faeo_mavklas
Apprentice
Guild: TBA
Timezone: -8
Favorite Class: Hackapell
Server: Klaipeda

Personal thoughts on fencers

Post by faeo_mavklas » October 29th, 2015, 8:02 am

The skills are decent...even though it's generic. There's lunging, a combination of thrusts, a pommel attack, stop-hits, and prise de fer(umbrella term for blade-on-blade techniques). Honestly I expected something more fantasy-like and supernatural. But what actually irks me is the costume. When I think about it now....with all the new fencer videos popping up I now get to see them in action. Doing the skills and donning the costume. The thing is....they are friggin ugly.:hmm:

I was so excited to make the class or think of making it in the future but when I think about wasting one or two whole ranks for some ugly costume..I started to hesitate. I really don't want to jump on the "corsair pirate ship" like everyone but really the fencer class looks so ugly so I'm beginning to think twice what I should spend the rest of my 2 ranks for in this CBT. I went C2 Swordie and a C1 Barbirichan-going C2 in all so I have 2 more ranks undecided. Doesn't look like I'll be going fencer if there's even any in this CBT. Of course there's the option of wearing a different costume but...wasting 2 whole ranks is expensive.

I really hope they change the fencer costume. Friggin ugly. :bzz:

Something like this would've been a lot better...
Enryd
Apprentice
Timezone: UTC+8
Favorite Class: Falconer
Server: [SEA] Telsiai
Team Name: Enryd

Re: Personal thoughts on fencers

Post by Enryd » October 30th, 2015, 3:19 am

I agree. That's one of the reasons why I'm going C3 barb then, doppelsoldner. I chose doppel because of "Double Pay Earn" skill. That's what I plan to do if I'll get to play the game in it's initial OBT(if it will be available in the Philippines). Btw, i think the doppel male's costume design was based on the real doppelsoldners.(Googled it). :heh: