classes in one.

Also Flash, seems you missed a class listed in the page. Army Chaplain. :p
Flash
Site Admin

Post by Flash » December 30th, 2014, 6:11 am

Phelsetti wrote:Also Flash, seems you missed a class listed in the page.
Thanks it's added now :)
I actually had a page for it but it seems for whatever reason it wasn't linked from the class page... I'm not sure if it happened when I moved the classes around or because I was unsure about the name.... If I translate the korean name it translates to "Chaplain" and not "Army Chaplain" but I used "Army Chaplain" as it seems to be the general term right.
Updater3000
Apprentice
Timezone: UTC +1
Favorite Class: Highlander
Team Name: Red-Dragoons

Post by Updater3000 » December 30th, 2014, 7:32 pm

That class system is amazing, it gives a great advantage to mix classes and vary the gameplay of the players, that system has almost the same mechanisms as Seiken Densetsu 3, I bet they got inspired by that :heh:
chenner
Newcomer

Post by chenner » January 14th, 2015, 9:48 am

would you guys happen to know if the basic classes can compete with 2ndary classes?

One thing I really want to try is to lvl a swordsman all the way to the max, but will it be able to compete (ie. be just as good as) with say....a max lvl rodelero?
snow
Newcomer

Post by snow » January 14th, 2015, 3:41 pm

Hey,

I have some questions too, correct me if I am wrong:

There will be 10 ranks, you will get next rank after 15lvl, like rank 1 = 1-15lvl, rank 2 = 15-30lvl etc. so max lvl is 150? But developers said max lvl is 100...

I read on Wiki that you can rank up class only 3 times, like Cleric > Cleric > Cleric > *need to choose something else*, you cant rank up Cleric all the game, so if there are 10 ranks we can get 3 classes full ranked up and 1 class rank 1, like Cleric > Cleric > Cleric > Krivis > Krivis > Krivis > Monk > Monk > Monk > Sadhu, huh?

Each class has ~4 skills, so if I rank up Cleric > Cleric > Cleric I will play until 45lvl with ~4 skills while other people will play with ~12 skills, thats unfair :S (I know that my skills will be stronger but you know... its boring to grind with ~4 skills)
Flash
Site Admin

Post by Flash » January 14th, 2015, 5:34 pm

chenner wrote:would you guys happen to know if the basic classes can compete with 2ndary classes?

One thing I really want to try is to lvl a swordsman all the way to the max, but will it be able to compete (ie. be just as good as) with say....a max lvl rodelero?
They should be able to compete against 2nd classes. Otherwise the whole system wouldn't make too much sense. I think to the main reason to get those classes is to get their special skills and if you are not interested in skills of a class you can stay at you previous class to get stronger skills :)
Flash
Site Admin

Post by Flash » January 14th, 2015, 5:35 pm

snow wrote:Hey,

I have some questions too, correct me if I am wrong:

There will be 10 ranks, you will get next rank after 15lvl, like rank 1 = 1-15lvl, rank 2 = 15-30lvl etc. so max lvl is 150? But developers said max lvl is 100...

I read on Wiki that you can rank up class only 3 times, like Cleric > Cleric > Cleric > *need to choose something else*, you cant rank up Cleric all the game, so if there are 10 ranks we can get 3 classes full ranked up and 1 class rank 1, like Cleric > Cleric > Cleric > Krivis > Krivis > Krivis > Monk > Monk > Monk > Sadhu, huh?

Each class has ~4 skills, so if I rank up Cleric > Cleric > Cleric I will play until 45lvl with ~4 skills while other people will play with ~12 skills, thats unfair :S (I know that my skills will be stronger but you know... its boring to grind with ~4 skills)
Thex mentioned that the max level will be 150 or higher but for the first CBT it will be lower. It is also correct that you will only be able to rank up a class 2 times so in Rank 4 you won't be able to chose the base class again and so on.
snow
Newcomer

Post by snow » January 14th, 2015, 6:59 pm

Ok, thank you flash, build making will be really hard but fun :)
chenner
Newcomer

Post by chenner » January 15th, 2015, 5:51 am

cheers flash! that would be awesome :thx:
snow
Newcomer

Post by snow » January 17th, 2015, 9:51 am

One more question! Is this sequence possible?

Wizard > Wizard > Wizard > Sorcerer > Sorcerer > Sorcerer > Elementalist > Elementalist > Elementalist >

In other words, can I pick two classes from rank 4?
Flash
Site Admin

Post by Flash » January 17th, 2015, 9:55 am

no, you have to choose between 2 classes of the same rank.
snow
Newcomer

Post by snow » January 17th, 2015, 11:51 am

So if I pick Wizard > Wizard > Wizard > Sorcerer > Sorcerer > Sorcerer what can I pick next? no classes available for me?
Flash
Site Admin

Post by Flash » January 18th, 2015, 1:03 am

There are supposed to be 10 Ranks of classes but not all of them have been revealed yet so we don't know which classes will be next in ranks what we know can be seen here: http://www.tosbase.com/tools/class-builder/