Let's discuss about this weeks classes.

Phelsetti
Apprentice
Favorite Class: Cannoneer

Let's discuss about this weeks classes.

Post by Phelsetti » August 23rd, 2014, 12:05 am

So we now know a bit of Monk, Druid, Elementalist and Sapper!

From what I've peaked, there's also something about a Puppeteer class coming to as well!

So let's get started! (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NpRzBvVVCn0)

The powerhouse of the cleric branch it seems! Monk shows incredible strength and delivers high amount of damage. They show a lot of promise with AoE skills. They also have an excellent defense tool with the sacrifice of continuously depleting mana....kame...hame.....HAAAAAAA!

Druids another lovely addition to the cleric class. Able to manipulate nature to the fullest! Depending on the terrain, they can manipulate grass and plants to attack enemies within. They also have an ability to take control of an animal or plant type monster...but who needs to take control when you can just transform into one? Able to use the skills of what they transformed into as well!

Elementalist...need I say more? The manipulator of all elements, extremely high AoE capabilities and with multiple hit attacks like the hail, can wither down large mobs or bosses within minutes! Compared to there pure element typing class, they do seem to lack on crowd control.

Sapper, now we're seeing another unique side besides bows and arrows huh? Able to set up traps to keep enemies at bay. Claymores, rotating blades, spikes...they got it all! Traps like the claymore requires the Sapper to ignite it...so as much as setting up is in important, it seems just as important to know when or where to set them all up, one wrong move can put you at bay instead!

So those were all pretty wicked classes. What do you guys think? Anything I missed?
rippa87
Apprentice
Timezone: UTC+8 Martian Time

Re: Let's discuss about this weeks classes.

Post by rippa87 » August 23rd, 2014, 12:42 am

You had me on Kame Hame Ha. Its just that awesome! Monks are awesome! :rice:

As for Sapper, do you think they can spam their traps or will they be a set numbers that can be deployed? They sure can solo (if done right) with their traps alone.. :pif:

Druids..hope they can change to boss monster. Maybe for a little while. It'll sure made his/her party panic, then excited, and then dissappointed (coz they cant hit the druid),heheh :gg:
Vrenna
Apprentice

Post by Vrenna » August 23rd, 2014, 1:11 am

Phelsetti wrote:who needs to take control when you can just transform into one?
I was thinking about that then realized that there is an actual reason to take control instead of transforming, it's simple actually, if you take control of a monster it's the monster that is taking the damage and the risks instead of you.
Soli
Newcomer

Post by Soli » August 23rd, 2014, 2:52 am

Hmm. Let's see.

The Monk class, as is probably to expected, will be a prime tanker, as I did see a buff that seemed to raise defense, and that skill making enemies take damage when attacking him. Dat kamehameha though.~
Druid...honestly, from what was showed, the Druid class didn't really tick with me. Shapeshifting was cool, though. But yeah. That's just my opinion, of course.
On the other hand, Elementalist and Sapper just look plain fun. The former with all those spells just bouncing around doing massive damage, like the lightning spell and the fire...thing that bounced around. I bet they're squishy, with all those spells.
The latter, Sapper, looks like it could use its skills in some pretty fun ways. I do wonder if people other than the Sapper can activate the traps that need to be activated, in some way...hm, probably not.

Another hype-raising(?) video, this one. Now to wait for the text translation.~
Phelsetti
Apprentice
Favorite Class: Cannoneer

Post by Phelsetti » August 23rd, 2014, 5:37 am

Vrenna wrote:I was thinking about that then realized that there is an actual reason to take control instead of transforming, it's simple actually, if you take control of a monster it's the monster that is taking the damage and the risks instead of you.
I just find transforming more fun. Haha
Otherwise, since transforming would copy the same skills of that exact mob, wouldn't that also be copying the same resistance? Mind control at most is capable of making a monster turn against another, that's the thing though, it's AI. When we transform to the monster, we have control over everything. Situation wise, you know what to abuse as that mob than that mob with AI.

Overall though, Druid is limited to areas that are predominant with animals and plant type monsters with grassy terrains, other areas will simply put Druid at their place.

Elementalist has great coverage dealing with multiple type of enemies, they're quite flexible I might say. The only downfall is - albeit a pretty big one - is that they are rather immobile, they wouldn't do so hawty when against mass swarms. They're extremely useful in parties otherwise.

Sapper...there are some gimmicky aspects I noticed. Even if you do set up elaborate traps for soloing, that would take a lot of time as you need to redo them over and over again when a Ranger can just barge in and blow things up. The Sapper avoided their own spike trap, that would mean they can react their own traps, which would be bad if they or their party members are reckless. Claymore looks like it requires careful timing, if they mess up or the sapper gets disrupted, they put themselves in a very sticky situation. I can see Sapper needing some practice.

Unlike most generic monks, they don't carry over the typical brawler aspect. I like it. They have AoE attacks, capable of dealing with large swarms, and dukes out lots of damage. And also let's not forget they can heal themselves as that is from your starting class. Pretty much they're covered. Haha
Vrenna
Apprentice

Post by Vrenna » August 23rd, 2014, 1:32 pm

I wonder if it works with the AI, doesn't sound hard to be able to control the mob and change the skill bar, at least from what I saw in the video it wasn't clear if you just "change the monster to your side" or "manually control the monster"... well, I don't know korean at least.

