Oracle

Iden
Apprentice

Oracle

Post by Iden » August 10th, 2014, 5:08 pm

Seems like this class will be useful in the data mining phase early on, figuring out item drops. Maybe the class could even have something similar to wizard's sense on RO to figure out max hp and element and stuff.

On the other hand oracle will most likely lose it's potential compared to other classes later on when people have gathered a database covering all the info (see ratemyserver).

I also liked the monster summoning and morphing, this class is definitely high on my wanna-play-with -list.
Goldmind
Apprentice
Timezone: UTC+30

Re: Oracle

Post by Goldmind » August 10th, 2014, 6:20 pm

I definitely agree with you here.

Judging from the video that displayed the Oracle's gameplay, it does share a few skills similar to RO's Wizard/High Wizard skills. I'm pretty excited about what the future holds for the rest of Oracle's skill tree.
Flash
Site Admin
Favorite Class: Cleric
Server: [EU] Fedimian

Post by Flash » August 10th, 2014, 7:04 pm

I'd like to see a Hocus-pocus skill :)

I'll definetly play this class but probably only for gathering database information and to have some fun.
Arec
Apprentice
Guild: ROOT
Timezone: PST
Favorite Class: Templar

Post by Arec » August 10th, 2014, 7:21 pm

Oracle seems fun. I was pretty amazed by how they made the ground effects for skill ranges an actual skill!
Crow
Beginner

Post by Crow » August 10th, 2014, 10:38 pm

I don't think it will fall out of favor, due to inspect drops skill. Imagine winging around GH until you find that one Raydric that has the card. Or, party waits in town, Oracles go to MVP locations, if they find some good drop, party moves to intercept.

Maybe not something you will want for your killer main, but definitely useful.
Laima
Apprentice
Timezone: UTC+8

Post by Laima » August 11th, 2014, 5:30 am

Yeah, as long as it displays real-time drops, the class won't fall off. Or if their spawning/morphing abilities have moderately low cooldown, they'd be quite welcome in grinding parties. Personally, I think it'll be more controversial than Chronomancer.
Desperate for 1 key.
Drosser
Beginner
Timezone: UTC-5

Post by Drosser » January 1st, 2015, 4:47 am

An oracle can see into the future, yeah? But can they see why kids love Cinnamon Toast Crunch?
I don't think we're in Cantha anymore, Togo.
Bitrip
Apprentice
Favorite Class: Squire

Post by Bitrip » March 9th, 2015, 5:19 pm

I'm really excited for the Oracle class. I'm really hoping that they will implement a system that allows you to switch to another class from the same tree as I suspect this class will fall off after a few months and all the wikis pop up. Either way, I will at least check it out. I love insider-info and a class tailor made to that is right up my alley!
Now, which one of you will adorn me today?
Star.E.Knight
Apprentice
Guild: Dream Revolution
Timezone: GMT -7
Favorite Class: Shepherd

Post by Star.E.Knight » March 10th, 2015, 12:08 am

Bitrip wrote:I'm really excited for the Oracle class. I'm really hoping that they will implement a system that allows you to switch to another class from the same tree as I suspect this class will fall off after a few months and all the wikis pop up. Either way, I will at least check it out. I love insider-info and a class tailor made to that is right up my alley!
I dont think this class will ever fall out of style. Seeing as you can see the chance you have of getting the item on that one mob so you can pick if you want to kill it or not. The oracle will also show incoming attacks, which from what they said, you wont be able to see once you past the lower levels. Not sure if this is how one of their skills work, but they also seem to be able to summon the same mob next to another one so you can increase your chance of getting the item your looking for. So for that I believe that this is going to be very much used to hunt for items :)
Never argue with a Noob.... They only bring you down to their level and beat you with their experience.
Bitrip
Apprentice
Favorite Class: Squire

Post by Bitrip » March 10th, 2015, 12:26 am

Star.E.Knight wrote:
Bitrip wrote:I'm really excited for the Oracle class. I'm really hoping that they will implement a system that allows you to switch to another class from the same tree as I suspect this class will fall off after a few months and all the wikis pop up. Either way, I will at least check it out. I love insider-info and a class tailor made to that is right up my alley!
I dont think this class will ever fall out of style. Seeing as you can see the chance you have of getting the item on that one mob so you can pick if you want to kill it or not. The oracle will also show incoming attacks, which from what they said, you wont be able to see once you past the lower levels. Not sure if this is how one of their skills work, but they also seem to be able to summon the same mob next to another one so you can increase your chance of getting the item your looking for. So for that I believe that this is going to be very much used to hunt for items :)
Yeah, seeing the trajectory of the enemy's attacks is crazy useful...especially for boss fights. Normally I would go for the Chronomancer, as time manipulation is usually my thing...but I'm just astonished at the fact that the game has such unique classes like these. It's so refreshing...how could anyone not be interested in at least checking them out?!
Now, which one of you will adorn me today?