So now that the Skill Preview video was released...

Phelsetti
Apprentice
Favorite Class: Cannoneer

So now that the Skill Preview video was released...

Post by Phelsetti » July 5th, 2014, 10:00 am

Let's discuss about Linker, Psychokinesist, Necromancer and Sadhu.

From what I perceived, Linker was able to split damage among enemies or split damage between ally and Linker. Linker definitely compliments well with a party, especially with melee classes.

Psychokinesist has quite a number of displacement skills. They have strong mobbing capabilities and also dish-out some amazing damage. Looks like they can go with or without a party.

Necromancer bit was interesting. Being able to collecting debris of the mobs slain, use them as an offensive and defensive. Has really strong soloing capabilities.

Sadhu...that was unexpected. Being able to send their own soul out is really useful for scouting ahead if large group of mobs await. Their damage seems to be pretty good, but this class can hurt if careless. Seems to be rather recommended to have another party member tag along to catch the attention away from the main body.

What do you guys think? Point out anything I may have missed or if you see things differently.

Reference:
Laima
Apprentice
Timezone: UTC+8

Re: So now that the Skill Preview video was released...

Post by Laima » July 5th, 2014, 10:54 am

It also seems that Linker can spread buffs/debuffs across the link, and that they have skills that automatically target linked players/monsters without looking at them. It's very reminiscent of Crusader's Devotion, and definitely welcome in any party.

Psychokino reminds me a lot of fighting games, since they can take advantage of the fact that flinching/hit stopping enemies can really interrupt their actions.

As for Necromancer, their summons are better than what I expected. So yeah, imagine your screen filled with multiple necromancers + summons + companions. XD

Finally, Sadhu is a little disappointing because I expected a lot more after that Kamehameha support image. But certainly, this is only the tip of the iceberg. Speaking of ice, what about using astral projection while hiding your main body behind ice walls created by a friendly Cryomancer?
Desperate for 1 key.
Flash
Site Admin
Favorite Class: Cleric
Server: [EU] Fedimian

Post by Flash » July 5th, 2014, 1:20 pm

I'm happy that all those classes are played completely different. I really loved how you can throw enemies around. I also like the idea of the Sadhu to leave your body and attacking enemies with "your spirit". I hope most classes will have these unique features. Sadhu is on my want to play list from now on :)
Phelsetti
Apprentice
Favorite Class: Cannoneer

Post by Phelsetti » July 5th, 2014, 4:11 pm

Seems like they'll be revealing information about Swordsman and Archer on the next Q&A. Will be interesting how they differentiate the classes between Swordsman and Archer.
PoNySoNg
Newcomer

Post by PoNySoNg » July 5th, 2014, 10:33 pm

I want to know more about the cards, it seems like cards will be a necromancer thing. Or maybe they will be similar to glyphs in WoW. Changing the way a certain skill works.
Ruvian
Beginner

Post by Ruvian » July 6th, 2014, 1:03 am

Flash wrote:I'm happy that all those classes are played completely different.
This is what I found most interesting. The four classes we were shown clearly play very differently from one another.
Flash wrote:Sadhu is on my want to play list from now on :)
Ha, mine too (along with the other three as well :shock: )!
Antiskill
Newcomer

Post by Antiskill » July 7th, 2014, 3:25 am

Anyone notice? after linker link with that swordman ,we see that swordman class dodge 3 or 4 times, not sure it s from boss attack or from normal mob tough
and that aoe exploded from Shadu,it s the bigger area aoe as far from all video they show us
the necro summoner things dont do any damege at all
first attack knock back roar then the last do a stun
Laima
Apprentice

Post by Laima » July 7th, 2014, 5:56 am

Antiskill wrote:Anyone notice? after linker link with that swordman ,we see that swordman class dodge 3 or 4 times, not sure it s from boss attack or from normal mob tough
Yeah, it must've been a buff from the Linker, which was shared after the link was established.
Antiskill wrote:and that aoe exploded from Shadu,it s the bigger area aoe as far from all video they show us
It's on par with the archer on the same video, and cryomancer from previous videos. But yeah, it's pretty cool. :D
Antiskill wrote:the necro summoner things dont do any damege at all
first attack knock back roar then the last do a stun
I didn't notice that. I hope it's not the same case for the other summons. Nonetheless, the aoe of the disables were huge.
Desperate for 1 key.
Dwarfurious
Beginner

Post by Dwarfurious » July 11th, 2014, 5:01 am

While they're all pretty imaginative and unique, cant imagine how that stuff will work in PvP. Surely the link doesnt split 100% of damage to all targets, and i doubt you can pick people up and toss them around for as long as the other class did. Lots of hard and soft CC that works on mobs may do nothing in PvP =/. The soul detach thing must have some kind of cooldown too, seems like there will be spots where you could safetly farm in soul mode, like in RO1 with ranged guys killing immobile plants, easy exp.
Laima
Apprentice

Post by Laima » July 11th, 2014, 7:51 am

Well, PvP doesn't seem to be a main focus. All that's mentioned was "periodical tournaments" (not even a constantly open arena) and "large scale PvP" (which seems closer to WoE).

If the classes have to balanced around PvP, then either skill changes in PvP and PvE should be independent of each other, or don't make PvP-centric changes at all and have players accept the fact that PvP is a for-fun mode where some classes will be useless in most cases.

Making all classes competitive runs the risk of turning them all vanilla. Well, unless they go with the DOTA2 route.
Desperate for 1 key.
Dwarfurious
Beginner

Post by Dwarfurious » July 11th, 2014, 5:20 pm

They'd probably go the GW1 route of mentioning what a skills effect in PvP is. That, or we're looking at powerful skills with long cooldown times, who knows how long a fight could last. I'm hoping a Fighter class can just grab and throw mobs though, who needs magic for that when you're a fighter.