About the grassy terrains thing, are you sure? Will terrains actually change anything? If it works like that, then Druid class is useless in some parts of the game, better be careful with that.

About the Sapper having friend-fire: That's great and bad at the same time, because the other classes have area attacks that dont hit allies, why care about that now for a single class? But well, I don't mind.

About Monk: I don't like it but I'll deal with it. I like the brawler aspect more than the "Ki" aspect, and this monk is totally "Ki" based... but well, we already have other classes for the brawling (or physical damage) so I can deal with that... plus the skills are actually awesome, guess it's fine, and since it's a cleric class... it's a strong DPS class in a supportive branch, that's great.
Laima
Apprentice
Timezone: UTC+8

Post by Laima » August 23rd, 2014, 3:06 pm

When the Druid controlled a monster, it looked to me like he had full control of the monster while giving up control of his character (it also had that link thingy like Sadhu). His other skill does cause overgrowth of nearby plants, maybe it's a cosmetic thing or maybe it's actually a requirement, but text translation says "Druids can use the grass to attack or defend, so they are effective on grassy terrains."

There were several times when players crossed the aoe of traps, so Sapper traps don't cause friendly fire. The reason why they "avoided" their traps is because some traps act as impassable walls until triggered by an enemy. You can see this weird behavior at 2:16 and 2:26 (focus on the Sapper with the twin tails).

I think more attention needs to be given to the Monk's ability which causes their hands to glow with energy and makes basic attacks use fists within the buff's duration. Knuckles are overrated.
Desperate for 1 key.
avantius
Apprentice
Favorite Class: Centurion

Post by avantius » August 24th, 2014, 4:36 pm

I was hoping to see the Monk have some sort of mobility-enhancement ability to dart about the battlefield quickly. (I think one of the cleric classes gets a buff like it though?) :hmm:

It might've just not been showcased, I'm pretty much a fan of having great mobility in tactical-type games, and wonder which classes would have those sort of abilities. Asuming the Cataphract & Hackaspell have some natural increased movement speed, but wonder what other classes get similar mobility options.
Vrenna
Apprentice

Post by Vrenna » August 24th, 2014, 5:47 pm

avantius wrote:I was hoping to see the Monk have some sort of mobility-enhancement ability to dart about the battlefield quickly. (I think one of the cleric classes gets a buff like it though?) :hmm:

It might've just not been showcased, I'm pretty much a fan of having great mobility in tactical-type games, and wonder which classes would have those sort of abilities. Asuming the Cataphract & Hackaspell have some natural increased movement speed, but wonder what other classes get similar mobility options.
That literally sounded as a "Give ToS Monks the RO Monks' Body Relocation".
But well, considering how ToS monk is (Ki Style) I'd rather expect it being able to fly around (DBZ ftw) rather than just running faster, who knows what we will get.
cholo
Apprentice
Timezone: UTC-5

Post by cholo » August 24th, 2014, 6:14 pm

avantius wrote:I was hoping to see the Monk have some sort of mobility-enhancement ability to dart about the battlefield quickly. (I think one of the cleric classes gets a buff like it though?)
you're right. the only movement speed enhancement i've seen is from the cleric branch. the chronomancer can increase movement and attack speed, along with many other cool features.
avantius
Apprentice

Post by avantius » August 24th, 2014, 8:13 pm

Vrenna wrote:
avantius wrote:I was hoping to see the Monk have some sort of mobility-enhancement ability to dart about the battlefield quickly. (I think one of the cleric classes gets a buff like it though?) :hmm:

That literally sounded as a "Give ToS Monks the RO Monks' Body Relocation".
But well, considering how ToS monk is (Ki Style) I'd rather expect it being able to fly around (DBZ ftw) rather than just running faster, who knows what we will get.
Hahah, that was exactly my train of thought. :heh:
Perhaps the Shinobi will get something like it then if not monks? :hmm:
Kago
Beginner
Timezone: +5:30 GMT

Post by Kago » August 25th, 2014, 5:35 pm

Hmm if the game takes elemental attacks into consideration, example fire monster is weak against water attacks and such(i think it should), an elementalist can be a real advantage.

Monk good tanks and even some skills to reflect all damage!!

What i am wondering is if the sappers will have elemental traps, that would be pretty handy! :D :gg:
Goldmind
Apprentice
Timezone: UTC+30

Post by Goldmind » August 25th, 2014, 10:04 pm

For some reason, when I look at the Sapper gameplay I see it as a demolitionist instead something from the Archer branch. Something about the way they set up their entrapment.
Vrenna
Apprentice

Post by Vrenna » August 25th, 2014, 10:37 pm

Oh well, now it's explained: Druids are really useless without plants around.

I hope they know how to manipulate moss and mushrooms too so they can do something inside caves.
avantius
Apprentice

Post by avantius » August 25th, 2014, 11:04 pm

Perhaps they'll get the ability to actually grow stuff on the fields, which then they could use their abilities on?

Hmm, artificial forests. :hmm: