Pardoner?

Dwarfurious
Beginner

Pardoner?

Post by Dwarfurious » August 4th, 2014, 6:10 am

I dont think i like the sound of this 'class'.. they just create scrolls of spells? I've seen classes that are just pure buff support but this is different, feels like 'getting scrolls from a pardoner' will be a whole chore you need to do every now and then and keep them on you for dungeons, and how do they sell something they can create with just mana?
Phelsetti
Apprentice
Favorite Class: Cannoneer

Re: Pardoner?

Post by Phelsetti » August 4th, 2014, 6:16 am

Yeah...Pardoner was a bit iffy for me too. With the Q&A officially translated, they can also make items that activate depending on the players condition, that was pretty nifty. Past that, there's not much there to offer other than a scroll vendor/buff seller.
Laima
Apprentice
Timezone: UTC+8

Post by Laima » August 4th, 2014, 6:24 am

Some classes are geared more toward crafting, so they naturally appear like accessory features than actual classes. Pardoner can be seen as a profitable option for clerics, but if you want stronger or more varied buffs, you'd pick a different class.
Desperate for 1 key.
Phelsetti
Apprentice
Favorite Class: Cannoneer

Post by Phelsetti » August 4th, 2014, 6:36 am

Can't really deny that they can be a great addition to instances or boss fights though. Well...if they're giving enough. Distributing things like healing/buff scrolls and reactive items before starting things would definitely help give your party coverage and also be able to self sustain themselves while the Cleric may be preoccupied.

So situation wise, they can be rather useful. But overall, just a class for profit.
cholo
Apprentice
Timezone: UTC-5

Post by cholo » August 4th, 2014, 7:29 am

Dwarfurious wrote:how do they sell something they can create with just mana?
From the looks of it, their skills require consumable materials and not simply mana alone.
Dwarfurious
Beginner

Post by Dwarfurious » August 4th, 2014, 9:30 am

I havnt seen the video yet but if they just make scrolls for you to use, why would you have one on your team ever? They can cast the same spells? Some games make clerics kind of a waste because health potions are easy to get and effective, kind of sounds like that... and how do buffs stack ?
Zalera
Apprentice
Timezone: UTC+1

Post by Zalera » August 4th, 2014, 9:51 am

u may consider it as "sage/scholar"'s endow scrolls of ragnarok online imho.
they required little quest, some materials and all needed them anyway :P
maybe they'll be something alike, and yes those endow scrolls had quite a market. why should you spend time to make the char, use the skill and collect consumable if you prefer instead to get them with a click with some money? a lot of player will for sure look for those scrolls
also known as Adramelk :gawi:
Flash
Site Admin
Favorite Class: Cleric
Server: [EU] Fedimian

Post by Flash » August 4th, 2014, 3:46 pm

I kinda like the idea however I think they really should be able to use all their skills directly on other players. I would assume this is the case and maybe they are only able to craft the Cleric skills into scrolls and not not special Pardoner skills, we will see.

I think RO showed us that there is some need for this as many people started creating buff slaves etc. So for people that want to do some leveling alone those scrolls can be very usefull however finding a real Cleric probably would be better in the long term because it's cheaper especially if you run dungeons so I'm confident, that this will be well balanced out and that Cleric classes are still needed in combat but for some situations those scrolls can be very usefull.
Arec
Apprentice
Guild: ROOT
Timezone: PST
Favorite Class: Templar

Post by Arec » August 4th, 2014, 4:03 pm

I think using the scrolls are more for people whod definitely rather solo play. While having a cleric is necessary for solo play as well as what Flash said. Cheaper. You wont need scrolls and such if youre not or dont want too solo.
Silk
Apprentice

Post by Silk » August 5th, 2014, 4:31 am

I think it will be fine, let's consider them in balance to other support classes we know so far.

The Chronomancer is very supportive because it can move back in time to ressurect allies and also move time faster to give agility to allies, it can also freeze enemies in time.

The Pardoner doesn't necessarily have such abilities, but heres an issue: you can keep skills from old classes... So can the pardoner make scrolls of any skill? Can they make scrolls for skills that the players old classes have?

