A few swordsman questions.

Shake
Newcomer

A few swordsman questions.

Post by Shake » August 2nd, 2015, 7:29 pm

Hey guys, not sure if anyones played enough KR beta to know the answers to these questions, but figured I'd ask anyway.

1. How does cataphract work? Is cataphract the only way a swordsman can use a mount, and can you use all other swordsman skills that you have from your mount, or can you only use cataphract skills when mounted? Is the mount useable in PvP?

2. As a swordsman with access to multiple weapon types from various classes, is it basically just up to you to choose what weapon you want to use? Do you need to be using a specific weapon to use certain class skills, like can you use hoplite skills with a normal sword or do you need a spear?

3. Are the passive ability lists incomplete on the main site? Corsair only shows 2 passive abilities right now I assume thats incomplete?
faeo_mavklas
Apprentice
Guild: TBA
Timezone: -8
Favorite Class: Hackapell
Server: Klaipeda

Re: A few swordsman questions.

Post by faeo_mavklas » August 2nd, 2015, 10:47 pm

Shake wrote:Hey guys, not sure if anyones played enough KR beta to know the answers to these questions, but figured I'd ask anyway.

1. How does cataphract work? Is cataphract the only way a swordsman can use a mount, and can you use all other swordsman skills that you have from your mount, or can you only use cataphract skills when mounted? Is the mount useable in PvP?

2. As a swordsman with access to multiple weapon types from various classes, is it basically just up to you to choose what weapon you want to use? Do you need to be using a specific weapon to use certain class skills, like can you use hoplite skills with a normal sword or do you need a spear?

3. Are the passive ability lists incomplete on the main site? Corsair only shows 2 passive abilities right now I assume thats incomplete?
I haven't played the game yet but I can answer some questions based on what I've seen and ask from the players.

2. If you look at the skill from the skill simulator on the site http://www.tosbase.com/tools/skill-simulator/, under the description of the skills there should be a "required stance" keyword IF the skill is dependent on a specific weapon. For instance, Rank 1, Swordsman is all sword skills, if you go 2nd rank and choose highlander all but one skill require a 2-handed sword, aka longsword. The skill "cross guard" would be the one that needs you to be equipped with a 2-handed sword. Pretty much it's the same thing for other classes, within the description there should be a notice that tells you which gear you MUST have on. If there's none then it's default weapon, which is for the case of swordies its a normal sword.

Another example is, if you're an archer and if you're a quarrel shooter, crossbow+shield and want to use ranger skills some skills WONT work because you'll need to equip a longbow instead of a crossbow. If you use quarrel shooter skills for Rogue it'll be a perferct compliment since they also focus on crossbows BUT by default they also equip a dagger on their off hand. But if you equip a shield then you'll be able to use shield skills. Darkriders would also compliment from this combination because that class uses a pistol AND a shield. You'll just have to switch the pistol for the crossbow.
Myoron
Beginner

Post by Myoron » August 3rd, 2015, 2:28 am

Anyone knows if the skill pommel beat of the swordsman class can be used with spears too? :?:
Arvatrez
Apprentice
Timezone: UTC+10

Post by Arvatrez » August 3rd, 2015, 2:43 am

Myoron wrote:Anyone knows if the skill pommel beat of the swordsman class can be used with spears too? :?:
according to the KrToS Nexon website, there is no weapon restriction for pummel beat to use

keep in mind that you still need to go either hoplite or cataphract in order to allow you wield 1h or 2h spear
Myoron
Beginner

Post by Myoron » August 3rd, 2015, 2:47 am

Arvatrez wrote:
Myoron wrote:Anyone knows if the skill pommel beat of the swordsman class can be used with spears too? :?:
according to the KrToS Nexon website, there is no weapon restriction for pummel beat to use

keep in mind that you still need to go either hoplite or cataphract in order to allow you wield 1h or 2h spear
Ok! Thanks :no1:
Shake
Newcomer

Post by Shake » August 3rd, 2015, 3:38 am

Thanks for the answers! The build I'm thinking right now is:

R1: Swordsman
R2: Highlander - two-hand mastery attribute seems waaaaaay too good to pass up
R3: Barbarian - mostly just for savagery
R4: Cataphract - split between this or barbarian R2, but I'm thinking cataphract might be worth it just to be able to use the mount even though I'll be using 2h swords and cant use the attacks
R5: Corsair - looks useful for pvp, hopefully it has some good attributes because only 2 show up on the page and I assume thats wrong
R6: Dopplesoldner - the damage on dopplesoldner looks really good.
Arvatrez
Apprentice
Timezone: UTC+10

Post by Arvatrez » August 3rd, 2015, 3:41 am

Shake wrote:Thanks for the answers! The build I'm thinking right now is:

R1: Swordsman
R2: Highlander - two-hand mastery attribute seems waaaaaay too good to pass up
R3: Barbarian - mostly just for savagery
R4: Cataphract - split between this or barbarian R2, but I'm thinking cataphract might be worth it just to be able to use the mount even though I'll be using 2h swords and cant use the attacks
R5: Corsair - looks useful for pvp, hopefully it has some good attributes because only 2 show up on the page and I assume thats wrong
R6: Dopplesoldner - the damage on dopplesoldner looks really good.
I thought you can use mount regardless of class?

as far as I know you cannot attack