Corsair DPS Build [Feedback Needed]

XannyXan
Newcomer

Corsair DPS Build [Feedback Needed]

Post by XannyXan » August 8th, 2015, 11:27 am

Well I've been messing around on iCBT and so far this build has worked.
But I haven't made it to rank 4 so I don't know if my build will still be viable..

http://www.tosbase.com/tools/skill-simu ... e6ljkc3eu/

High Str/Dex is the goal and trying to get the dual wield asap.
My thoughts behind this is, focus on buffs that give +Dmg and Spd for higher dps.
But I may be going about this the wrong way.
Any suggestions?
Ken928
Beginner
Guild: Omurice

Re: Corsair DPS Build [Feedback Needed]

Post by Ken928 » August 9th, 2015, 8:20 am

I have heard that some buffs only give a flat rate instead of a % rise. I have no idea which ones they were talking about, but of course buffs will be important for every role.

I am mostly just passing along the information I heard, I am blocked from viewing the skill simulator while I am at work, so I also cant comment on the build. But good luck testing, I will be going Corsair also and I will just use what I think works and is fun to play. Just like I did I do in most of the games I play
Clayden
Newcomer

Post by Clayden » August 9th, 2015, 3:56 pm

Doesn't look half bad I woul keep unlock chest at 5 though and probably boost jolly roger to 10
Myoron
Beginner

Post by Myoron » August 9th, 2015, 4:30 pm

I dont think leveling concentration and gungho is really necesary because of the mediocre boost of ATK that they give. Maybe you should put more points in savagery rather than embowel if you aim for the dual wield stuff. Also follow Clayden advice.
Clayden
Newcomer

Post by Clayden » August 9th, 2015, 4:42 pm

Another suggestion which I think I will be going for will be this build: http://www.tosbase.com/tools/skill-simu ... d4mei306a/

While less favorable than the double sword -> to barb on the account that it doesn't do nearly enough damage. This build is centered around a low str but really high agility build. So you attack fast and dodge a lot. That and you also rely on Skull Swing which gives an armor debuff that last till the target dies. So while you still don't do more dmg cause you have really low str you survive longer meaning you have potential to output more.

Looks something like this:

The dmg is pretty low, but the attack speed + ability to dodge 90% of the hits is where the trade off comes from

Plus Barbarians are pretty op in the closed beta right now so I expect them to get nerfed really soon.
XannyXan
Newcomer

Post by XannyXan » August 9th, 2015, 11:42 pm

Thanks for the feedback, and so far around lvl 40, these buffs actually make a difference against boss/mobs. Damage output actually doubles, not sure for higher levels. Also The reason for more points in the buffs is the duration last longer, and SP Drain is awful, so like by the time my buffs wears off i can use the skill again, at first i couldnt do that with the stats in rank 1. I would have to wait 15 - 20sec to use buff again, and the buffs would last less than 20 seconds >.< ALSO Don't forget attributes, it totally ups the damage % of the buffs. About the Stat distribution, I've heard Dex doesn't affect attack speed. I could be wrong though. The attack speed in the video is coming from one of the corsairs abilities I'm pretty sure. :?:

I was thinking about taking Jolly roger to 10 and leaving key at 5. This is has been going back and forth because i found some really good stuff in chest that were locked. (Costumes, recipes, etc.) But damage-wise, Jolly Roger would be the best pick.

On a side note about savagery, I'm thinking about putting more attention on it because there is an attribute for making it work on slash attacks (which AA is a slash) but So far I can't find it in-game on iCBT. >.<
SixPool
Apprentice
Timezone: GMT+8
Favorite Class: Rogue

Post by SixPool » August 10th, 2015, 8:05 am

Myoron wrote:I dont think leveling concentration and gungho is really necesary because of the mediocre boost of ATK that they give. Maybe you should put more points in savagery rather than embowel if you aim for the dual wield stuff. Also follow Clayden advice.
Savagery double strike only works on stab attacks. So putting it there is probably not a good idea. There's an attribute called Savagery: Slash Repeat that makes Savagery work on slash attacks too but someone said it's only at Barb Circle 3 so you won't be able to get both that and Corsair.
Clayden wrote:The dmg is pretty low, but the attack speed + ability to dodge 90% of the hits is where the trade off comes from

Plus Barbarians are pretty op in the closed beta right now so I expect them to get nerfed really soon.
Dex doesn't increase your attack speed. Only Hit Rate, Crit Rate, and Evasion.

I'd probably remove Gung Ho and Concentrate because they currently give flat amount of bonus damage, which will suck at mid/late game, and just put it on active skills instead. Not to mention you only have a max number of buffs allowed at the same time. With OP's build, you'd have 9 buffs total, if Jolly Roger is counted as a buff. Which isn't exactly efficient.

Try this,
http://www.tosbase.com/tools/skill-simu ... y8gt6ihna/

It has 6 buffs total, since I consider Warcry more of a debuff based on the description, which is more efficient to cycle through. It also gives you more active skills to pump up your DPS even more. It's not an auto-attack build by any means but the DPS would probably be better.
Clayden
Newcomer

Post by Clayden » August 10th, 2015, 1:38 pm

XannyXan wrote:I've heard Dex doesn't affect attack speed. I could be wrong though. The attack speed in the video is coming from one of the corsairs abilities I'm pretty sure. :?:
You are right on this fact; I haven't played the game yet so I wasn't to sure exactly where the attack speed was coming from. Also auto-translate only works so well on the dudes build page xD (The Korean player who made this build)

I think there is an attribute/ability (not sure what tree it belongs to though) that ups your attack speed when you dodge an attack. This is how the dex works into this equation. The high evasion plays into the attack speed increase.

Edit: if you are interested in the original build you can find the info on it here (http://info.tos.nexon.com/community/job ... icleSN=932)
Vicious
Newcomer
Timezone: EST

Post by Vicious » August 11th, 2015, 11:33 pm

Clayden wrote:
XannyXan wrote:I've heard Dex doesn't affect attack speed. I could be wrong though. The attack speed in the video is coming from one of the corsairs abilities I'm pretty sure. :?:
You are right on this fact; I haven't played the game yet so I wasn't to sure exactly where the attack speed was coming from. Also auto-translate only works so well on the dudes build page xD (The Korean player who made this build)

I think there is an attribute/ability (not sure what tree it belongs to though) that ups your attack speed when you dodge an attack. This is how the dex works into this equation. The high evasion plays into the attack speed increase.

Edit: if you are interested in the original build you can find the info on it here (http://info.tos.nexon.com/community/job ... icleSN=932)
Not positive, but pretty sure the attack speed comes purely from animation cancelling with main-hand attack and offhand attack