The answer? It doesn't matter: The chronomancer, we know from it's stance and "mancer" title, is a mage type. Even if the Pardoner can scroll the skills of the players previous classes, there are support skills that it will never be able to put on a scroll, so there's a lot of opportunity for the game to benefit from the healthy aspects of their ability while dodging negative impact on players who may want to support but are afraid of being outclassed by abunch of scrolls.
Laima
Apprentice

Post by Laima » August 5th, 2014, 6:01 am

Imagine soloing with a resurrection scroll. *giggles*

Though I'm not sure it would be healthy if the solution is jumping to the Wizard ship. Well, I still don't believe that Pardoner devalues Cleric/Priest in any way. :P
Desperate for 1 key.
Arec
Apprentice

Post by Arec » August 5th, 2014, 3:04 pm

Silk wrote:I think it will be fine, let's consider them in balance to other support classes we know so far.

The Chronomancer is very supportive because it can move back in time to ressurect allies and also move time faster to give agility to allies, it can also freeze enemies in time.

The Pardoner doesn't necessarily have such abilities, but heres an issue: you can keep skills from old classes... So can the pardoner make scrolls of any skill? Can they make scrolls for skills that the players old classes have?

The answer? It doesn't matter: The chronomancer, we know from it's stance and "mancer" title, is a mage type. Even if the Pardoner can scroll the skills of the players previous classes, there are support skills that it will never be able to put on a scroll, so there's a lot of opportunity for the game to benefit from the healthy aspects of their ability while dodging negative impact on players who may want to support but are afraid of being outclassed by abunch of scrolls.
I imagine with all the classes, there will definitely be downsides to being a certain class, and having restrictions on certain skills based on weapon. Or whatever.
Crow
Beginner

Post by Crow » August 10th, 2014, 10:42 pm

Laima wrote:Imagine soloing with a resurrection scroll. *giggles*
It wasn't unheard of to go farm Anubis with Ygg leafs :P.

On a more serious note - I would gladly see even more non-combat classes. It gives the game some nice depth.
Arec
Apprentice

Post by Arec » August 10th, 2014, 10:45 pm

Crow wrote:
Laima wrote:Imagine soloing with a resurrection scroll. *giggles*
It wasn't unheard of to go farm Anubis with Ygg leafs :P.

On a more serious note - I would gladly see even more non-combat classes. It gives the game some nice depth.
More buffers, CCers, over damage dealing.
Laima
Apprentice

Post by Laima » August 11th, 2014, 5:13 am

Crow wrote:It wasn't unheard of to go farm Anubis with Ygg leafs :P.
ikindameant.jpg
Desperate for 1 key.
politank
Newcomer

Post by politank » August 20th, 2014, 11:43 am

i think pardoner scrolls is for solo players, and sometime it will come in handy in case your healers are out of mana or they die .You must have some consumable items to craft it, and for me it's pretty useful, especial for TOS heal system. And buff shop ??? Why not, it's like KiKi KuKu of ragnarok, and we love him :lv: :lv: :lv:
vegax87
Apprentice
Timezone: GMT+1
Favorite Class: Wugushi

Post by vegax87 » April 13th, 2015, 3:55 pm

Confirmed skills for CBT2
Note: Spell Shop & Discern Evil have been swapped
Spell Shop is now Circle 2 and Discern Evil is now Circle 1

Simony (Circle 1)

You can craft scrolls for free without selling them.

Indulgentia (Circle 1)

It's an improved version of Cleric's Cure, it dispels more powerful debuffs (maybe Boss debuffs) and damage enemies.

Discern Evil (Circle 1 - some days ago it was Circle 2)

Extends the duration of various debuffs against your enemy.

Spell Shop (Circle 2 - some days ago it was Circle 1)

You can sell your crafted scrolls

Oblation (Circle 2)

The translation says is a sort of donation box placed near a statue (Vakarine Statue?) that allows you to gain money from other players, but I don't know the exact context so I can't provide more informations about this skill.
richmil99
Newcomer

Post by richmil99 » June 16th, 2015, 11:29 am

Pardoner can Sell Weapons and armor?