Questions: Archer to Schwarzer Reiter

Zillionaire
Newcomer

Questions: Archer to Schwarzer Reiter

Post by Zillionaire » October 23rd, 2015, 12:37 am

So my questions are focused mainly on these two classes. I know for a fact that Archers, Rangers and Rogues use the same kind of weapon, which is a bow or a crossbow. What I don't know is if my build is going to work without changing weapons if my end game class preference is Schwarzer Reiter, since this guy uses a pistol.

Questions:

1. Will my Archer, Ranger and Rogue skills still work if I change class to Schwarzer Reiter?
2. Can Schwarzer Reiters equip bows and crossbows while mounted?
3. Will my Schwarzer Reiter skills be usable if I equip a bow or a crossbow?
Last edited by Zillionaire on October 24th, 2015, 1:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Kazuya
Beginner
Favorite Class: Shepherd

Re: Questions: Archer to Schwarzer Reiter

Post by Kazuya » October 23rd, 2015, 12:39 am

Pistols are sub-weapons, so you can equip a Crossbow in your main hand and you will still be able to use pistols skills

Now, check the skills on your build you want, check the required stances on them, but right now, the only skills that I remember that can't be used on Crossbows are fletcher skills.
Zillionaire
Newcomer

Post by Zillionaire » October 23rd, 2015, 12:54 am

Kazuya wrote:Pistols are sub-weapons, so you can equip a Crossbow in your main hand and you will still be able to use pistols skills

Now, check the skills on your build you want, check the required stances on them, but right now, the only skills that I remember that can't be used on Crossbows are fletcher skills.
Thanks for the very fast response! So basically what you're saying is, that's a YES to all my questions, right? By the way, I got some follow up questions:

1. Some Rogue skills, like Feint are melee, but it doesn't have a required stance like Schwarzer Reiter skills, will I be able to cast Feint with a crossbow or bow + pistol equipped as a subweapon?

2. Since my build is focused on the STR stat and CRIT skills for maximum damage, it is very low on accuracy. Do CRIT skills miss? If I have a high critical rate percentage but low accuracy will my skills and normal attacks still hit?

Again, thanks in advance to anyone who can answer.
Musteque
Donator
Timezone: CET
Favorite Class: Monk

Post by Musteque » October 23rd, 2015, 1:09 pm

Kazuya wrote:Pistols are sub-weapons, so you can equip a Crossbow in your main hand and you will still be able to use pistols skills

I was going to correct you, since on youtube (now outdated) videos it clearly shows Pistol in the main hand slot, alongside a shield, but after digging, it turns out you're right. And they made Pistol a sub-weapon as for 2-3 patches ago.

You're right, TOSBase skill does mention a "BowAndPistol" stance, meaning Crossbow in the main hand, and Pistol in the off-hand.
Zillionaire
Newcomer

Post by Zillionaire » October 23rd, 2015, 6:24 pm

Musteque wrote:

I was going to correct you, since on youtube (now outdated) videos it clearly shows Pistol in the main hand slot, alongside a shield, but after digging, it turns out you're right. And they made Pistol a sub-weapon as for 2-3 patches ago.

You're right, TOSBase skill does mention a "BowAndPistol" stance, meaning Crossbow in the main hand, and Pistol in the off-hand.
@Musteque Thanks for the confirmation, by the way, have you played in the first CBT? Can you, by any chance answer my other questions?

1. Some Rogue skills, like Feint are melee, but it doesn't have a required stance like Schwarzer Reiter skills, will I be able to cast Feint with a crossbow or bow + pistol equipped as a subweapon?

2. Since my build is focused on the STR stat and CRIT skills for maximum damage, it is very low on accuracy. Do CRIT skills miss? If I have a high critical rate percentage but low accuracy will my skills and normal attacks still hit?
Musteque
Donator

Post by Musteque » October 24th, 2015, 8:14 am

Zillionaire wrote: 1. Some Rogue skills, like Feint are melee, but it doesn't have a required stance like Schwarzer Reiter skills, will I be able to cast Feint with a crossbow or bow + pistol equipped as a subweapon?

I haven't played iCBT1.

