Best afk money maker - Pardoner or Squire?

nagrocha
Newcomer

Best afk money maker - Pardoner or Squire?

Post by nagrocha » June 29th, 2016, 4:55 pm

Hello guys!

I'm Fletcher C1 now, and unfortunately I don't have much time to play (maybe 2h/day)

So it will be a little difficult to do world boss to make money, then I though about doing a money maker class.

The point is, since it will be not my main class, I don't want to lose much time leveling, or take rank 7.

Which one is the best option for me? Which one is easier to get?

Squire or Pardoner?

I heard that squire takes more time, because of rank 7, is that true?

What rank should I get with both of them?
Don't know if Pardoner C2/C3 its necessary, or C1 its ok...
Thank you <3
BrunoS3
Newcomer
Timezone: UTC -3
Favorite Class: Templar
Server: Orsha
Team Name: RadicalDreamers_

Re: Best afk money maker - Pardoner or Squire?

Post by BrunoS3 » June 30th, 2016, 8:53 am

Hi there! I'm not a Pardoner (hopefully someone who is will reply later), but I'd say it probably makes more money than Squire. You get 50% of each sale and scrolls can sell for a nice amount of silver, so I assume it's worthwhile. The store is open until you close it, just like the Squire's, right? I don't understand the 'duration increased' effect of leveling it up then (http://www.tosbase.com/database/skills/40805/) :hmm: ...

While it seems to make decent money per sale, you can only earn money from the market until c2/r6, when the shop is unlocked, but then you earn from both, unlike the squire's shops which are all c1/r5. I'm guessing more people buy Pard buffs before going to dngs than Squires' maint. ones, but they might need repairing... So, both of those things could be decision points for you to consider too.

It should be pretty easy for you to level him/her earlier on (to get r5/6), since you can make a full support Priest c3 (you should! Great for scrolls later) before going Pardoner and play in parties a lot. :no1: But you could also group play as Peltasta c3 tank build (seems like a common path for Squires and it's the one I'm taking with mine)... Hope I helped a bit. Good luck with it! :gawi:
Last edited by BrunoS3 on July 1st, 2016, 6:37 am, edited 3 times in total.
NegiMiso
Apprentice
Favorite Class: Paladin
Server: [SEA] Telsiai
Team Name: NegiMisoRamen

Post by NegiMiso » June 30th, 2016, 9:20 am

I never play merchant class before, so my opinion is based on observation. Please do research on the shop cost and market price. There are a lot of rivals out there.

Pardoner - Best if you have Pardoner C2 in rank 6 and Priest C3 for max Aspersion, Blessing and Sacrament. Can make money from Simony, sell scroll in Market, and Spell Shop(it can increase buff duration up to 2 hours, try to buy some and see the duration). From what I heard, Spell Shop don't make much profit.

Squire - Best if you have Squire C3 in rank 7. You have 3 shops, Repair, Weapon Maintenance and Armor Maintenance. I guess Repair is most seen outside dungeon and mission post. No need to take all shops because you can only open one per time.

Alchemy - Require Alchemy C2 in rank 7 to open shop, Gem Roasting. It is used to remove negative effect from gem. I guess Alchemy is the rarest to find.
------------------------------------------------
Paladin Support Build
------------------------------------------------
Otoroshi
Newcomer
Favorite Class: Musketeer
Team Name: N/A

Post by Otoroshi » July 1st, 2016, 6:47 pm

nagrocha wrote: Don't know if Pardoner C2/C3 its necessary, or C1 its ok...
Thank you <3
Not sure if who earns more money but, for you question regarding above, you should get C2 as C1 pardoner doesn't have "Spell Shop" yet. Rank 6 of pardoner (approx Lv177) is enough for you to have your spell shop up and running. :gawi: