How important are tanks?

Shizo211
Newcomer

How important are tanks?

Post by Shizo211 » October 26th, 2015, 1:19 pm

How important are tank classes?

A friend of mine was thinking about playing the tank in our group but he worries that a traditional tanker won't even be needed. From videos you can see that people are just running/jumping around and without the need of a non-dmg tank. Apparently full tanks are also pretty ignorable in pvp.

So what is the consensus for tanky swordman builds right now?
Regar
Beginner

Re: How important are tanks?

Post by Regar » October 26th, 2015, 3:46 pm

I'd say we'll be wiser on that question in a month from now. If a group needs good aggro management to kill bosses in the future, then tanks will certainly be very useful. Since there is also the classic healer class I assume that this will be the case.
Depending on balancing, tanks can also be extremely powerful (defending chokeholds, first line of defense when defending castle) or nearly useless in PVP.
enrique.lato
Beginner

Post by enrique.lato » October 26th, 2015, 6:19 pm

It's still kinda early to say if the game will need tanks or not, but what would be the point of program, and design a tank class, if it is going to be useless?

Most videos in YT are from players under lvl 150, I read somewhere, that in higher level areas, monster will tear you apart if you don't have enugh def.
Voolhock1
Newcomer

Post by Voolhock1 » November 1st, 2015, 10:30 pm

I am Platini with two friends. Healer, dps, and one.of them is playing fully tank. He is extremely usefull! Perhaps we could play 2x dps and support, but it is easier with him. And we have a lot of fun BTW :gawi:
Crow
Beginner

Post by Crow » November 3rd, 2015, 11:59 am

In terms of early leveling (circle 2 - 3) tanks greatly speed up the grind due to Swash Buckling. In Tenent chapel and its dungeon, they allow for much more efficient hits from AoE DDs. For higher level grind refer to this video - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e6GPtmya3TA - which shows it is still useful at level 200.

For other areas I can only speculate, but I expect tanks to be good in party leveling all game long, due to ability to mob. Late game bosses, from what I have seen, indeed hit very hard, but not sure if you need tanks to handle it. No idea about PvP.