Are Cataphracts the only class that use two handed spears?

KryForMe
Newcomer

Are Cataphracts the only class that use two handed spears?

Post by KryForMe » November 1st, 2015, 2:51 am

Also do they need a mount to use the two-handed-spear?
And which skills are focused on being on a mount?

Basically, I'd love a halberd class that's on their own feet. Anyone know if this is a good idea? Or will I be making things too difficult on myself? = n =
faeo_mavklas
Apprentice
Guild: TBA
Timezone: -8
Favorite Class: Hackapell
Server: Klaipeda

Re: Are Cataphracts the only class that use two handed spears?

Post by faeo_mavklas » November 1st, 2015, 8:16 am

1. You don't have to be mounted to use a spear but to use the "mounted skills" you will need to be mounted.
2. All 4 skills are mounted skills(1st Circle and onwards)

Example 1. Let's say you went highlander and you have Cartar Stroke. You want to use it with a spear, so you get OFF the mount in order to use the skill. But in order to use the "cataphract" skills you'll need to get BACK on the mount to use Earth Wave.

Example 2. According to some list that players have compiled, you can use a good number of skills from different class WHILE mounted as long as you have the required weapon stance. For instance two of the Corsair's skills are on the list for skills that you can't use while riding on a mount but skills such as Double Weapon Assault wasn't on the list. So it's possible to be mounted while using dual daggers/swords and doing the attack cancels IN THEORY.

Keep in mind that this reference is...outdated from what they're saying.
https://www.reddit.com/r/treeofsavior/c ... atibility/
Gardosen
Site Admin
Favorite Class: Doppelsöldner

Post by Gardosen » November 1st, 2015, 11:50 am

I think this could be a helpful information in our database. if a skill can be used while beeing mounted or not.

Let''s see if we can get something like this done.

Kind regards
Gardosen
My Dragoon Passive OneHanded Spear Dagger Build -> http://www.tosbase.com/tools/skill-simu ... aztoyx6nj/
KryForMe
Newcomer

Post by KryForMe » November 1st, 2015, 11:59 pm

faeo_mavklas wrote:1. You don't have to be mounted to use a spear but to use the "mounted skills" you will need to be mounted.
2. All 4 skills are mounted skills(1st Circle and onwards)

Example 1. Let's say you went highlander and you have Cartar Stroke. You want to use it with a spear, so you get OFF the mount in order to use the skill. But in order to use the "cataphract" skills you'll need to get BACK on the mount to use Earth Wave.

Example 2. According to some list that players have compiled, you can use a good number of skills from different class WHILE mounted as long as you have the required weapon stance. For instance two of the Corsair's skills are on the list for skills that you can't use while riding on a mount but skills such as Double Weapon Assault wasn't on the list. So it's possible to be mounted while using dual daggers/swords and doing the attack cancels IN THEORY.

Keep in mind that this reference is...outdated from what they're saying.
https://www.reddit.com/r/treeofsavior/c ... atibility/
That was extremely helpful! As long as I can still use skills practically with the spear, that's fine. Although, it's a bummer I can't use Cataphract skills like picking enemies up, that looked very fun haha.

Thanks a bunch for the insight.