Heal spell formula

Crow
Beginner

Heal spell formula

Post by Crow » August 10th, 2015, 10:32 am

Hi.

There is a lot of inconsistent information, about how spells work in ToS. I did some simple tests during icb. Sadly I only got in in the second round, so didn't have time to do detailed analysis. Some results are obvious, while other leave me confused.

The most important observation, which should help us choose our early game equipement is:

Heal spell heal scales with INT, while damage scales with m.atk.

1) Healing. The basic formula appears to be simple. You get linear bonus to heal, equal to your INT. Therefore each tile heals for amount mentioned in skill description, plus your int.

What made me more confused, is the attribute bonus. I only managed to get it to 5%, so it wasn't easy to observe this. However, it appears, that heal attribute (which only mentions damage in description) also applies to heal amount. That is, at least when I was using a mace. When I switched to rod, which was upgraded, gemmed and had more m.atk, I was getting slightly weaker heals. I was able to get so low heal values, that it was only possible if attribute did not apply to heal amount. I was not able to reproduce those low values, when using a mace. Maybe there is a bug, which prevents attribute from applying, when rod is equipped?

2) Damage. Heal damage also appears to scale linearly, but with m.atk. The base of your damage is damage from spell description + m.atk. Due to damage reductions on monsters, and limited time, I was not able to test how does the attribute apply here.

3) I also took a quick look at cure damage. It clearly also scales with m.atk, but I am not sure how. It is definitely not full m.atk added to each hit, but I think it is more than your m.atk getting divided throughout the skill duration.

Summarizing - as long as you look only to support and not deal damage, you should only focus on int and ignore m.atk. If you look to deal damage, you should use a rod, which will have more m.atk than a mace.

PS. You can hotkey your weapons, so the weapon switch attribute is a waste of precious silver early on.
Noah
Beginner

Re: Heal spell formula

Post by Noah » August 10th, 2015, 11:19 am

Crow wrote:PS. You can hotkey your weapons, so the weapon switch attribute is a waste of precious silver early on.
Woah, why didn't I notice this?! Useful tip, thank you good sir! :no1:

What was the topic by the way?
Aries
Apprentice

Post by Aries » August 12th, 2015, 2:52 pm

Thanks for the info! I wish beta lasted longer... Not enough testing time T.T
PrincessKurumi
Donator
Timezone: GMT/UTC+8 Singapore
Favorite Class: Alchemist

Post by PrincessKurumi » August 12th, 2015, 6:49 pm

Noah wrote:
Crow wrote:PS. You can hotkey your weapons, so the weapon switch attribute is a waste of precious silver early on.
Didn't know about this, and thanks for the info on healing!

What was the topic by the way?
SixPool
Apprentice
Timezone: GMT+8
Favorite Class: Rogue

Post by SixPool » August 12th, 2015, 6:54 pm

Isn't M.Atk influenced by Int? So wouldn't it be better to stack Int instead? So you get both Heal and Heal damage? Or am I missing something?O.o I didn't play Cleric last CBT so I honestly don't know.
Crow
Beginner

Post by Crow » August 13th, 2015, 11:34 am

SixPool wrote:Isn't M.Atk influenced by Int? So wouldn't it be better to stack Int instead? So you get both Heal and Heal damage? Or am I missing something?O.o I didn't play Cleric last CBT so I honestly don't know.
It is. However, there are items in game that provide bare m.atk. It is worth noting, that it is pointless to equip them for sake of heals, but important to equip them for damage. It is also important, that we can't go full CON (for PvP) and just have good heals from m.atk - we need base int.
Asfel
Newcomer

Post by Asfel » August 13th, 2015, 3:37 pm

i beleive heal formula is one of

1) healValue = MSP * 0.05 //didt know what is MSP

2) healValue = ((50 + SkillAtkAdd) * 1.5) * 1.1

3) healValue = ((50 + SkillAtkAdd) * 1.5) * 1.3

that looks like true because contains INT
local value = skill.SklAtkAdd + (skill.Level - 1) * skill.SklAtkAddByLevel
value = value + pc.INT;

cure is: 8 + skill.Level * 2

skillAtkAdd can be calcualted during tests of heal amount
Crow
Beginner

Post by Crow » August 14th, 2015, 10:49 am

This is a bit confusing. Is this a prediction, of how heal scales with skill levels? If that is the case the formula that you say looks true is 'Value from spell tooltip + INT', as in the OP. After that you dwell into how the tooltip value changes based on skill level? But if that is a case I see little point in researching what the skillSklAtkAdd is, as we can find the result values in spell tooltips. Unless you want to predict values from heal strengthened by divine might or claim, that this is a somehow universal skill formula/factor?