1. Feint is a debuff, you should be able to cast it regardless of your equipped weapon(s). See it in action here: http://www.tosbase.com/database/skills/30702/

Usually if skills have no required weapon stance, they can be used with any weapon. Tosbase should be up-to-date with most skills.

2. Good question. I honestly don't know. But accuracy is rarely an issue in ToS. Players have reported to never miss attacks even with low to no DEX investment. The only potential issue could be against high DEX/Evasion players in PVP.

Btw, you should enjoy this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T8bIxVvTQGg
Zillionaire
Newcomer

Post by Zillionaire » October 24th, 2015, 1:36 pm

Musteque wrote:
Zillionaire wrote: 1. Some Rogue skills, like Feint are melee, but it doesn't have a required stance like Schwarzer Reiter skills, will I be able to cast Feint with a crossbow or bow + pistol equipped as a subweapon?

I haven't played iCBT1.

1. Feint is a debuff, you should be able to cast it regardless of your equipped weapon(s). See it in action here: http://www.tosbase.com/database/skills/30702/

Usually if skills have no required weapon stance, they can be used with any weapon. Tosbase should be up-to-date with most skills.

2. Good question. I honestly don't know. But accuracy is rarely an issue in ToS. Players have reported to never miss attacks even with low to no DEX investment. The only potential issue could be against high DEX/Evasion players in PVP.

Btw, you should enjoy this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T8bIxVvTQGg
Great vids! Thanks for answering most of my questions, you've been a great help. Btw I saw the Feint vid before you gave me that link, I thought the Rogue was using the dagger for buffing. So I was still wondering if I needed an equipped dagger to cast that. I did see that there was no required stance so here's to hoping it can be cast without swapping weapons and the accuracy - CRIT mystery too. :)
Musteque
Donator

Post by Musteque » October 24th, 2015, 5:47 pm

Zillionaire wrote: Great vids! Thanks for answering most of my questions, you've been a great help. Btw I saw the Feint vid before you gave me that link, I thought the Rogue was using the dagger for buffing. So I was still wondering if I needed an equipped dagger to cast that. I did see that there was no required stance so here's to hoping it can be cast without swapping weapons and the accuracy - CRIT mystery too. :)
Afaik the only Rogue skill requiring a dagger (and a crossbow in main hand), is Backstab. The rest of them can be used freely. What you see when he casts Feint is just a generic animation.
Zillionaire
Newcomer

Post by Zillionaire » October 24th, 2015, 11:58 pm

Musteque wrote:
Zillionaire wrote: Great vids! Thanks for answering most of my questions, you've been a great help. Btw I saw the Feint vid before you gave me that link, I thought the Rogue was using the dagger for buffing. So I was still wondering if I needed an equipped dagger to cast that. I did see that there was no required stance so here's to hoping it can be cast without swapping weapons and the accuracy - CRIT mystery too. :)
Afaik the only Rogue skill requiring a dagger (and a crossbow in main hand), is Backstab. The rest of them can be used freely. What you see when he casts Feint is just a generic animation.
I see. So that takes care of the synergy of my build. Only mystery now is if CRIT attacks need accuracy to hit. :)
faeo_mavklas
Apprentice
Guild: TBA
Timezone: -8
Favorite Class: Hackapell
Server: Klaipeda

Post by faeo_mavklas » October 25th, 2015, 12:40 am

That's so confusing. BowAndPistol, stance. What does that mean? Can you choose to equip a bow OR a pistol or is it like what you guys are guessing? An x-bow and a pistol? When you think about it....a crossbow and a pistol don't work. How the heck are you suppose to re-load any of the weapon if you dual wield them? Something is off. Need more clarification. :hmm:
Musteque
Donator

Post by Musteque » October 25th, 2015, 1:01 am

faeo_mavklas wrote:That's so confusing. BowAndPistol, stance. What does that mean? Can you choose to equip a bow OR a pistol or is it like what you guys are guessing? An x-bow and a pistol? When you think about it....a crossbow and a pistol don't work. How the heck are you suppose to re-load any of the weapon if you dual wield them? Something is off. Need more clarification. :hmm:
Bow is actually a Crossbow (One handed), but it's the name IMC gave it in the files. The normal bow is called Two-handed Bow (thbow). IMC logic, go figure.

