Its a healer, but what kinda healer?

Zaikuden
Apprentice

Its a healer, but what kinda healer?

Post by Zaikuden » June 25th, 2014, 3:15 am

Priest, ok makes sense I guess.
Kribi? whats that? It sounds pretty creepy to me.
Bokor? ok Voodoo, but like Diablo 3 Voodoo??
Sadhu? Whats a Sadhu? whos there to be sad about!?

Haha I'm such a doof :mrgreen:

But seriously, what are the meaning of the classes other then Priest? What do they uphold? What do they mean? Tell me, Somebody, if not the wisdom of Flash to clear my quandaries then who shall enlighten me from the darkness to which I wander lost.
Flash
Site Admin
Favorite Class: Cleric
Server: [EU] Fedimian

Re: Its a healer, but what kinda healer?

Post by Flash » June 25th, 2014, 3:55 am

We don't really know mire than listed here: http://wiki.tree-of-savior.com/wiki/Classes

What we have seen is a Priest that had some AoE heals.
If I haven't missed something there wasn't any more detailed information about Bokor yet. I guess that they will be more focussed on fighting rather than supporting probably with some kind of debuffs or something like that.
Sadhu seems to be a full support class. You will be able to help other players by giving them vitality etc. I think it will be kinda like a soul linker.
Zaikuden
Apprentice

Post by Zaikuden » June 25th, 2014, 5:17 am

Thanks for answering Flash, you always have at least some info to give. I feel better informed.
Laima
Apprentice
Timezone: UTC+8

Post by Laima » June 25th, 2014, 8:13 am

If Priest is generally associated with Christianity, Bokor and Sadhu represent other religions (chosen seemingly at random).

Bokor (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bokor) : According to the wiki, they specialize in zombies and spirits, as opposed to curses (debuffs) normally associated with other voodoo. I speculate that the in-game class will be like a necromancer. They are also said to "practice both dark magic and light magic", which fits well with the in-game fact that they stem from the Cleric class.

Sadhu (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sadhu) : Sadhu is a Hindu monk. It was featured in the 5th Q&A, using a skill that transfers his energy to an ally by remaining stationary (image below). However, I don't think it will be like a soul linker because Wizard already has a class advancement called Linker, and soul linker gameplay is closer to that of mage.

Kribi : Possibly a mistranslation. Nobody has information about it yet, but it probably represents another religion just like the others.
Desperate for 1 key.
Flash
Site Admin
Favorite Class: Cleric
Server: [EU] Fedimian

Post by Flash » June 25th, 2014, 2:59 pm

thankes, that's a good overview :D

Yeah, Soul Linker probably wasn't the best comparision. It just was the only RO class that kinda came into my mind when I wanted to name a similar one. Probably the RO2 Sould Linker is more similar ^^.