So the stance means Crossbow in main hand, edit: pistol in off-hand.
Last edited by Musteque on October 25th, 2015, 7:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
faeo_mavklas
Apprentice

Post by faeo_mavklas » October 25th, 2015, 1:37 am

Musteque wrote:
faeo_mavklas wrote:That's so confusing. BowAndPistol, stance. What does that mean? Can you choose to equip a bow OR a pistol or is it like what you guys are guessing? An x-bow and a pistol? When you think about it....a crossbow and a pistol don't work. How the heck are you suppose to re-load any of the weapon if you dual wield them? Something is off. Need more clarification. :hmm:
Bow is actually a Crossbow (One handed), but it's the name IMC gave it in the files. The normal bow is called Two-handed Bow (thbow). IMC logic, go figure.

So the stance means Crossbow in main hand, dagger in off-hand.
Crossbow in main-hand and dagger in off-hand. So the Reiters aren't firearm dependent on using their skills anymore? I like that. Not to offend any gun lovers out there but the reason why I drop Reiter was because they used guns. If the class can choose to use crossbows OVER pistols..I actually don't mind making a Reiter. I hope it doesn't require you to equip BOTH a crossbow and a pistol because that would suck aesthetically-it just seems off.
Donaire Family
Apprentice
Favorite Class: Plague Doctor
Team Name: Donaire

Post by Donaire Family » October 25th, 2015, 1:49 am

faeo_mavklas wrote:
Musteque wrote:

So the stance means Crossbow in main hand, dagger in off-hand.
Crossbow in main-hand and dagger in off-hand. So the Reiters aren't firearm dependent on using their skills anymore? I like that. Not to offend any gun lovers out there but the reason why I drop Reiter was because they used guns. If the class can choose to use crossbows OVER pistols..I actually don't mind making a Reiter. I hope it doesn't require you to equip BOTH a crossbow and a pistol because that would suck aesthetically-it just seems off.
Crossbow in main-hand and Pistol in off-hand
faeo_mavklas
Apprentice

Post by faeo_mavklas » October 25th, 2015, 2:05 am

Donaire Family wrote: Crossbow in main-hand and Pistol in off-hand
That's so retarded. Nevermind then. :hmm:
Donaire Family
Apprentice
Favorite Class: Plague Doctor
Team Name: Donaire

Post by Donaire Family » October 25th, 2015, 2:48 am

faeo_mavklas wrote:
I dont know if im wrong but they do that to let you use skills from other classes without switch weapon so many times
faeo_mavklas
Apprentice

Post by faeo_mavklas » October 25th, 2015, 3:49 am

Donaire Family wrote:
faeo_mavklas wrote:
I dont know if im wrong but they do that to let you use skills from other classes without switch weapon so many times
For me it's not about convenience, it's about aesthetics. I like the Reiter's armor but I don't like using guns...to top that off if have to dual wield a pistol and a crossbow it looks.....dumb. :pif:

Oh well I wanted to go Rogue C2 anyways.
Musteque
Donator

Post by Musteque » October 25th, 2015, 7:16 am

Donaire Family wrote:Crossbow in main-hand and Pistol in off-hand
Yes this, I meant Pistol, not Dagger, my bad if I confused anyone. Not sure why I typed Dagger.
Donaire Family wrote:
faeo_mavklas wrote:
That is exactly the reason. Schwarzer Reiter players complained about not being able to access previous Archer skills and being limited to only their class skill. So IMC changed the Pistol from main hand to off hand, which allowed them to use a One-handed Crossbow in the main hand slot to use Archer skills. They lost the ability to use shield in the process, though (since pistols now occupy that slot).
mshots
Newcomer
Team Name: Anonymous

Post by mshots » June 16th, 2016, 10:03 am

who cares its illogical or not. anyway we wouldnt be able to jump and turn around 180 degrees 3 or 4 times in 1 sec as well while it can be done in game using keyboard, no?

anyway logically thinking, it is still possible for the character to reload every time you have no mobs in 1 seconds and those guns would have a big capacity magazines presumably, and the crossbow will have a very high technology multi capacity darts magazine. this would happen if you want to make everything as real as you wished.

cheers.